User Tag List

Page 51 of 68 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1345

Thread: NFS Chainlube & Race Grease: The wait is over

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: NFS Chainlube & Race Grease: The wait is over

Hey Dave :) Love it love it love it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking forward to some quality saddle time this weekend and the prep is almost as fun as the ride.
    rw saunders
    hey, how lucky can one man get.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow. You are good. I'm loving every detail.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rwsaunders View Post

Looking forward to some quality saddle time this weekend and the prep is almost as fun as the ride.
    I agree, waking a bike up from its winter sleep and getting it ready to do its business is a kind of Zen.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mrs. RW's townie is treated with some Too Tall Texas Tea.
    rw saunders
    hey, how lucky can one man get.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh wow another great shot. I might have appropriate that with your permission

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default New O.T. Use for NFS!

Just implemented a new use for NFS; lightbulb thread greasing. Here in coastal Baja it's getting warmer by the day and soon summer will be here. So will the rainy and hurricane seasons. Anything outside will bear the brunt of the humid salty air that will be here for months. In a stroke of brilliance, while prepping our house here for the six months we'll be back in the states, after breaking many bulbs when trying to remove them, I now apply a very thin coating of NFS to the threads on the bulbs base then screw then into the fixture. A dime'l get you donuts that I'll have no problems unscrewing the bulbs when I return in six months.

Full after-action report in November. 👌

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: New O.T. Use for NFS!

!!!!!!!
    PS !!!!!!

Hey Dave, you are awesome but let me send you a sample of the NFS+ NePlusUltra. That has similar thermal breakdown properties and is 100% biodegradable thus I have less issues with use inside the house + some moderate heat.

Don't mind me, I'm a worry-wart.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Thompson View Post
    Just implemented a new use for NFS; lightbulb thread greasing. Here in coastal Baja it's getting warmer by the day and soon summer will be here. So will the rainy and hurricane seasons. Anything outside will bear the brunt of the humid salty air that will be here for months. In a stroke of brilliance, while prepping our house here for the six months we'll be back in the states, after breaking many bulbs when trying to remove them, I now apply a very thin coating of NFS to the threads on the bulbs base then screw then into the fixture. A dime'l get you donuts that I'll have no problems unscrewing the bulbs when I return in six months.

Full after-action report in November. ��

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    !!!!!!!
    PS !!!!!!

Hey Dave, you are awesome but let me send you a sample of the NFS+ NePlusUltra. That has similar thermal breakdown properties and is 100% biodegradable thus I have less issues with use inside the house + some moderate heat.

Don't mind me, I'm a worry-wart.
    Thanks Josh but to quote Robert Duval: "I love the smell of NFS in the morning."

I will take you up on your generous offer when I get I'm in the states next month and bring it back down in November.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Josh,

When I got my first order of NFS from you, I bought way more than it turns out I needed in the short term - I got two bottles. Now that I am about to dip into that second bottle I was wondering if NFS has any kind of shelf life limitations? Do I just need to give it a shake and go? Is there any breakdown that will occur as it sits on the shelf?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NFS and NFS+ both will not separate and have a shelf life of at least two years. Even after two years it will be very good.

Sigh, I really do have a terrible business model ;)

Quote Originally Posted by bdaghisallo View Post
    Josh,

When I got my first order of NFS from you, I bought way more than it turns out I needed in the short term - I got two bottles. Now that I am about to dip into that second bottle I was wondering if NFS has any kind of shelf life limitations? Do I just need to give it a shake and go? Is there any breakdown that will occur as it sits on the shelf?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've started using mine to quiet down the neighborhood swings just so I can work my way through that first bottle.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Matt, you got me thinking. Maybe I will start adding a empty sample bottle option on check out. I carry one because I cant stand hearing others dry chains.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Josh,

What are you recommending for DT 240 ratchets these days - NFS lube or the Race Grease, or a combination of the two?

Does NFS act to thin the Race Grease when they are mixed? Or should it be used to thin it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny but true story. I have gotten several of the younger people at work to start riding. I keep a bottle of Rock N Roll on my desk for them to use before our PM rides. Young APM asked if he could borrow some chain lube and as I reached for the bottle he said " Can I use the good stuff you keep in your drawer?" I have spoiled them.

Mike
    Mike Noble

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I service my personal DT hubs I use a very thin coat of Race Grease. There are Pro wrenches who swear by straight NFS and they get good results. Do not use NFS to thin Race Grease unless your intention is to free the bearings on a 60 year old horizontal mill. It won't hurt but it does confuse the matter. Bottomline: think coat of Race Grease or NFS. Maybe I'd give the performance edge to straight NFS but I suspect you and a good lab would be hard pressed to prove it.
    The reason straight NFS works so well in this situation is it's ability to not run out of small spaces. NFS is not sticky, let me be clear...it is just d@mn good at staying where it is put.

HAHA Mike, nurturing future Elitist MoFos is not a bad thing. Kudos.
    Josh,

What are you recommending for DT 240 ratchets these days - NFS lube or the Race Grease, or a combination of the two?

Does NFS act to thin the Race Grease when they are mixed? Or should it be used to thin it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I service my personal DT hubs I use a very thin coat of Race Grease. There are Pro wrenches who swear by straight NFS and they get good results. Do not use NFS to thin Race Grease unless your intention is to free the bearings on a 60 year old horizontal mill. It won't hurt but it does confuse the matter. Bottomline: think coat of Race Grease or NFS. Maybe I'd give the performance edge to straight NFS but I suspect you and a good lab would be hard pressed to prove it.
    The reason straight NFS works so well in this situation is it's ability to not run out of small spaces. NFS is not sticky, let me be clear...it is just d@mn good at staying where it is put.

HAHA Mike, nurturing future Elitist MoFos is not a bad thing. Kudos.
    Thanks Josh. I appreciate the advice.

Another data point I can add is that straight NFS lube works great on the pawls of a White Ind T11 freehub, and does a much better job than the white grease they come with from the factory.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Myself and a real nice guy I know who makes awesome wheels have been pitching to them for three years and nada.
    Change in a production environment is not something you do without alot of consideration and I appreciate that (grumble).
    What's a brother got to do????

Thanks Josh. I appreciate the advice.

Another data point I can add is that straight NFS lube works great on the pawls of a White Ind T11 freehub, and does a much better job than the white grease they come with from the factory.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Myself and a real nice guy I know who makes awesome wheels have been pitching to them for three years and nada.
    Change in a production environment is not something you do without alot of consideration and I appreciate that (grumble).
    tall man.., (RACE GREASE)

this potion is household addictive too..
    just put some on home door hinges and keepers/locks --- now all fit like a babes bottle nipple..

ronnie with a smile

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Were you pitching for bearing grease or for the pawl lubricant, or both? And what were you proposing to use for the pawls? Curious if it's what I am doing.

I just put some Race Grease on my DT ratchets and we'll see how it goes. It has passed the workstand test with flying colors!