User Tag List

Page 53 of 68 FirstFirst ... 434445464748495051525354555657585960616263 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1345

Thread: NFS Chainlube & Race Grease: The wait is over

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: New O.T. Use for NFS!

While Tommy is fine tuning my new wheel....

Washington State heads up. The awesome "Back Alley Repair" in Seattle www.backalleybikerepair.com just because a dealer for NFS.

You can find other dealers here: NixFrixShun Retail Stores

Normal distribution for NFS via a huuuuge distributor (not Silca) has ceased to carry NFS. <<< Not fake news. For reasons unknown this is what is happening.

Moving on, if you want NFS local than send your potential stockists to me direct: info@nixfrixshun.com Shipping is free.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bdaghisallo View Post
    Josh,

Ihave a new set of White T11 hubbed wheels awiating me at home when I get back from NY. I have another set of T11's that I stripped out the stock white grease from and re-lubed with NFS chain lube. On this new pair I am going to use the NFS grease and compare. I am anticipating the same great performance with a little less pawl noise. I will report my findings in due course.

Geoff
    Well, the results are in. I am running one T11 hub with NFS lube and one with NFS Race Grease and the results are good, but not what I expected. The Race Grease performs just as well as the NFS lube, but it doesn't run as quietly as I expected it would. I would actually say that the difference in sound is so minute that I cannot detect it with my ears. No matter, NFS is the shit and either the lube or the grease will do the trick for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well done Geoff. Both work, what can I say?

I just serviced our tandem C.K. hub with NFS chainlube only and it's like music to my ears.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Philly Bike Expo is coming!!! Dealers, Reps. and Shop Owners take note >> Pre-Show hours are for you my friends. Take this opportunity to close deals with @NixFrixShun and others at the show. Shaking hands and meeting folks is a essential portion of my business. Register here: https://www.phillybikeexpo.com/dealer-registration/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’ve now had NFS’ Ne Plus Ultra biodegradeable lube for 3 months. It is the dope. It makes me feel like I’ve taken a course of testosterone, EPO, and growth hormone, plus a few blood transfusions.

Ok, more seriously, despite occasional wet rides, I have not had to re-apply the lube at all. And it’s very clean. Consider me sold. I can’t compare to the original, as I hadn’t tried it. I’ve put it on 3 bikes ... that’s 36 drops. That bottle is going to last me a long time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by weiwentg View Post
    I’ve now had NFS’ Ne Plus Ultra biodegradeable lube for 3 months. It is the dope. It makes me feel like I’ve taken a course of testosterone, EPO, and growth hormone, plus a few blood transfusions.

Ok, more seriously, despite occasional wet rides, I have not had to re-apply the lube at all. And it’s very clean. Consider me sold. I can’t compare to the original, as I hadn’t tried it. I’ve put it on 3 bikes ... that’s 36 drops. That bottle is going to last me a long time.
    That stuff is like a cult within a cult. Quite honestly I will probably stop producing it. Sales are very slow and it is crazy expensive to make. I make it because it needed to be made so it's not a way for me to get rich quick ;)

Brompton folks dig it for reasons you stated. The lube is non-staining, no odor and non-toxic so if you do live in close proximity to your ride maybe you also want to not have petroleum products in the same room? NFS (regular) has a slight smell that some folks like or do not mind. There is a segment of our population who have really sensitive olifactory abilities and for them it's NFS+ all day long.

No worries, before and if I quit make it I'll email everyone who has ever purchased and work out a lifetime supply.

Thanks for the plug.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes please but you already knew that.

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    That stuff is like a cult within a cult. Quite honestly I will probably stop producing it. Sales are very slow and it is crazy expensive to make. I make it because it needed to be made so it's not a way for me to get rich quick ;)

Brompton folks dig it for reasons you stated. The lube is non-staining, no odor and non-toxic so if you do live in close proximity to your ride maybe you also want to not have petroleum products in the same room? NFS (regular) has a slight smell that some folks like or do not mind. There is a segment of our population who have really sensitive olifactory abilities and for them it's NFS+ all day long.

No worries, before and if I quit make it I'll email everyone who has ever purchased and work out a lifetime supply.

Thanks for the plug.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NFS (regular) has a slight smell that some folks like or do not mind. There is a segment of our population who have really sensitive olifactory abilities and for them it's NFS+ all day long.
    TT, you won't believe this, but we were reminiscing on our Reno2Cino ride that we really missed the strong "burned tire" aroma of the original original NFS. I still have a small stash. You should also re-issue this version now and then for the hardcore. Not kidding.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Washington State heads up. The awesome "Back Alley Repair" in Seattle Back Alley Bike Repair | RIDE UP YOUR ALLEY just because a dealer for NFS.
    Stop producing it? Daaaaayyyummm, Josh, you're sounding like a Columbian drug lord ... let's get 'em hooked on it and then withdraw it? But offer it to existing customers on a ... ahem ... special pricing structure?

Josh is getting pretty weird. Lubricant. "Back Alley Repair"? (No offense to BAR, a great shop, but something you don't say in the same post with lube.) And now discontinuing it?

Seriously, this is great stuff. Its only fault is that it lasts so long and uses such a small amount to relubricate a chain. If Gillette had to deal with economics like these, they'd have been selling matches on a street corner in the Back Bay by now. I will happily be a reference for anyone who wants to PM me. It also works great on Chris King free hubs, as mentioned above. And I love it on the track.

Now who or what can we take hostage that will ensure an ongoing supply?
    Lane DeCamp

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dogrange View Post
    TT, you won't believe this, but we were reminiscing on our Reno2Cino ride that we really missed the strong "burned tire" aroma of the original original NFS. I still have a small stash. You should also re-issue this version now and then for the hardcore. Not kidding.

Just saw this. Oh yeah. The only thing we haven't had is seasonal fragrances for our chain lube. A nice pecan-smoked brisket flavor in the summer, burned leaves in the fall, hot apple cider in the winter, a one month pumpkin spice special flavor? Make this work, then add seasonal fragrances in chamois lube, and you'll be acquired within the year by Rapha.
    Lane DeCamp

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 11.4 View Post
    ...a one month pumpkin spice special flavor...
    You should be flogged for that one.
    DT

http://www.mjolnircycles.com/

Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

"the fun outweighs the suck, and the suck hasn't killed me yet." -- chasea

"Sometimes, as good as it feels to speak out, silence is the only way to rise above the morass. The high road is generally a quiet route." -- echelon_john

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yah but I could get into Bacon scented NFS just sayin'.

Dewd, the orig. NFS formula was so strong smelling that I was fielding complaints far too often. Yah know I hate whiners but bidness is bidness ;)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

How could I have forgotten about bacon?
    Lane DeCamp

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yah but I could get into Bacon scented NFS just sayin'.
    You would need to include warnings on the label to NOT ingest NFS, as it contains no real bacon... Unless it actually does.
    DT

http://www.mjolnircycles.com/

Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

"the fun outweighs the suck, and the suck hasn't killed me yet." -- chasea

"Sometimes, as good as it feels to speak out, silence is the only way to rise above the morass. The high road is generally a quiet route." -- echelon_john

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by David Tollefson View Post
    You would need to include warnings on the label to NOT ingest NFS, as it contains no real bacon... Unless it actually does.

That's NFS+. The F in that one stands for free-range.
    Lane DeCamp

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 11.4 View Post
    That's NFS+. The F in that one stands for free-range.
    Mmmmm bacon

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

chocolate covered bacon is the way to go.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NYCfixie View Post
    chocolate covered bacon is the way to go.
    You're getting a little too close to chamois balm with that one.

Can you imagine the wheel sucking that would go on if you had bacon scented chain lube on a Sunday morning ride? Come to think of it, can you imagine the dogs chasing you?
    Lane DeCamp

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My NFS order shipped yesterday so I am patiently awaiting its arrival here in DE.

I'm getting pretty sick of the Muc-Off dry lube I'm using that lasts about 50km before it starts to wear off - far fewer kms if it is even slightly damp outside.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianWong View Post
    My NFS order shipped yesterday so I am patiently awaiting its arrival here in DE.

I'm getting pretty sick of the Muc-Off dry lube I'm using that lasts about 50km before it starts to wear off - far fewer kms if it is even slightly damp outside.
    Thanks C.W. Just don't use too much and bears repeating to wipe the chain aggressively with a pure cotton cloth after each ride. Focus on the sideplates.