Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Two unrelated topics: Garden Mystery and WFH

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Two unrelated topics: Garden Mystery and WFH

First: WFH. It's growing on me. Like today, as soon as the meetings are over and if lightning isn't actually hitting the ground I'm going for a ride. On the clock at 0530, off at noon, back on at 1400 and off at 1830. They get their full day and I get what I want. I'm thinking this is really going to work in the winter when I can wait for it to get light and possibly above freezing. Way better than trainer time.

Second: In a year when every single flowering and fruiting tree has been absolutely gobbed with flowers to where you couldn't find a space to fit even one more on, and I mean every single variety there is, my honeysuckle vine that grew like gangbusters last year is looking to die. What the hell is up with that?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Two unrelated topics: Garden Mystery and WFH

Swan Song

On a related note... dunno why I did this (being an American), but I recently switched all my clocks to 24-hour time and all my switchable speedometers to metric. So far, the only downside has come when, on my bike, I look down, see a big number and momentarily forget it's KPH. "Holy s--t! I'm really... oh yeah. F--k."
    In Velo Veritas