Now that the weather is nicer, I'm logging more than just commuting miles and my metabolism is noticing. I feel like I'm constantly shoving food in my mouth, but I don't really scrutinize what/when/how I eat which is probably a big part of why I feel a constant hunger. Here is my common food routine
  • banana and maybe a yogurt in the morning, before riding 1.5 hours
  • maybe a granola bar during the ride
  • big bowl of cereal at work after the ride (either cheerios or special k)
  • snack on pretzels
  • peanut butter and jelly sandwich or a microwave burrito
  • more snacking on pretzels or goldfish
  • ride home, usually 1-1.5 hours
  • dinner (usually chicken or fish or pork and veggies like kale and broccoli and carrots or a pasta and sausage type dish or a quinoa and veggie medley)
  • post dinner snacking once the boys are asleep (depends on what's in the house, sometimes cookies, or sugar candies like twizzlers and sour patch kids, or tortilla chips, pretzels, etc)

What are other high mileage (200+ during the week) riders eating to keep themselves satisfied? I'm pretty content with my weight (6'1" 175) and it really never fluctuates more than 5 pounds, so I'm not concerned about too many calories. I'm more interested in eating things that will
  • properly fill me up
  • help me recover well between rides
  • keep me from snacking on pretzels, goldfish, and tortilla chips at 10 at night