User Tag List

Page 22 of 53 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Porsche

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Porsche

I stayed at Porches once. No idea what you guys are talking about...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nahtnoj View Post
    Lionel, to Matt's point about Tesla, you could wait another generation (992?) and probably get an e-911.
    e-911... Hum. I don't think so. Sounds like disc brakes on road bikes to me.

After driving C2, C2S and C4S I may end up with a C2 or C2S.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure why you'd get a C4S as a California car? As a daily driver in the Northeast, sure. I've been casually shopping for an early 997 (would go C4 or 4S) but am more inclined towards an S2000 at this point.
    "As an homage to the EPOdays of yore- I'd find the world's last remaining pair of 40cm ergonomic drop bars.....i think everyone who ever liked those handlebars in that shape and in that width is either dead of a drug overdose, works in the Schaerbeek mattress factory now and weighs 300 pounds or is Dr. Davey Bruylandts...who for all I know is doing both of those things." - Jerk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

God, I am just waiting for someone to figure out a a way to web analyze driver's seat location and pontificate about it like zero set-back seatposts..

Only The Jerk could manage to find a way to say something is Pro in a Porsche thread.. RETFIRB; it's like REDRUM in a "here's Johnny" kind of way.. I vote we ban Pro; it surely deserves to be on the shelf with the white sunglasses..

The C4S is a hell of a car; drive one and then comment about it. When I see one, I see a Porsche owner who gave it some thought.

Hey Sean; how about more cool pics of your craftsmanship!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Retfirb, retfirb..

If you don't get this, you have not been here long enough..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nahtnoj View Post
    I'm not sure why you'd get a C4S as a California car? As a daily driver in the Northeast, sure. I've been casually shopping for an early 997 (would go C4 or 4S) but am more inclined towards an S2000 at this point.
    Kinda like saying you are considering an S4 but leaning towards a thrashed Civic.. Good luck finding an S2K that has not lost what little pride it had at this point. I drove one; you have to rev the crap out of it to realize any torque and no space for anything should you want to drive to somewhere for a purpose. But hey, if you are looking for that special 20 year old or want to impress your tattoo artist, you'll do just fine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Z3c View Post
    Kinda like saying you are considering an S4 but leaning towards a thrashed Civic.. Good luck finding an S2K that has not lost what little pride it had at this point. I drove one; you have to rev the crap out of it to realize any torque and no space for anything should you want to drive to somewhere for a purpose. But hey, if you are looking for that special 20 year old or want to impress your tattoo artist, you'll do just fine.
    I've got a plan. I'm comfortable with it. But thanks for your input.
    "As an homage to the EPOdays of yore- I'd find the world's last remaining pair of 40cm ergonomic drop bars.....i think everyone who ever liked those handlebars in that shape and in that width is either dead of a drug overdose, works in the Schaerbeek mattress factory now and weighs 300 pounds or is Dr. Davey Bruylandts...who for all I know is doing both of those things." - Jerk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do tattoo artists have to do with it? All my tattoo artist friends drive very sensible cars.

But I agree...let's get back on track with Sean showing off some badass Porsches.
    "I guess you're some weird relic of an obsolete age." - davids

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But I agree...let's get back on track with Sean showing off some badass Porsches.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this and I apologize for my generalizations and digressions.

I do however, take pride in the RETFIRB thing because I believe all RETFIRB lovers, be they Shimano, Campy, Sram, Mavic, Sachs and even FSA, need a beacon of hope for the future in these trying times of unchecked editorial aggression. It will not stand, man..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

God, I am just waiting for someone to figure out a a way to web analyze driver's seat location and pontificate about it like zero set-back seatposts..

Only The Jerk could manage to find a way to say something is Pro in a Porsche thread.. RETFIRB; it's like REDRUM in a "here's Johnny" kind of way.. I vote we ban Pro; it surely deserves to be on the shelf with the white sunglasses..

The C4S is a hell of a car; drive one and then comment about it. When I see one, I see a Porsche owner who gave it some thought.

Hey Sean; how about more cool pics of your craftsmanship!
    dood- every car i've ever owned has had stupid shit done to it to make it more like a race car. i drive a completely stripped dodge scat pack challenger with drag slicks and a rear seat delete and a bunch of dumb Petty Garage strut tower braces and sub frame stiffeners.....this thing is essentially a 2004 Mercedes with windows you can't see out of...but still pro kinda.
    bamboo, aluminum, wood.

My name is Craig Gaulzetti.

www.summercycles.com

www.gaulzetti.co

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and i would get a 911R if i could afford it- i see a c4s and i see someone who doesn't get it and should have bought life insurance and a nice audi instead.
    bamboo, aluminum, wood.

www.summercycles.com

www.gaulzetti.co

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jerk View Post
    and i would get a 911R if i could afford it- i see a c4s and i see someone who doesn't get it and should have bought life insurance and a nice audi instead.

--- 911r limited production sold out .... scarce as hen's teeth..
    we both would wiz down our legs for one of the best-of-the-best..

with a smile & respect..,
    ronnie

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Craig, have you driven a 991.2 C4S ? If not you should reserve judgement until you do. After driving back to back to back C2, C2S and C4S, while the 2WD cars have a slightly lighter steering and are stuck to the road the C4S is totally awesome. I also drove the 2016 C2S with the NA 3.8 engine and the new bi-turbo is totally superior for everyday use IMO.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dood- every car i've ever owned has had stupid shit done to it to make it more like a race car. i drive a completely stripped dodge scat pack challenger with drag slicks and a rear seat delete and a bunch of dumb Petty Garage strut tower braces and sub frame stiffeners.....this thing is essentially a 2004 Mercedes with windows you can't see out of...but still pro kinda.
    Hell yeah!! Rear seat delete probably makes it really easy to get your Roubaix inside..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow; I never thought I would see the day that Lionel and I would agree on something! Maybe I should check out Campy after all.

Keep us posted on your purchase.

The wife is starting to ponder selling her '05 TT cab, manual, bone stock, 2 owner. I would love to see it go to someone here..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lionel View Post
    Craig, have you driven a 991.2 C4S ? If not you should reserve judgement until you do. After driving back to back to back C2, C2S and C4S, while the 2WD cars have a slightly lighter steering and are stuck to the road the C4S is totally awesome. I also drove the 2016 C2S with the NA 3.8 engine and the new bi-turbo is totally superior for everyday use IMO.
    i have only driven the c2 and i thought it was wonderful but not quite "visceral" enough i guess? i like dumb cars and it wasn't dumb enough for me.

interesting on the steering feel. i'm not a fan of porsche's newest electronic steering even though its light years better than what bmws is doing. i drove an m4 last month and that thing was terrible.
    bamboo, aluminum, wood.

www.summercycles.com

www.gaulzetti.co

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hell yeah!! Rear seat delete probably makes it really easy to get your Roubaix inside..

ha ha ha!
    bamboo, aluminum, wood.

www.summercycles.com

www.gaulzetti.co

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have only driven the c2 and i thought it was wonderful but not quite "visceral" enough i guess? i like dumb cars and it wasn't dumb enough for me.

interesting on the steering feel. i'm not a fan of porsche's newest electronic steering even though its light years better than what bmws is doing. i drove an m4 last month and that thing was terrible.
    The 991.2 C2 is fantastic. On the "fun" factor it was way up there. The C2S felt "the same" to me even though it has 50 more hp. The low RPM high torque of the new twin turbo flat six is awesome. The C4S felt more "secure" and you can feel the front pulling but the direction is just a bit heavier. All of that was on a dry road in CA. I would lean toward the 4 only because if and when I ship this back to France I would use it in the mountains in the winter as well and in this case 4WD is a complete no brainer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More Porsche photos please. Less taxi cabs.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lionel View Post
    The 991.2 C2 is fantastic. On the "fun" factor it was way up there. The C2S felt "the same" to me even though it has 50 more hp. The low RPM high torque of the new twin turbo flat six is awesome. The C4S felt more "secure" and you can feel the front pulling but the direction is just a bit heavier. All of that was on a dry road in CA. I would lean toward the 4 only because if and when I ship this back to France I would use it in the mountains in the winter as well and in this case 4WD is a complete no brainer.
    Wait a minute. I thought you were going to store it in my garage.