My wife and I have started to eat more healthy. I would ove to hear about some other people's favorite healthy recipes.

My recipe for tonight's dinner was:
Red Lentil Soup with Kale
Perfumed by the scents of cumin, coriander, garlic, andturmeric, this red lentil soup is perfect when served alongside some na'an orother flatbread for dunking. Don't forget a little bit of lemon juice tobrighten up all the flavors.
Red Lentil Soup with Kale
makes a bunch -- enough for a couple of meals and leftovers

olive oil
2 medium onions, diced
2 medium carrots, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp salt
2 tsp chile powder
2 tsp coriander
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp turmeric
medium bunch of kale, chopped
2 1/2 cups red lentils, picked through, rinsed and drained
4 cups chicken broth
2 cups water

lemon wedges (optional)

Heat a whorl of olive oil in a medium stockpot over medium heat. When oil ishot, add onions. Saute until just becoming transluscent, about 4-5 minutes. Addcarrots and saute until carrots are beginning to soften. Add garlic, salt, andspices. Stir well and cook until spices begin to bloom. Add kale, lentils,broth, and water.

Bring soup to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Simmer 40-50 minutes, or untilthe lentils have softened and begun to break apart.

At this point, you can puree the soup if you desire. Use a hand blender, orpuree in batches in a blender. I like to use a hand blender to puree the soupjust a bit -- but not until the soup loses all of its texture.

Serve soup hot with a squeeze of lemon.