Strong like - the new graphic

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: NFS Chainlube & Race Grease: The wait is over

Confession time.

My 2002 S4 had been mostly sitting since last Jan.

I was not going to give my better half a chance to say "that car has been sitting for an entire year" so in December I decided to get serious about selling it...

I had been driving or at least starting the S4 once a week, but things got a little hectic in November and early December, and sure enough - the S4 would not start. To make matters worse, the hood latch would not release.

Any B5S4 owner knows how to deal with this - you either lift the front and attack from below with a long pry bar, or you pop off the trim around the grill and attack from the front.

I had a third, commando approach in mind - I saturated the latch with WD40 via a long applicator. Let sit 5 mins. Pop - hood's open, car starts first try.

One more thing: A few drops of NFS - to avoid repeating this unfortunate scenario.

The S4 was delivered to a happy new owner on December 27.

I'll miss that car!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's like a NFS IV!!!!! Cool car.

*Note you might only have 7500 riding miles or 20,000 hood latches of NFS left .
    Last edited by Too Tall; 02-26-2019 at 12:07 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey there TooTall. New market for NFS - pocket knife pivots. I haven't used any 'pocket knife specific' lubes, 'cause they're expensive and I've already got plenty of greases and oils laying around. I recently tried using Shimano's cable grease...the knife was SUPER smooth, for a few hours. Then it was rough as hell and wouldn't even flick open, much less drop shut. Cleaned it out and put some NFS on the washers (dipped a toothpick in the bottle, and put just a few tiny drops on each side of the washers) and now it's smoooooooother than it's ever been, way better than when it was new even. I'll have to try it on a knife with bearings at the pivot too.

I mean, some folks complain about NFS being expensive...compared to some popular knife pivot lubes it's a bargain. And a single bottle would last, literally, forever.

NFS - $7.50/oz
    Nano Oil - $8.5/oz
    Knife Pivot Lube - $21.87/oz

Send a bottle to Nick, and get ready to sell a lot of bottles. Nick Shabazz
    - YouTube
    Last edited by dgaddis; 04-05-2019 at 09:09 AM.
    Dustin Gaddis
    www.MiddleGaEpic.com
    Why do people feel the need to list all of their bikes in their signature?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dgaddis View Post
    Hey there TooTall. New market for NFS - pocket knife pivots. I haven't used any 'pocket knife specific' lubes, 'cause they're expensive and I've already got plenty of greases and oils laying around. I recently tried using Shimano's cable grease...the knife was SUPER smooth, for a few hours. Then it was rough as hell and wouldn't even flick open, much less drop shut. Cleaned it out and put some NFS on the washers (dipped a toothpick in the bottle, and put just a few tiny drops on each side of the washers) and now it's smoooooooother than it's ever been, way better than when it was new even. I'll have to try it on a knife with bearings at the pivot too.

I mean, some folks complain about NFS being expensive...compared to some popular knife pivot lubes it's a bargain. And a single bottle would last, literally, forever.

NFS - $7.50/oz
    Nano Oil - $8.5/oz
    Knife Pivot Lube - $21.87/oz

Send a bottle to Nick, and get ready to sell a lot of bottles. Nick Shabazz
    - YouTube
    I should make a list of all the applications people are using.

HA! Great idea. It's pretty darn good for pew pews as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I suppose it had to happen at some point, but it's only been three and a half years....

My bottle of NFS ran dry!

Luckily I have a second on the shelf that's been eagerly awaiting its call up to the big leagues. Welcome to The Show, NFS Bottle #2 .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bdaghisallo View Post
    Well I suppose it had to happen at some point, but it's only been three and a half years....

My bottle of NFS ran dry!

Luckily I have a second on the shelf that's been eagerly awaiting its call up to the big leagues. Welcome to The Show, NFS Bottle #2 .
    Sorry about that. The new labels have a "Full" and "Empty" marking so this never happens to anyone every again ;)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My bottle is also running out but everyone in Oz has been OOS for weeks now. Toots is there something going on regarding distribution here?
    Mark Kelly

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Kelly View Post
    My bottle is also running out but everyone in Oz has been OOS for weeks now. Toots is there something going on regarding distribution here?
    I'm not supplying the wholesale chain directly anymore however shops are finding me and I am selling to them. I'll overshare here because y'all know me well. I've been in this business for eight years'ish. The things which I cherish most from the biz. are personal accounts and knowing that (almost) all sales are done at arms length. Also, every drop of NFS is hand poured, labled and shipped from Casa TT. Selling wholesale has two important pitfalls. First, I am detached from customers and second the volume of business has a tendency to spiral out of control. Having time to work on new products, ride my bike, mess with the dog and feed Mrs. TT are bloody d@mn important too right?

There is a saying "enough is more than enough".

There was a event which sparked this. (First time mentioning this anywhere) Recently a key component of NFS became unavailable. This caused me to re re-calibrate my business. After alot of testing , we are talking yrs. not days, I'll release a new NFS but the process is taking a very long time. I'm quite confident the New NFS will surpass the orig. In the meantime I have a cache of NFS that will sustain my development process but it will not support Wholesale. Can you dig that?

See? Oversharing ;)

Seriously Mark, contact me offline I'll set you up.
    Last edited by Too Tall; 04-07-2019 at 06:33 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    Recently a key component of NFS became unavailable.
    Sorry to hear that.

I HATE when that happens. And, when it does, it usually happens without any warning, which is even worse.

I hope you get the new formula sorted soon!
    Chikashi Miyamoto

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the refs to "cool car" and quick fixes to open a bonnet (what you guys call a hood) reminded me. I was seconded to work in Sydney and co-owned a V12 etype convertible. The bonnet got stuck. I took it to an independent vintage place in the Sydney suburbs to sort it out. The bloke squirted something on it and it was done in seconds. A white vintage RR came in with 4 young men. They got out and came over to the etype. One chap tapped the bonnet and said "cool car". They were INXS and he was Michael Hutchence.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Way too much. But that's okay.

Dustin Gaddis
    www.MiddleGaEpic.com
    Why do people feel the need to list all of their bikes in their signature?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dgaddis View Post
    Way too much. But that's okay.

Way, WAY too much. At that rate, you may actually run out at some time during the next century.
    Tom Kellogg
    Rides bikes, used to make 'em too.
    Spectrum-Cycles.com
    Butted Ti Road, Reynolds UL, Di2, QuarQ, Conour lite, SP Zero
    Steel Cross, X-7, Crank Bros, Concour Lite, Nemesis, Grifo
    Steel Piste, D-A Piste, PD-7400, Concour lite, Zipp 404
    http://kapelmuurindependent.be

Shortest TFC Member (5'6 3/4") & shrinking

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tom kellogg View Post
    way, way too much. At that rate, you may actually run out at some time during the next century.
    lol!
    Chikashi Miyamoto

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NFS is way bueno. The bottles.... could improve. Seems they do the same thing as the “other” lube (the green French sounding stuff that was my previous go to). I think that when you squeeze it through the dropper, some stays on the outside and eventually slides down the outside of the container and makes a ring on my shelf.

I improved it. TT... again, just a suggestion. This works well for me. 4 oz glass dropper bottle, $1 each on the river Amazon when you buy 12 at a time. The boss buys them for her miscellaneous crafty stuff, that’s where the idea came from. This eliminates the stuff getting outside the bottle problem, and also gives you a nice glass dropper to precisely dispense from.

Happy lubing

Attachment 111775

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    NFS is way bueno. The bottles.... could improve. Seems they do the same thing as the “other” lube (the green French sounding stuff that was my previous go to). I think that when you squeeze it through the dropper, some stays on the outside and eventually slides down the outside of the container and makes a ring on my shelf.

I improved it. TT... again, just a suggestion. This works well for me. 4 oz glass dropper bottle, $1 each on the river Amazon when you buy 12 at a time. The boss buys them for her miscellaneous crafty stuff, that’s where the idea came from. This eliminates the stuff getting outside the bottle problem, and also gives you a nice glass dropper to precisely dispense from.

Happy lubing

Attachment 111775
    That's Baller. Send me the link, I like it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's Baller. Send me the link, I like it.
    So baller, it hurts. The one pictured is in the link below, but there are lots of other colors and sizes. Enjoy...

(Pack of 12) 4 oz. Clear Boston Round with Black Glass Dropper https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072FBHFS8..._SGBXCb2FP4NDJ

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    So baller, it hurts. The one pictured is in the link below, but there are lots of other colors and sizes. Enjoy...

(Pack of 12) 4 oz. Clear Boston Round with Black Glass Dropper https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072FBHFS8..._SGBXCb2FP4NDJ
    I'll give you all the credit. If the rubber portion is safe for contact, it should be, that's a "GO". What I like about that particular dropper is it dispenses the correct amount per/drop that I like vs "needle" applicators which only dispense about 1/10th as much per drop.

Hmmmm

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll give you all the credit. If the rubber portion is safe for contact, it should be, that's a "GO". What I like about that particular dropper is it dispenses the correct amount per/drop that I like vs "needle" applicators which only dispense about 1/10th as much per drop.

Hmmmm
    My only dislike about the system is that the oil clings to the outside of the dropper when you remove the dropper from the bottle. So I have to give it a few seconds to drip off all the excess from outside, or carefully drag the dropper on the bottle lip when it is removed. Less of a deal if I had less in the bottle (I am probably going to split my stash into two bottles to alleviate this).

No credit required.

It does have a certain... apothecary?... feel to it...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mrs. RW now has the quietest and fastest wheelbarrow in the neighborhood.
    rw saunders
    hey, how lucky can one man get.