User Tag List

Page 30 of 53 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: Porsche

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Porsche

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    Nice Chrisn. Great car. The events I am doing are mainly all Porsche which makes for excellent learning. Brakes pads will last a full AX season but you are right if I were doing DE mainly I would go thru pads like water. The 911 is a very durable race car you can drive alot!. I might keep this one.
    Porsche's are definitely one of the more durable road legal cars to use on track. If you've got something like a GT3 RS of course you're golden for the track... Those two Astons you see on the picture were toast after a handful of laps of a demanding track like Spa.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Aston's probably have the steering wheel on the wrong side; I have heard that is a known issue with that marque..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Z3c View Post
    Yo Sean! How about an update and some pics of the current John James happenings!!!
    Yeah Sean!!!!!
    Sorry gents, been crazy busy as of late. We've been working on a 964 RSR that is very similar to the green car we just did previously. The chassis is a '91 C2 cabriolet that we coupe'd. The car is completely painted and the front end has been put together. Just waiting on the motor (4.0L) and gearbox which are about 2 weeks out so that we can finish wiring/plumbing and wheels to finish up from the machine shop. Photos from a couple weeks ago:

For the past couple weeks I've been helping out a guy who is trying to do a backdate....Super nice (and needy) retired dentist who has time on his hands... I added 930 front flares, turn signal buckets, and a 69-73 front latch panel for his project. He's been doing everything ass backwards I'm trying to get him back on track without wasting any more money.

And finally......I starting working on my '66 basket-case. Taking the car apart. It currently sits on the rotisserie gutted so when I have a couple minutes here and there, I can start replacing all the sheet metal. Needs inner and outer rockers, floor pan, buddy seats, package tray, rear bulkhead, front suspension pan, etc.....basically everything. When all is said and done, she will be slammed on the ground and powered by an obnoxious T4.

Sean Hendrix
    Tempe, AZ

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The 66' bears some attention chum. That's going to be fun.

Well, I took a pal to see a 2001 Boxster S with, wait for it, 134,000 miles. It drives very nicely due to the owner who is also a spec. BMW racer (E3). He rebuilt the front end, new everything, IMS, clutch, flywheel, resistor packs, water pump and even studs in the wheels. No smoke, pulls hard in 5th. The fun in this is that the car + hardtop + spare wheels is < $10K so what you get is a GREAT Autocross car / fun commuter for not much $$ as long as you accept that if anything breaks and costs more than 1K the car is going to charity.

Porsches, gotta love em'

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Josh, I believe you might be thinking of Chris Runge of rungecars.com

Exceptional cars that are truly handcrafted with passion..
    Those are great. I think I've seen one in Hudson NY.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Le Mans 24h. Toyota failed again, Porsche nearly botched it too but managed to get that trophy home at the last minute. Another great edition.
    --
    T h o m a s

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep; 56th to 1st with 66 minutes left; felt bad for Toyota but that's racing. Earl Bamber's pass took some serious stones; going 4 wide at whatever insane speed to pass 3 cars at once.. I think I watched it 10+ times.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by seankanary View Post
    Sorry gents, been crazy busy as of late. We've been working on a 964 RSR that is very similar to the green car we just did previously. The chassis is a '91 C2 cabriolet that we coupe'd. The car is completely painted and the front end has been put together. Just waiting on the motor (4.0L) and gearbox which are about 2 weeks out so that we can finish wiring/plumbing and wheels to finish up from the machine shop. Photos from a couple weeks ago:

For the past couple weeks I've been helping out a guy who is trying to do a backdate....Super nice (and needy) retired dentist who has time on his hands... I added 930 front flares, turn signal buckets, and a 69-73 front latch panel for his project. He's been doing everything ass backwards I'm trying to get him back on track without wasting any more money.

And finally......I starting working on my '66 basket-case. Taking the car apart. It currently sits on the rotisserie gutted so when I have a couple minutes here and there, I can start replacing all the sheet metal. Needs inner and outer rockers, floor pan, buddy seats, package tray, rear bulkhead, front suspension pan, etc.....basically everything. When all is said and done, she will be slammed on the ground and powered by an obnoxious T4.

Duck tail going on the green car?? That it was a cab just is beyond what I can comprehend. Bravo to you guys!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spotted on the streets of Bethesda, MD today. Holy smokes.

p3 by Josh Simonds, on Flickr
    p2 by Josh Simonds, on Flickr
    p1 by Josh Simonds, on Flickr

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No duck, whale tail like the others. Couping a cab was surprisingly easier than I thought it would be. I made some fixtures so that the guess work will be eliminated the next time we do this. This may be our new thing seeing how cabs run around 10k less than coupes
    Sean Hendrix
    Tempe, AZ

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spotted on the streets of Bethesda, MD today. Holy smokes.

p3 by Josh Simonds, on Flickr
    p2 by Josh Simonds, on Flickr
    p1 by Josh Simonds, on Flickr
    LIKE !! A personal favorite of mine. Here's one I saw in Bormio.

PORSCHE 1.jpg
    PORSCHE 2.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This probably doesn't belong here because even its best days are clearly behind it but somebody is still using it to at least get to work. Seen on my ride today somewhere north of NYC...

IMG_1982 by Jon Mandel, on Flickr
    « If I knew what I was doing, I’d be doing it right now »

-Jon Mandel

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh it belongs here! That's awesome to see one doing DD duty..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh it belongs here! That's awesome to see one doing DD duty..
    If like that this will register >>> Selling my 914 after 40 years - $68k - Dorkiphus.net
    The car is local. It's alot to take in but if interested in these cars read the thread.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Placed an order for a Macan GTS this weekend. We're feeling a little guilty about spending an absurd amount of money on a car, but the Macan is insanely fun to drive. Much better than the Jaguar F-Pace or the Range Rover Evoque. The Macan is the pricier of the three but the driving experience is better. Nicer interior too. My only disappointment is the lack of a three pedal version. Delivery is scheduled for late April.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jonathan Lee
    My science page

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Picked it up last weekend. It’s no 911 but for something this big and tall, the Macan does a great impersonation of a performance sedan. Great grip, really good acceleration and decent steering. I can’t feel any body roll nor is there much turbo lag in the Sport modes. It is plenty soft and comfy in Comfort. The Macan is also the most solid car I have ever driven and it feels like its been milled from a solid chunk of titanium. Simply incredible! I was worried that the exterior colour (Carmine Red) might be too loud but it’s really pretty in person. Showy but not obnoxious. I do wish there was a MT option because rowing your own would really suit the Macan’s character. But everyone keeps telling me how good the PDK is so I’ll come to terms with paddle shifting at some point.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jonathan Lee
    My science page

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh my! Congrats Jonathan!!!
    Enjoy the miles (kilometers) to come.
    Rick

If the process is more important than the result, you play. If the result is more important than the process, you work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by summilux View Post
    Picked it up last weekend. It’s no 911 but for something this big and tall, the Macan does a great impersonation of a performance sedan. Great grip, really good acceleration and decent steering. I can’t feel any body roll nor is there much turbo lag in the Sport modes. It is plenty soft and comfy in Comfort. The Macan is also the most solid car I have ever driven and it feels like its been milled from a solid chunk of titanium. Simply incredible! I was worried that the exterior colour (Carmine Red) might be too loud but it’s really pretty in person. Showy but not obnoxious. I do wish there was a MT option because rowing your own would really suit the Macan’s character. But everyone keeps telling me how good the PDK is so I’ll come to terms with paddle shifting at some point.
    congratulations! unfortunately- if you're like me, you'll never get used to the PDK. You'll use the paddles once- realize they don't make much sense without a clutch pedal and the computer does everything better anyway- and you'll leave the thing in sport mode for as long as you own the car.

i love those new Macans. If I had stupid money I'd buy one and turn it into the stupidest trophy truck ever and try to come in second to last in whatever class it would run at Baja.
    bamboo, aluminum, wood.

My name is Craig Gaulzetti.

www.summercycles.com

www.gaulzetti.co

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jerk View Post
    congratulations! unfortunately- if you're like me, you'll never get used to the PDK. You'll use the paddles once- realize they don't make much sense without a clutch pedal and the computer does everything better anyway- and you'll leave the thing in sport mode for as long as you own the car.

i love those new Macans. If I had stupid money I'd buy one and turn it into the stupidest trophy truck ever and try to come in second to last in whatever class it would run at Baja.

I tried paddle shifting for a bit, but of course I can't unlearn modulating the throttle at upshifts. And the damn thing keeps downshifting and rev-matching when I'm slowing to a stop because my brain thinks I've put the clutch down and freed the shifter. Not cool in a residential neighbourhood!

I wouldn't a Macan off road without some mods. There isn't whole lot of clearance and the underbody looks vulnerable. The oil filter housing is under there with just a plastic cover protecting it and the pan.
    Jonathan Lee
    My science page