4th generation framebuilder
    www.jaegher.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Jaegher Cycles

Tyler & Aimar, thank for your comments, we couldn't agree more ! There is already enough marketing BS to make people believe that they are better of with something super aero, mega stiff or crazy light.
    Jaegher Cycles - Belgium
    www.jaegher.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great work guys. Probably much more interesting than the race itself.
    --
    T h o m a s

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are cleaning out our (huge) tubular cellar! All kept in ideal conditions.
    Wolber Renforce
    Wolber Special Course
    Wolber Criterium
    Mail me steven@jaegher.com if interested.
    Jaegher Cycles - Belgium
    www.jaegher.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really clean aesthetics people ...

SOmeone has a ride review ? :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can find ample pics of my Jaegher rain bike in the weekly ride reports. I have a lugged Phantom model with steel fork. It is a rain bike, fully fendered with slightly longer chainstays than my Pegoretti on which the geometry is based. The fork is custom built to leave enough margin for fixed fenders and longer reach brakes.
    It is not as stiff as the Pegoretti but less flexible than my old Colnago Master. It is not as light as the Pegoretti either but that is no surprise (fenders, no nonsense wheels,...). It's a great all round bike for un-ideal conditions. Exactly what I had in mind when I ordered it. In fact, I don't care what the weather's like anymore : if it's wet or muddy, I take the Jaegher and I'm just as happy to be outside.
    Riding is comfortable, fast (but not explosive) and very stable.

I'm sure that with a different configuration (XCR tubing, carbon fork, lighter components / wheels) you would end with a snappy racer. Talk to Steven and Diel and I'm sure they will share their insights about what would work best for what you have in mind.
    . K R I S T O F . D H .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kupepe,
    We basically build in steel what the clients requirements are. Stiff, light, bigger tires, sprint bike, PBP bike, luggage, comfortable… All with no compromise in quality. Kristof (Pajotfix) wanted an all-weather bike with long distance comfort.
    We are currently even building a trial frame for a multiple world champion.
    Jaegher Cycles - Belgium
    www.jaegher.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To clarify the above : 2 of our recent builds... A little bit of old and new !

KB_8059.jpg

Merckx_8092.jpg
    Jaegher Cycles - Belgium
    www.jaegher.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From now on all our bikes ordered with Campagnolo will have 2015 parts on it :-)
    The first 3 are being build now with these sexy cranks on it : Super Record / Record / Chorus
    Which one do you prefer ?

Campa2015_8486.jpg
    Jaegher Cycles - Belgium
    www.jaegher.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are quite proud that Jaegher-rider, Kristof Allegaert is currently leading the Trancontinental Race (London => Istanbul) !!!
    You can follow him live on : The Transcontinental Race -
    Jaegher Cycles - Belgium
    www.jaegher.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaegher View Post
    We are quite proud that Jaegher-rider, Kristof Allegaert is currently leading the Trancontinental Race (London => Istanbul) !!!
    You can follow him live on : The Transcontinental Race -
    If he wins he will be a Jaegher-meister

sorry

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Steven, can you put up a picture of his bike? Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here you go Tim !
    He rides an Interceptor with Campanolo Record (compact), Neutron rear wheel, GP4000S 25mm tires, etc...

906328_819383588079541_513564055161594805_o.jpg
    Jaegher Cycles - Belgium
    www.jaegher.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

11083933_973633779321187_3054969430919612756_o.jpg

Tomorrow at 6 AM Kristof Allegaert will depart in Flanders on his Jaegher to arrive the day after on the summit of Mont Ventoux.

Thats 949km (with a climb above category at the end) in 36 hours.

Follow Kristof's epic ride on Airlight Steel Race Cycles — Jaegher
    Jaegher Cycles - Belgium
    www.jaegher.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

July 15th 06:00AM - Moscow City Centre :

Kristof Allegaert @AllegartK will start the longest bicycle stage race in the world : 9195 km divided in 15 stages between 300 and 1400km each. A total of 49300 height meters will be covered in tropical temperatures and extreme colds along the entire route of the legendary Trans-Siberian Railway.

No peleton, no 3-star chef, no fancy hotels. Just himself and his trusty, red Jaegher.

IMG_2047ret.jpg

IMG_1903ret.jpg
    Jaegher Cycles - Belgium
    www.jaegher.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are proud to say that Jaegher rider, Kristof Allegaert has just won the most extreme cycling race in the world; the Red Bull Transiberian Extreme. A total of 9195km devoted in 15 stages ranging from 330km to 1342km. A total of 49.300m of elevation needed to be climbed. Kristof won 7 of the 15 stages and 4 of them were finished in the same time. The total time in which he rode the 9195km is 318h57m30s !

CLs_zCeXAAAijbP.jpg-large.jpeg 11352168_847054505378628_1127899329_n.jpg 11779945_410702789140991_4241563826490708404_o.jpg 11807689_410713855806551_5876417962333241015_o.jpg
    Jaegher Cycles - Belgium
    www.jaegher.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So after placing in order at the first of June, going through what was a very nice, smooth and communicative process with Kurt at Jaegher, I received my frameset last week. On Wednesday, I opened the box and unwrapped a very carefully, beautifully protected frameset and threw it up into my stand to get the build going. The paint looked perfect, everything was straight and the measurements were correct.

Then, I ran into my first problem - the bottom bracket threads were not properly chased and my BB would not thread in. Okay, I know this happens and I have a local friend who can do it. I'm annoyed but ca va, not the end of the world. After this I step back and realize I need to do a more thorough inspection, not blinded by the sparkly glow that accompanies a new frame day. Welp, that's when the real problem appeared. There are no braze-ons for the rear brake line. No routing whatsoever. The tube is perfect and smooth, painted and straight, just... you know... missing parts. It also had extra parts! Despite specifying that I was building the frame for wireless (i.e. eTap), it contained braze-ons on the down-tube for derailleur routing, and a drilled BB shell with routing bits, plus a final braze-on on the chainstay for the rear derailleur. So they did a great job brazing on pieces that I didn't want (okay fine, I suppose I could use these if I decided to switch back to wired shifting, but an acceptable mistake is still a mistake), and then forgot the ones that I need to actually ride (okay, stop) the bike.

Obviously I immediately contact Kurt, who immediately asked for pictures. I sent him pictures within the minute, then waited more than three days for a response. In that time I specified to him that the situation made me supremely uncomfortable, because it indicates a serious lack of quality control. As I said to him, how am I supposed to put my faith (and life/safety) into a frame that clearly did not undergo serious quality control? If it had even the slightest bit of a check before going out it would have been obvious that it was literally missing a part, no? No frames ship out with either brake-line braze-ons or internal routing for the brake, so how did this one make it under the radar?

He ensured me eventually that this never happens, that I have a lifetime guarantee on the frame, that they will fix it (as long as I ship it to them). He openly dismissed any concerns about the rest of the quality, telling me "You have a lifetime guarantee on the frame. If we are not sure about this we would never give this."

So now I am at an impasse - obviously I will send the frame back (although certainly not on my dollar) and have it fixed, but I remain concerned - can anyone chime in? am I being overly cautious to now have skepticism about the rest of the frame? I do not work in a framebuilding shop, so I do not know how this works; maybe everything else was done by a proper expert and it got sent to the brake-stop station where someone less attentive/skilled passed it over? If this happened to you, would you be comfortable riding the frame after it was fixed?

Anyone else had any recent experiences with Jaegher that they would like to share? If I had read the above story prior to ordering, I doubt I would have dropped several thousand euros into their pockets.
    "Do you want ants? Because that's how you get ants."

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Octave, sorry to hear you're going through such a hassle. There's a thread here on VS by a member named Sascha who had QC problems with the lugged Jaegher frame he bought. They were pretty dismissive of his issues and not overtly helpful (to say the least), as far as I can tell. OTOH, I think I was one of the first here in the US to buy a recent Jaegher frame and it had all its bits and needed very little in the way of frame prep (though we chased and faced everything as a matter of routine anyway). It's a great riding bike and looks super, too. Frankly, I would ride any Jaegher if it is TIG welded but after reading Sacha's thread about his lugged frame I'd be extra careful--maybe to the point of not riding one. . . .

Sadly, these threads take on a life of their own on the internet and one or two people's bad experience can taint a builder's entire reputation, so I want to emphasize that I got a great bike for a great price, and my interactions with them were fine. If I were them, I'd turn myself inside out to make you satisfied and beg for you to document it here, but that's just imho.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast