Thread: NFS Chainlube & Race Grease: The wait is over

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: NFS Chainlube & Race Grease: The wait is over

Quote Originally Posted by bigbill View Post
    Bicycling Magazine.... Will NFS help me lose weight and get in shape for my first century?
    ‘And do it in just FIVE days! Here’s how.’

But seriously, I’ve purchased a couple bottles and love the stuff. Great for all that ails you.
    Rick

If the process is more important than the result, you play. If the result is more important than the process, you work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When a simple activity like fertilizing your yard turns into a transmission overhaul, NFS is your friend.
    rw saunders
    hey, how lucky can one man get.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hahahahahhaha omg needed that.

I've seen it used to breath new life into old metal mills, restore frozen door hinges but never a garden spreader.

We genuflect in your general direction.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The rest of the bike might need a little cleaning, but not the drivetrain...
    rw saunders

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: New O.T. Use for NFS!

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    NFS and NFS+ both will not separate and have a shelf life of at least two years. Even after two years it will be very good.

Sigh, I really do have a terrible business model ;)
    Hi there I'm new & about to try NFS for the 1st time. I'm just wondering if you may have more insights regarding shelf life now that it's been another 3 years since this reply. :)

If I order a pack of 4 and don't want to share with my club buddies, I imagine 4 bottles would last me 10 years or longer. Is that a bad idea even if I store it indoors?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sulfur View Post
    Hi there I'm new & about to try NFS for the 1st time. I'm just wondering if you may have more insights regarding shelf life now that it's been another 3 years since this reply. :)

If I order a pack of 4 and don't want to share with my club buddies, I imagine 4 bottles would last me 10 years or longer. Is that a bad idea even if I store it indoors?

Thanks!
    I'll share the 2010 and most recent vintages with (close) friends, but I keep the Special Reserve green bottle Ne Plus Ultra for myself for special occasions only. Those were good years...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks!
    Shelf life is very good as in years and years do not let that be a worry. When projecting shelf life I base my estimate on drum amounts thus the "real" concern is separation of components not degradation. The mixture, taken as a whole, is very stable. I've never seen even old bottles show any separation so yeah your concern is not real ;)

Your REAL worry should be if I decide to improve the product and you are "stuck" with just plain old 2020 NFS. That would suk ;)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shelf life is very good as in years and years do not let that be a worry. When projecting shelf life I base my estimate on drum amounts thus the "real" concern is separation of components not degradation. The mixture, taken as a whole, is very stable. I've never seen even old bottles show any separation so yeah your concern is not real ;)

Your REAL worry should be if I decide to improve the product and you are "stuck" with just plain old 2020 NFS. That would suk ;)
    I have one of the OG bottles still and there's no separation at all and it still tastes just as good as it did when I first got it. No clue when you launched the OG formula, but it preserves well.
    "I guess you're some weird relic of an obsolete age." - davids

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Strongin View Post
    I have one of the OG bottles still and there's no separation at all and it still tastes just as good as it did when I first got it. No clue when you launched the OG formula, but it preserves well.
    Ate years ago.

*Seriously, do not eat NFS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ZenNMotion View Post
    I'll share the 2010 and most recent vintages with (close) friends, but I keep the Special Reserve green bottle Ne Plus Ultra for myself for special occasions only. Those were good years...
    Thanks I'll make sure I store the extras next to my Napa collection in the basement!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Josh, I have just bought all 4 remaining bottles at a dealer up north. Was considering 2 but since shipping costs more than a bottle, I grabbed them all. :)

I'm sure once the lockdown is over & we start doing club rides again, I'll be giving a bottle or two away for buddies who want to try NFS. So the 10 year worst case scenario likely won't happen. But it's great to know how stable this thing is!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Josh, I have just bought all 4 remaining bottles at a dealer up north. Was considering 2 but since shipping costs more than a bottle, I grabbed them all. :)

I'm sure once the lockdown is over & we start doing club rides again, I'll be giving a bottle or two away for buddies who want to try NFS. So the 10 year worst case scenario likely won't happen. But it's great to know how stable this thing is!
    Wait what??? Shipping to Canada is $10 for one bottle, two bottles = free shipping. Hmmmm

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ate years ago.

*Seriously, do not eat NFS.
    Yes, to be clear, I was totally joking. Do not eat NFS. Especially not the OG formula or any of the other formulas. It is good on chains, though. Very good.
    "I guess you're some weird relic of an obsolete age." - davids

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wait what??? Shipping to Canada is $10 for one bottle, two bottles = free shipping. Hmmmm
    Strange. I added 4 to the cart on your website & entered a Canadian address, it showed the $10 volume discount but added $10 shipping for a total of US$60. I paid just a tad bit more for my purchase of 4 with Canada Post expedited shipping, and thought it was a good way for supporting a small not-so-local-bike-shop & also for avoiding any possible hassles/delays at customs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You shipped some of this stuff to Canada? You realize that when they finally invade South of the border on their roller hockey* skates to liberate Michigan and Wisconsin this will lubricate their entire rolling stock? Is the Pentagon aware of this treachery?

* Global warming. The Ottawa River hasn't frozen over in years...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NFS to the rescue this weekend, after getting caught riding in some pretty wet muck.

here is my best shot at an @rwsaunders style caputure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@AngryScientist We like that Swiss Cross bike too.
    Last edited by Too Tall; 06-01-2020 at 11:35 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Race grease and lube came in handy to silence a noisy treadmill incline motor. Useful stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by defspace View Post
    Race grease and lube came in handy to silence a noisy treadmill incline motor. Useful stuff.
    So awesome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pardon the grime as my Poprad is proud to wear the rainbow stripes of stupendously superior slickness.
    rw saunders