We had a small dinner party 2 years ago (?) and made both salmon and chicken salads over sharp greens served with flat bread. That killed, I'm going to do that for the crowd. I posted my process here a while ago. If any of you cat1 cooks have suggestions let me know:

Avacado / Chicken - roast trimmed chicken thighs (they have more flavor) in a hot oven or close to the broiler. Don't season heavily, just the usual. Cool, cube and set aside. For the salad make a fairly fine cut of whatever solid tomatoes you can find. De-water the tomatoes on towels for about 1 hr. In a bowl add ripe avocados, mash roughly and add: lime, salt, cayenne, toasted / crushed cumin seeds, black pepper, chopped cilantro and mashed roasted garlic. Into the party add chicken and lightly toss to incorporate and cool for at least 2 hrs. Serve chilled on a bed of cress, idea being that guests can scoop under the cress and create their own nest of salad. You may choose to grind some fresh black pepper over the salad before serving...I did.

Avacado / Salmon - Same as above. To prepare the salmon you need to skin the filets and cube the fish into reasonable pieces for the salad. Work fast and use a very thin/sharp knife, helps to dip the knife in water. Suggest you chill the cubed fish before flash broiling it. Arrange the pieces so that NOTHING touches or you will have fish soup. Also, broil fast and hard!!! Don't be afraid to pull the fish out as soon as you see color or you might end up making cat food. When done gently slide the fish off the tray or stuff the batch directly into a freezer to stop cooking. Once cool, incorporate with the salad mixture.

Serve with warm pita or...I made pizza dough, rolled it super thin and cooked it a little crisp on the Big Green Egg plate setter with a smear of oilve oil and finely minced rosemary and salt.