User Tag List

Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast
Results 501 to 520 of 639

Thread: Boots

  1. #501
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    70
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Boots

    My boot collection continues to grow over time. My the main pieces of my collection are aldes

    Have a pair of 13 year old Indy's that may have to go back soon for a new sole.
    Have a pair of 9 year old cordovan chukkas
    Have a pair of 3 yr old cordovan wing tip boots

    Have a 25 year old pair of main hunting boots, that the copper eyelets have turned green on. They have been resoled once, the leather is still in great shape.

    Miss my made in UK 8 hole Doc Martens.

    My wish list includes another pair of Aldens, and maybe a MTO/bespoke pair from a local show maker. The price difference and availability between his work and Lobbs or EGs is not that much.

  2. #502
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Aix-en-Provence
    Posts
    11,176
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Boots

    Done ! Exquisite.


  3. #503
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,852
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Boots

    Quote Originally Posted by Lionel View Post
    Done ! Exquisite.
    you made that decision way too fast. you've changed, and i'm not sure how i feel about that.
    Last edited by dashDustin; 11-15-2019 at 01:38 PM.
    -Dustin

  4. #504
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Aix-en-Provence
    Posts
    11,176
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Boots

    Quote Originally Posted by dashDustin View Post
    you made that decision way too fast. you've changed, and i'm not sure how i feel about that.
    Actually that decision has been in the making for a while !

  5. #505
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    129
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Boots

    I just got these Sorel Madison boots

    sorel-mens-madson-chukka-wtpf.jpg

    Very comfortable. They claim to be waterproof but I'll put neatsfoot oil on them anyways. The interior is also leather.

  6. #506
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Palo Alto, CA
    Posts
    987
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Boots

    Quote Originally Posted by Lionel View Post
    Done ! Exquisite.

    Are those Edward Green boots?

    I have three pairs of their shoes and they last for years! I like their Antique Oak Calf Mercer and Dover the best.

  7. #507
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    29,826
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Boots

    My finger is hovering to scoop some Wolverine BLVD pull up boots. This ain't Craigslist however they are currently running a dealio. The BLVD collection is pretty darn perfect for knocking around.

    I scored a set of the 1000 miles Heritage pullup boots years ago and have never seen them for sale since. If I ever see them for sale again I'm banking a set for the zombie apocalypse.

  8. #508
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Aix-en-Provence
    Posts
    11,176
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Boots

    Quote Originally Posted by sevencyclist View Post
    Are those Edward Green boots?

    I have three pairs of their shoes and they last for years! I like their Antique Oak Calf Mercer and Dover the best.
    Yep EG Galway on 82 last. Awesome.

  9. #509
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Aix-en-Provence
    Posts
    11,176
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Boots

    I am in a boots phase. G&G this time


  10. #510
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Boots

    Quote Originally Posted by bbattle View Post
    I just got these Sorel Madison boots

    sorel-mens-madson-chukka-wtpf.jpg

    Very comfortable. They claim to be waterproof but I'll put neatsfoot oil on them anyways. The interior is also leather.
    bought some sorel's (Madison moc toe) and the left foot was incredibly comfortable but the right foot felt weird under the arch. I tried two different sizes and same problem with both pairs. I really wanted to like them. Do you notice anything like this from one foot to the other? Guessing no but thought I'd ask.

  11. #511
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,092
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Boots

    Any information/reviews about Thursday Boots (and shoes)?
    They have two NYC showrooms - SOHO and Flat Iron - if anyone wants to check them out in-person.

    I found this video review of their shoes.


  12. #512
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    345
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Boots

    FAF7CC95-4F39-4CAA-8988-5D7643026F2D.jpeg

    Picked these up last May for my birthday. Redwing 3345ís. The flagship store in RedWing has discounted and factory seconds in the basement. Feet feel great in these so far!

  13. #513
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,852
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Boots

    recently got myself some of these and i absolutely love them.

    Zind Teak

    helm-boots-zind-teak-14079095046206_1024x1024.progressive.jpg
    -Dustin

  14. #514
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    288
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Boots

    Quote Originally Posted by Lionel View Post
    I am in a boots phase. G&G this time

    very elegant, perhaps too elegant for me. But I expect you may be able to carry them off. For this who may come to London, the Piccadilly area (the Wolsey for brunch), arcades (EG is in the piccadilly arcade), Jermyn street (shirts, dressing gowns), Crocket & Jones are there as well as Trickers, St James's, Bond Street, New Bond Street (both have new and used high end watch shops) G&G is in Saville Row, loads of other things, everything a fairly well heeled man could possibly want in a very small area of town.

  15. #515
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Falls Church, VA
    Posts
    6,800
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Boots

    Just ordered a pair of Quoddy chukkas.
    Found these for a nice price, and figure if I like them then maybe I'll splurge for a custom pair some day down the road.

    Last edited by robin3mj; 02-28-2020 at 05:02 PM.
    my name is Matt

  16. #516
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Aix-en-Provence
    Posts
    11,176
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Boots

    Quote Originally Posted by slwrnu View Post
    very elegant, perhaps too elegant for me. But I expect you may be able to carry them off. For this who may come to London, the Piccadilly area (the Wolsey for brunch), arcades (EG is in the piccadilly arcade), Jermyn street (shirts, dressing gowns), Crocket & Jones are there as well as Trickers, St James's, Bond Street, New Bond Street (both have new and used high end watch shops) G&G is in Saville Row, loads of other things, everything a fairly well heeled man could possibly want in a very small area of town.
    G&G does good stuff

  17. #517
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    129
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Boots

    Quote Originally Posted by madsciencenow View Post
    bought some sorel's (Madison moc toe) and the left foot was incredibly comfortable but the right foot felt weird under the arch. I tried two different sizes and same problem with both pairs. I really wanted to like them. Do you notice anything like this from one foot to the other? Guessing no but thought I'd ask.
    I haven't had any problems with them so far. I have low arches so I have to swap insoles on my sneakers and running shoes but these boots don't have much arch in them at all so they are fine for my feet. Perhaps your right foot's arch is different from the left; it's pretty common for that to happen. My left foot is a half size bigger than my right.

  18. #518
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    129
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Boots

    Quote Originally Posted by dashDustin View Post
    recently got myself some of these and i absolutely love them.

    Zind Teak

    helm-boots-zind-teak-14079095046206_1024x1024.progressive.jpg
    Those look real sharp!

  19. #519
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Boots

    https://embed.widencdn.net/img/redwi...o&color=EDE8DD

    I ended up with these. Pretty happy with so far. A little more blue collar than is typically seen in my office but I don't mind.

  20. #520
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    129
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Boots

    Quote Originally Posted by madsciencenow View Post
    https://embed.widencdn.net/img/redwi...o&color=EDE8DD

    I ended up with these. Pretty happy with so far. A little more blue collar than is typically seen in my office but I don't mind.
    Let us know how those soles age. Sometimes the white ones turn brown or grey.

Similar Threads

  1. OT: Hiking Boots (all leather)
    By xjoex in forum The OT
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 07-04-2014, 05:26 PM
  2. Chukka Boots
    By davids in forum Reviews
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-23-2011, 05:38 PM
  3. Cowboy boots
    By redturbo in forum VSalon HandMade Gallery (non-cycling)
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-24-2011, 07:30 PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •