Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2223242526272829303132

Thread: Espresso machines

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Espresso machines

That’s certainly a one of...world champion espresso machine running Campag. Nice work!
    rw saunders
    hey, how lucky can one man get.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Buttery…in Boston’s South End.
    rw saunders

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That looks like a Legend or Jubile, the anniversary special reproductions of the original E61. Prepared to be wrong, it's hard to tell from the back: although the Plexi looks like that on the reproductions not the originals this could have been renewed / replaced.

If you see it from the front it's immediately obvious which is which.
    Mark Kelly

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As crazy as a lot of are going to think this is, but my daughter bought a cheap Chefmans espresso maker from Walmart, and she bought a bag of Starbucks Espresso coffee, she and I both tried it, and the weird thing is, it tasted quite good?! It rivaled any espresso I got from Starbucks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by froze View Post
    As crazy as a lot of are going to think this is, but my daughter bought a cheap Chefmans espresso maker from Walmart, and she bought a bag of Starbucks Espresso coffee, she and I both tried it, and the weird thing is, it tasted quite good?! It rivaled any espresso I got from Starbucks.
    That shouldn't come as a surprise

Espresso from most Starbuck (the ones using Arduino Black Eagle being the exceptions) is just about below average and often too watery. They make it using an automatic machine, and the resulting espresso often doesn't even have crema.

So it's a low bar.

If she has a local roaster who will ground beans on-site, that'll improve the experience. Next step up would be an unpressurized portafilter (assuming one is available). Final step in the process is a grinder at home for this. The espresso that comes out will easily beat whatever Dunkin and most Starbucks will have.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by echappist View Post
    That shouldn't come as a surprise

Espresso from most Starbuck (the ones using Arduino Black Eagle being the exceptions) is just about below average and often too watery. They make it using an automatic machine, and the resulting espresso often doesn't even have crema.

So it's a low bar.

If she has a local roaster who will ground beans on-site, that'll improve the experience. Next step up would be an unpressurized portafilter (assuming one is available). Final step in the process is a grinder at home for this. The espresso that comes out will easily beat whatever Dunkin and most Starbucks will have.
    If Starbucks/DD is the coffee quality benchmark, then fresh ground coffee from a good roaster will be a definite a-ha moment. The equipment and process notwithstanding, Starbucks coffee’s signature taste (dark, even ashy depending on whom you ask) comes from the Robusta variety of coffee that is used for all of their cafés. If you seek out a high-altitude Arabica, prepare for a flavor epiphany. The doors were opened before me by a Guatemalan coffee from La Voz co-op—chocolate and citrus danced together in a cup that felt almost like velvet passing the lips. Once I stepped through the door I never turned back. Too much so on the nose?

I recommend the Lido E manual grinder if she is currently only buying pre-ground. Low cost, low volume for the early mornings, and it’s easy to store.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chris Coffee just emailed me that they have a shipment of La Spaziale machines in for Xmas. I didn’t know I needed one for the garage but…

https://www.chriscoffee.com/collecti...GovQ%3D.WCmrVP

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This poor soul was sitting unattended at my local recycled building supplies yard…
    rw saunders

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That’s a score
    My name is David Moeny

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I shouldn’t have left the readers stranded….they’re asking too much ($950) and there is no way to confirm that it actually works. If you’re interested in making them an offer, they sometimes will work with you. LMK
    rw saunders