Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Boots

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Boots

Also White's boots. Custom, US made, intended for hard use. Hard use not being just walking around Nashville, but I still like 'em.

boot.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanrtaylor View Post
    Also White's boots. Custom, US made, intended for hard use. Hard use not being just walking around Nashville, but I still like 'em.
    That was a big one for me to miss. Lots of variety, but make sure you like how they welt some of them. The dual stitching lines on some aren't as attrative to me as yours above. Also Nick's for more booty boots.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My White's Farmer Ranchers...not much worse for wear after 4 seasons of doing what they were made for

And can not recommend Muck Boots highly enough. Completely waterproof, perfectly comfortable in temp ranges from 0-80*, feel like you are enveloping your foot in a cloud, cheap, can hose them off to no ill effect when dirty, etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

white's smokejumpers.
    most comfortable footwear i own.
    make sure you measure yourself right and you got yourself a lifetime boot.
    image.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMG_2904.jpgIMG_2906.jpg

Worth my time to glue down a cut like this? Anyone have any experience?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by deepsix View Post
    IMG_2904.jpgIMG_2906.jpg

Worth my time to glue down a cut like this? Anyone have any experience?
    If it's a surface cut, then my experience is No, don't glue it. Just glom the cut with garden-variety "mink oil" or better yet, Pecards dressing; Pecards Leather Dressing

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Beckman's have been almost completely absent from the rotation this winter.

Is it snowing? Then wear Bean Boots.
    Is it a slushy mess, post snow? Then wear Bean Boots.
    Is it a frozen tundra, with icy streets and sidewalks as far as the eye can see? Then wear Asolos.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

image.jpg

chippewa 20076 model. i got these to replace a pair of blundstone rancher boots. the soles of the blundstones were shot and they really couldn't be rebuilt cause of the cheapass welt. the chippewas are cheaper and have a resoleable goodyear sewn welt. steel-toed and very comfortable right out of the box.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My 8 year old blundstones have large chunks of sole falling off, so I think it's time for a replacement. I want to move to something a little bit classier, but it has to be full grain leather and rubber soles so I can wear them in the rain and not worry about it. I like low heel heights and minimalist styling in a mid height (4-6") boot. These will get worn to work most days with a pair of jeans and cross over into general town use. I am willing to pay a bit more for quality, but have a hard time swallowing $300+ for shoes. I have wide feet and narrow ankles, and would like to try on. What should I look at and where should I shop in Seattle?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sailor View Post
    My 8 year old blundstones have large chunks of sole falling off, so I think it's time for a replacement. I want to move to something a little bit classier, but it has to be full grain leather and rubber soles so I can wear them in the rain and not worry about it. I like low heel heights and minimalist styling in a mid height (4-6") boot. These will get worn to work most days with a pair of jeans and cross over into general town use. I am willing to pay a bit more for quality, but have a hard time swallowing $300+ for shoes. I have wide feet and narrow ankles, and would like to try on. What should I look at and where should I shop in Seattle?
    I think R.M.Williams are a logical progression from blunnies; dressier too. I can't help with where to find them in Seattle though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went to the redwings store and checked out the Beckmans. Sweet boots, but I could not part with $329 for what looked like dressy hiking boots.

-Joe

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sailor View Post
    There are always the Wolverine Montague boots if you want to stick with a pull on, gore sided leather boot. linky

I know you specified rubber sole specifically, but these have a rubber cap sewn over the leather sole so there's some additional wet ground protection. Plus they are Goodyear welted instead of vulcanized in place like the Blundstones (mine eventually disintegrated like yours) so they can be resoled when/if you ever wear the sole out.

Right at the edge of your posted comfort zone price though. Seems like there's classy and there's durable workhorse and when you want to combine them together you have to pay for it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xjoex View Post
    I went to the redwings store and checked out the Beckmans. Sweet boots, but I could not part with $329 for what looked like dressy hiking boots.

-Joe
    I ordered these at the local Red Wing Store in December. I haven't worn anything else since. I added green Superfeet and am not looking back. They are a joy to wear every day. I should throw away most of my other footwear and plan to break in another pair before I have to send these off for resoling in a year. That good.

Just cleaned and oiled them and love how they keep getting better and better.

boots.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I decided to move to a lace up boot, I shall see how much I miss the pull ons.
    I dug back though the thread and did some searching and ordered a pair of these: hhttp://www.amazon.com/dp/B0036VN93A/ref=pe_385040_30332200_pe_309540_26725410_item
    They are on sale for $115, made in the USA with what looks like a goodyear welt vibram rubber sole and come in an EE width. These are basically the same boots as the bean ones that Justin opened the thread with, but without a toe cap and cheaper. I should get them next week, so I'll see what I think then but based on the pictures my lady thinks they are an improvement in looks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The 875's are an amazing boot. The tops turn into butter once broken in and it becomes a case of you wearing a boot rather than you just wearing a boot.

Quote Originally Posted by deepsix View Post
    I ordered these at the local Red Wing Store in December. I haven't worn anything else since. I added green Superfeet and am not looking back. They are a joy to wear every day. I should throw away most of my other footwear and plan to break in another pair before I have to send these off for resoling in a year. That good.

Just cleaned and oiled them and love how they keep getting better and better.

boots.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Collective thoughts on Limmer Walkers?

-Joe

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Undoubtedly high-quality, rebuildable, and comfortable.

Look like orthopedic shoes for gnomes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sethco View Post
    I've got a year and many long days in a pair of 1000 Miles and they are nothing but awesome. Thanks for the reminder that I need to polish them up for a trip next week though.

Attachment 60879
    Those look like the shell cordovans from Wolverine? The top of the 1000-mile series of boots? They're about $750 or so now but made from genuine shell cordovan and yes, will last longer than your titanium frame.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

+1000 for the 1000 mile boots. I've got Stocktons and the laceup boot, both amazing.

Hey! Slightly OT. I've been on the hunt for years to find a clog in my size 15. Nothing, nada. If any of you Cat1 shopping divas know of anything please note it here.