User Tag List

Page 116 of 136 FirstFirst ... 106107108109110111112113114115116117118119120121122123124125126 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,320 of 2706

Thread: Grumps can suck it, it's Friday!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Re: Grumps can suck it, it's Friday!

Talked to my son for about an hour last night. He's pretty stoked about riding today. He had been borrowing an upperclassman's bike but now he has his own thanks to a sweet deal from dashDustin. His first ride will be with the team and is expected to be 60 miles. Great for a first time ever on that bike. Thoughts and prayers. If nothing else he's still 19 and flexible and will learn the value of a good pair of shorts. If you see an uncomfortable looking guy on a bike in the vicinity of Annapolis, encourage him.

And I'm 5% through my Master's program.
    Retired Sailor, Marine dad, semi-professional cyclist, fly fisherman, and Indian School STEM teacher.
    Assistant Operating Officer at Farm Soap homemade soaps. www.farmsoap.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post
    On Wednesday my wife went in for surgery to have an "abdominal mass" removed laparoscopically that would switch to full open surgery if the mid-procedure biopsy revealed any sort of malignancy. There wasn't, so it didn't, and after she woke up, I put her in the car and took her to Hillsdale for the first 4 weeks of recovery. Yesterday we went for a four hour walk (doctor's orders) and today we went on another one. She's still feeling after-effects of the anesthesia (balance, day dreams vs. reality, etc.) but the plumbing started working yesterday afternoon and the appetite returned today at lunch. I've been holding my breath since May, and I think today I finally exhaled. Sunny, breezy, and 81F. Windows open. AC off. Nice day.
    Nice news Jorn. Happy for both of you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not on call, don't have any implementations, I gots me two days off.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just one weekend to go until the MRI to fully diagnose the sciatic impingement issues I've been dealing with for a month.
    DT

http://www.mjolnircycles.com/

Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

"the fun outweighs the suck, and the suck hasn't killed me yet." -- chasea

"Sometimes, as good as it feels to speak out, silence is the only way to rise above the morass. The high road is generally a quiet route." -- echelon_john

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Got this picture in a text. He wanted to use my card (my account, his card) to buy a helmet, he had been borrowing one. I sent him a list of things to get including long finger gloves, insulated skullcap, arm/knee warmers, and a standard yellow cycling jacket.
    Retired Sailor, Marine dad, semi-professional cyclist, fly fisherman, and Indian School STEM teacher.
    Assistant Operating Officer at Farm Soap homemade soaps. www.farmsoap.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After my failed condo transaction a couple months ago I successfully closed on a different condo this morning. I can now be done with being that awkward semi-permanent house guest at my cousin’s place.
    La Cheeserie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My oldest daughter got married on the beach - at Acadia National Park in ME. Great week of family, friends, dogs, hiking, food & drink!
    She didn't want a big traditional church & reception wedding, she stripped it all down to the basic and her favorite (mine too) spot. I must say, it was a great way to go!
    I even like my new son-in-law!

Now if my damn broken collarbone would just heal faster, I hate missing fall cycling...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Corso View Post
    My oldest daughter got married on the beach - at Acadia National Park in ME. Great week of family, friends, dogs, hiking, food & drink!
    She didn't want a big traditional church & reception wedding, she stripped it all down to the basic and her favorite (mine too) spot. I must say, it was a great way to go!
    I even like my new son-in-law!

Now if my damn broken collarbone would just heal faster, I hate missing fall cycling...
    Congratulations!!!

An old riding friend shared photos of her daughter's wedding atop Cadillac Mtn just last week. For a second there I thought I might know you IRL!

I'm even a little jealous of your kid's minimalist wedding choices. My daughter and her fiance are slowly working through their options, trying to keep it "cheap" and invite everyone they want. Hey, they've got a date (8/15/20), a restaurant in Cambridge, and even a photographer. So we're getting there.
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just an idea to throw out there re: photography -- let the pro take photos, but also sprinkly some single-use cameras around the reception area and let folks take candids, then turn them in and have them processed. You'll get some interesting and cool shots for sure.
    DT

"Sometimes, as good as it feels to speak out, silence is the only way to rise above the morass. The high road is generally a quiet route." -- echelon_john

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the congrats! I'm sure our paths have crossed in town at some point.
    We had 30 people in Acadia. Best thing about it, my other 2 children loved the "minimal" idea. Good for me in the future, I think.

About the date: My kid chose Friday the 13th...which ended up making my Who tickets at Fenway just paper...oh well.

All the best to your daughter's big day!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by David Tollefson View Post
    Just an idea to throw out there re: photography -- let the pro take photos, but also sprinkly some single-use cameras around the reception area and let folks take candids, then turn them in and have them processed. You'll get some interesting and cool shots for sure.
    I used to see that, both for weddings and b'nai mitzvah, back when film was still common. Just took a quick look at prices: 110 guests, and the least expensive packs I found on Amazon were $75 per ten. So that's $825... You've busted my budget!
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by davids View Post
    I used to see that, both for weddings and b'nai mitzvah, back when film was still common. Just took a quick look at prices: 110 guests, and the least expensive packs I found on Amazon were $75 per ten. So that's $825... You've busted my budget!
    We just did one per table. Let them pass them around.
    DT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by davids View Post
    I'm even a little jealous of your kid's minimalist wedding choices.
    One of my favorite moments with my father-in-law ...

We're spending the weekend with her parents during the engagement. My fiancee and future mother-in-law each pull out three-ring binders full of wedding prep.

He looks at me and says, "You know, you could elope"
    Dan Fuller, local bicycle enthusiast

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1999- wife to be an I are planning the wedding based on what “I” would spend if it was us paying - came out to $5,000 ( 100 people/barn/orchard, real simple)

Future in laws offer $25k and we can keep the remainder, never saw a dime after the mother-in-law got involved

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have made it official. I sent my boss an email last week giving him my 3 months notice. Copied the Pres. of the company to make it official. Boss replied " Respectfully declined". The Pres. sent me the nicest email that expressed his gratitude for all I have done for the company. He and my boss are the reason I have stayed this long.

Starting a count down....NOW!

Mike
    Mike Noble

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mnoble485 View Post
    I have made it official. I sent my boss an email last week giving him my 3 months notice. Copied the Pres. of the company to make it official. Boss replied " Respectfully declined". The Pres. sent me the nicest email that expressed his gratitude for all I have done for the company. He and my boss are the reason I have stayed this long.

Starting a count down....NOW!

Mike
    That's a great compliment to your work environment. I read someplace recently that people don't quit jobs, they quit bosses. I'm sure there's some solid truth in that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

got a new suspension fork for the MTB (going from 100 to 120 mm) and am unreasonably excited about it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ukrainian cronies got arrested and an appeals court said the Reps have a right to review tax returns...maybe justice will be served...
    Jason Babcock

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Had a great ride this morning. I finished chemo for leukemia a few weeks ago and today was the first time I was able to not feel exhausted after a ride. Weather finally cooled off and humidity dropped. Headed to talk to the doctor about bone marrow transplant. Wish me luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wishing you as much good luck as you can stand, bcroslin.