User Tag List

Page 48 of 68 FirstFirst ... 383940414243444546474849505152535455565758 ... LastLast

Thread: NFS Chainlube & Race Grease: The wait is over

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: NFS Chainlube & Race Grease: The wait is over

I'd go for red on black. I've got the white on black, and I don't think it's all that "loud".
    DT

http://www.mjolnircycles.com/

Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

"the fun outweighs the suck, and the suck hasn't killed me yet." -- chasea

"Sometimes, as good as it feels to speak out, silence is the only way to rise above the morass. The high road is generally a quiet route." -- echelon_john

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a tech question but since I use NFS I'll put it here:

I've run across a few "how to" videos about drivetrain cleaning that mention wiping the side plates of the chain with isopropyl alcohol on a rag After lubrication to keep the thing from being a mess in case you have to handle it out on the road.

Thoughts.....?

My chain has never been quieter since switching to NFS but it is "wet" compared to what I had been using, and it gets on your hands if you have to handle the chain. Maybe I'm using too much.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You might be ....no you are using too much. Just wipe the sideplates dry after each ride with cotton rag. That is the best thing you can do and using alcohol is silly unless it is ethanol and it is part of a proper G&T, it is summertime don't cha know?.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobonli View Post
    This is a tech question but since I use NFS I'll put it here:

I've run across a few "how to" videos about drivetrain cleaning that mention wiping the side plates of the chain with isopropyl alcohol on a rag After lubrication to keep the thing from being a mess in case you have to handle it out on the road.

Thoughts.....?

My chain has never been quieter since switching to NFS but it is "wet" compared to what I had been using, and it gets on your hands if you have to handle the chain. Maybe I'm using too much.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Today I got a phone call from a customer who, with deep passion, implored me once again I was missing a golden opportunity to place NFS and NFS+ into retail stores.
    Despite our unlimited budget for finding new outlets (not) we want to get products closer to you (YES!!!).
    Offer: twist your favorite retailers arm to stock NixFrixShun and you will never pay for NFS or NFS+ again (personal bikes only please). Retail buyers create login at: NixFrixShun Bicycle Speed Shop than are required to contact me for wholesale approval. That is all there is to it.

Go ride your bike!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    Today I got a phone call from a customer who, with deep passion, implored me once again I was missing a golden opportunity to place NFS and NFS+ into retail stores.
    Despite our unlimited budget for finding new outlets (not) we want to get products closer to you (YES!!!).
    Offer: twist your favorite retailers arm to stock NixFrixShun and you will never pay for NFS or NFS+ again (personal bikes only please). Retail buyers create login at: NixFrixShun Bicycle Speed Shop than are required to contact me for wholesale approval. That is all there is to it.

Go ride your bike!!!!

-------------------------------------------

much like sherman williams paint logo/motto, "cover the face of the earth.."
    anytime you can create a marketing perception of unlimited, measurable up & beyond and never the concern or task again ------ awesome consumer/end user image for quality and none-risk..

ronnie

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been slathering on the Chain-L much more liberally than I should just so I have an excuse to get some NFS. I think I'll need a hat and bar tape too...
    Jason Henkle
    flickr
    instagram

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pi Guy View Post
    I've been slathering on the Chain-L much more liberally than I should just so I have an excuse to get some NFS. I think I'll need a hat and bar tape too...
    Let me enable you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pi Guy View Post
    Jason,
    Do yourself a huge favor and "accidentally" spill, lose, drop or loan whatever you have left and start fresh. You will not be disappointed.

Mike
    Mike Noble

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's a quick testimony. 9 days ago I got to Italy for some riding. Built my bike, lubed my chain with NFS, and off we went. I proceeded to bury myself with around 34 hours, 500+ miles and 50K feet of climbing. Most days were dry, some were damp, one was soaking wet. It occurred to me this morning that I never actually lubed my chain a second time. It was still quiet. Stuff is good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let me enable you.
    Quote Originally Posted by mnoble485 View Post
    Jason,
    Do yourself a huge favor and "accidentally" spill, lose, drop or loan whatever you have left and start fresh. You will not be disappointed.

Mike
    Tee hee, how did I miss this? My current (non-NFS) lube will now go on every kiddie gate, door hinge, mail box flag, and whatever other household pivots I can find, whether they squeak or not. Soon!
    Jason Henkle
    flickr
    instagram

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Handbuilt Guide just posted a nice review of NFS >>> Review: NixFrixShun Ultimate Chain Lube

Thanks much we like your publication ALOT!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Josh,

Just got a used wheelset with Chris King R45. Not that they for sure need it, but I want to do a bearing and ring drive cleanout/relube, just because that's how I am. Is the NFS race greas the right thing for the bearings? I have some dumonde tech freehub oil for the ring drive, but please advise . . .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Use NFS Ultimate chainlube for the ring drive and Race Grease for the bearings. Both are going to do you right.

Myself like most of you "out there" have seen hubs and bearings we've serviced many years ago using Phil Wood returned and the grease is still working. NFS Ultimate and NFS Race Grease are both made alot better than PW ever was made not that it needed to be made better. I'll go out on a limb and say that NFS will be there many years down the road when we crack open old hubs and bearings we will find NFS products quietly doing their job.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A NFS test of sorts: I’ve been a faithful user for a couple years now. No complaints, big fan. I’ve recently re-built a hand me down bike for my daughter. The chain was long neglected, but not worn out, according to my gauges. I soaked the chain overnight in PineSol to remove the gunk, washed it good afterwards, blew dry with a compressor. The chain was left with a “dry” brownish finish. Yes- very dry, devoid of any lube.

So I gave it the 10 drop test. After spinning it up a bit while on a stand, you could clearly see the dry chain slowly change color as the lube worked itself all over. More spinning, shifting through the gears…there was maybe 2 links that didn’t fully change color, so an extra drop took care of that.

I know this has worked this way on my ‘good” chains, but it was so plain to SEE on a rust-ish colored chain, I wish I took pictures!

Added positive: I finally got around to replacing the tape on my cross bike with the NFS “wide” tape. Super comfy off-road, another winner!
    The black on black matches my bike perfectly. Kudos to Josh!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awww shucks :) Thanks for that.

In similar fashion I recently used it to bring a 1" pitch chain back to life. Lots of wiping and running it thru the paces and voila!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Preparing my wife's bike for a 2,000 mile ride from Seattle to San Diego; new chain with proper amount of NFS lube plus new wrap of NFS bartape. I'll be a bachelor for a month. Yes, Josh is an enabler.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NFS Ultimate and NFS Race Grease are both made alot better than PW ever was made not that it needed to be made better. I'll go out on a limb and say that NFS will be there many years down the road when we crack open old hubs and bearings we will find NFS products quietly doing their job.
    Huh... So would NFS Race Grease be the appropriate product for injecting into the grease ports of Speedplay pedals?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AWESOME I love to be the bad guy ;) That route is nuts in a good way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Thompson View Post
    Preparing my wife's bike for a 2,000 mile ride from Seattle to San Diego; new chain with proper amount of NFS lube plus new wrap of NFS bartape. I'll be a bachelor for a month. Yes, Josh is an enabler.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Ross View Post
    Huh... So would NFS Race Grease be the appropriate product for injecting into the grease ports of Speedplay pedals?
    Bob I looked up the spec. for Speedplay grease just to be 100% positive before I blurt out the answer.

The answer is most assuredly yes. NFS Race grease will work very well in Speedplay pedals. I meet and exceed what they ask for.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bob I looked up the spec. for Speedplay grease just to be 100% positive before I blurt out the answer.

The answer is most assuredly yes. NFS Race grease will work very well in Speedplay pedals. I meet and exceed what they ask for.
    And in my personal experience, Hell Yupper! I've made the switch and Race Grease lasts longer than my previous high end silicon grease.
    Tom Kellogg
    Rides bikes, used to make 'em too.
    Spectrum-Cycles.com
    Butted Ti Road, Reynolds UL, Di2, QuarQ, Conour lite, SP Zero
    Steel Cross, X-7, Crank Bros, Concour Lite, Nemesis, Grifo
    Steel Piste, D-A Piste, PD-7400, Concour lite, Zipp 404
    http://kapelmuurindependent.be

Shortest TFC Member (5'6 3/4") & shrinking