Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where I Can Get Bespoke Suits.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Where I Can Get Bespoke Suits.

Quote Originally Posted by zetroc View Post
    I'm wearing brown Alden wingtips, grey-green Carhartt trousers and a green Embro T-shirt to dinner. Is this OK, y/n?
    The Alden's and Carhartt's are perfect, the Embro T-shirt would be perfect too if you layered a houndstooth sports jacket on top of it, and wear the jacket to show the T-shirt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At the risk of sounding incredibly frugal, I had some bespoke suits made in India. They were actually pretty decent!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thickasthievesla.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default NYC Hipsters

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: NYC Hipsters

Come on, guys, no.

If you want bespoke suiting, it's Anderson & Sheppard and the like. The made in China stuff off a standard pattern is horrible.

For most men here, who should be pretty easy to fit, you can get good results with the MTM programs from Southwick (BB) and Samuelsohn. Because I prefer 3-roll-2 sack suits, most of my suiting is MTM by Martin Greenfield for J. Press. I take a 39R pattern and slim it down slightly and adjust for my high left shoulder. Pricepoint on this is about $1200 if you shop carefully. Find a quality men's store and go from there.

I find Samuelsohn MTM to be a great deal with great fabrics and good cuts; if you are NY-based, you will have to travel to Fairfield or some such. I think no one sells Samuelsohn labeled goods in NY, probably because of some sort of deal with Paul Stuart. Paul Stuart is all Samuelsohn-made, obviously.

English-American MTM is another option, though I have no personal experience.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nspace View Post
    At the risk of sounding incredibly frugal, I had some bespoke suits made in India. They were actually pretty decent!
    had an emergency funeral suit made in bangkok. i still wear it as needs be. sharp.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you ever find yourself in Hong Kong, I can highly recommend Moustache tailoring. The two guys who run it do all the fitting and then work with Hong Kong's historic tailors to finish it. Typically 5 to 6 fits so you need to either do a couple of trips there or have a nice long holiday and throw in a jaunt to Macau.

What I prefer about them to the usual Hong Kong tailors is that it is a good, lengthy interactive experience and they want to help you to get the fit you want. They also really care about the details so for the last suit I got made they spent weeks trying to find suitably interesting vintage silk liner fabrics. When it arrives in a couple of weeks I'll take a picture of the liner as it rocks.
    Tom Walshe

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TomW View Post
    If you ever find yourself in Hong Kong, I can highly recommend Moustache tailoring
    Thanks for that info. I've never heard of them before, but I've been underwhelmed, even felt ripped-off by a few other local HK tailors over the years, so I'll check them out. (I'm sure the super premium ones, e.g. Ascot Chang, etc., are great, I wouldn't know). Judging from their website, they at least have a different sensibility from the cookie-cutter tourist-suit mills.

There used to be an astonishingly rubbish one in the basement of Star House in Tsim Sha Tsui (next to McDonald's...) that was so crooked, every time a USN ship was in there would be sailors in there complaining; at least once, that I witnessed, nearly getting in a fist fight. The police were called.
    Last edited by EFHeath; 11-26-2012 at 08:47 AM. Reason: typo

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by christian View Post
    Come on, guys, no.

If you want bespoke suiting, it's Anderson & Sheppard and the like. The made in China stuff off a standard pattern is horrible.

For most men here, who should be pretty easy to fit, you can get good results with the MTM programs from Southwick (BB) and Samuelsohn. Because I prefer 3-roll-2 sack suits, most of my suiting is MTM by Martin Greenfield for J. Press. I take a 39R pattern and slim it down slightly and adjust for my high left shoulder. Pricepoint on this is about $1200 if you shop carefully. Find a quality men's store and go from there.

I find Samuelsohn MTM to be a great deal with great fabrics and good cuts; if you are NY-based, you will have to travel to Fairfield or some such. I think no one sells Samuelsohn labeled goods in NY, probably because of some sort of deal with Paul Stuart. Paul Stuart is all Samuelsohn-made, obviously.

English-American MTM is another option, though I have no personal experience.
    You can get under $1200 for the MTM Southwick if you can wait. Both J.Press (~15% off) and BB (~20% off this last time) run semi-annual sales on their MTM goods. You can stack an extra 15% off at BB if you are willing to open up a credit card with them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

C'mon!

GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Go to Himark Martin Tailors for the best bespoke tailoring.You can get bespoke suits at reasonable prices.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12