User Tag List

Page 24 of 68 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: NFS Chainlube & Race Grease: The wait is over

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default re: NFS Chainlube & Race Grease: The wait is over

Is anybody in the Bay Area carrying it?

I've ordered some, but I expect I'll need to get more, someday -- and to be able to point others to where to find it, if I find myself evangelizing it like people seem to.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by phutterman View Post
    Is anybody in the Bay Area carrying it?

I've ordered some, but I expect I'll need to get more, someday -- and to be able to point others to where to find it, if I find myself evangelizing it like people seem to.
    Belissimo Phutterman. If you ordered this week shoot me a note, I'm shipping tomorrow and will slip a few sample size bottles into your order to be used for swaying Local Bike Shops. Give it to the mechanics, sit back and watch what happens. They appreciate that it makes bike chains very quiet and if they ride, most do, shop owners trust their mechanics or they SHOULD!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yay, ordered a bottle! ...which will force myself to wash my poor, filthy bike.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    Yay, ordered a bottle! ...which will force myself to wash my poor, filthy bike.
    Why ???

It's just going to get dirty again .......
    Friends don't let friends ride clinchers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bonus. Everything shipped this morning. If you get a "NFS Not For Resale" sample bottle please consider giving it to a shop with my contact info. or to a pal who will appreciate. Gorilla Marketing, it's what's for lunch.
    Best, Josh
    PS - Phutterman, you got some extra sample bottles.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my continuing efforts to cause Toots to drain his supply of NFS lickity split, I'll give all of you another use for this versatile stuff.

Now I know that most of you VS contributors, lurkers and trolls roast your own coffee, just like we do here at SPECTRUM CYCLES UNIVERSAL GALACTICAL. And since the most common home drum roaster is the Behomr 1600, I'll give all of you a little tip. I am sure that you are all frustrated with the dry bushing in the little DC control area cooling fan. You know what I mean since all of you use a Behmor. Anyway, it is a quick fix to remove the right side panel of the unit with a #3 phillips head driver. Once that's off, use that same phillips head driver and remove the four screws that fasten the little fan to the side cover. When you get the cooling fan off, you will notice a little stick-on cover on the back side of the fan body. Carefully peel the cover back until you have access to the fan bushing. Apply as small a drop of NFS onto the bushing as you can and stick the cover back on. Reassemble the Behmor and you are ready to roast in silence again.

So, since there are thousands of VS members out there and each of you has a Behmor, I figure that you will now go and use thousands of drops of NFS when you get home this evening. Josh's ability to keep all of you supplied will be really put to the test. So go home, get to work and then order more NFS. Drink coffee and have a nice day.
    Tom Kellogg
    Rides bikes, used to make 'em too.
    Spectrum-Cycles.com
    Butted Ti Road, Reynolds UL, Di2, QuarQ, Conour lite, SP Zero
    Steel Cross, X-7, Crank Bros, Concour Lite, Nemesis, Grifo
    Steel Piste, D-A Piste, PD-7400, Concour lite, Zipp 404
    http://kapelmuurindependent.be

Shortest TFC Member (5'6 3/4") & shrinking

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    Bonus. Everything shipped this morning. If you get a "NFS Not For Resale" sample bottle please consider giving it to a shop with my contact info. or to a pal who will appreciate. Gorilla Marketing, it's what's for lunch.
    Best, Josh
    PS - Phutterman, you got some extra sample bottles.
    Will definitely be letting some lube-obsessed coworkers try it out. One dude is known to hoard bottles of things he likes (lubes, mastik one) under his bench, so.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    Belissimo Phutterman. If you ordered this week shoot me a note, I'm shipping tomorrow and will slip a few sample size bottles into your order to be used for swaying Local Bike Shops. Give it to the mechanics, sit back and watch what happens. They appreciate that it makes bike chains very quiet and if they ride, most do, shop owners trust their mechanics or they SHOULD!
    Sorry I was slow on the uptake but you figured me out! I just got mine and the sample bottles and I'll definitely pass them along to mechanics/shops who seem like they'd be receptive. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lube on bike, sample of lube in the back, on one mechanic's bench or another. Thanks for the quiet ride home.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    Lube on bike, sample of lube in the back, on one mechanic's bench or another. Thanks for the quiet ride home.
    You rock. Thanks for the report.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My NFS order just arrived in OZ! Fantastic logistics. Look forward to trying it out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll add my praise to the chorus. It's March in Massachusetts, so the roads are salty, sandy, wet and generally disgusting. A full bike rinse is needed after every ride. I had resigned myself to my lube wearing out after 90 minutes in this crap, but NFS has raised my spirits. I applied it wrong/lazy (wiped but didn't clean my chain before applying), and even after a couple of 3 hour rides, it's running smooth. I rinse my bike after the ride, wipe the chain (but don't reapply), and it's looks fantastic. My quality of life just went up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now that made my day :)

HEY!!! EVERYTHING SHIPPED!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fastforaslowguy View Post
    I'll add my praise to the chorus. It's March in Massachusetts, so the roads are salty, sandy, wet and generally disgusting. A full bike rinse is needed after every ride. I had resigned myself to my lube wearing out after 90 minutes in this crap, but NFS has raised my spirits. I applied it wrong/lazy (wiped but didn't clean my chain before applying), and even after a couple of 3 hour rides, it's running smooth. I rinse my bike after the ride, wipe the chain (but don't reapply), and it's looks fantastic. My quality of life just went up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any shop in Los Angeles area carries this?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by foon View Post
    Any shop in Los Angeles area carries this?
    Nooope. Want to earn yourself a lifetime supply? (hint hint).

FWIIW NFS is going to start marketing a wee bit more broadly this year so it will start to appear in LBS across the USA g-d willing and the creek don't rise ;)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Calling for all NFS ride and race pictures. We would like your pictures of you or a teammate racing or riding. Richard Sachs and Mike Z's CX teams both use the stuff and we have some real knuckleheads riding and racing in amazing events. Post your pictures here AND if you are willing to let me use the images send me high quality .jpg or .tiff file.

Bad@ssery happens, let's cover it with NFS ;)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally got around to converting my 29er over to SRAM bits, and used NFS on the bare-metal shifter cables. Definitely made a difference in smoothness compared to un-lubed cables. (I run Shimano SP41 housing). Good stuff, this.
    4d 61 72 6b 20 43 68 61 6e 64 6c 65 72

GRAVELBIKE.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I have been well stocked at the shop now for a few months with NFS. I have been using it on all new bike, drivetrain cleanings and most repairs. This stuff is legit. Quiet drive trains and nice clean looking chains. Had people stop by looking for it specifically. It's a win-win situation. I don't grab any other chain lube off the bench. And I'm still on the first bottle! Stuff just does it. I'm happy. Thanks!
    Jason Wright
    Baltimore, Maryland
    My Shop:
    servicecoursecycle.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awwwww shucks :)

Hey, hope to be at your shop for the PR party.
    "And I'm still on the first bottle! " <<<< This may prove to be my undoing. After less than two years selling NFS we are only now seeing individual re-orders. Shop orders are nice and steady.

Quote Originally Posted by bicimechanic View Post
    So I have been well stocked at the shop now for a few months with NFS. I have been using it on all new bike, drivetrain cleanings and most repairs. This stuff is legit. Quiet drive trains and nice clean looking chains. Had people stop by looking for it specifically. It's a win-win situation. I don't grab any other chain lube off the bench. And I'm still on the first bottle! Stuff just does it. I'm happy. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep. I'm about 9 months in on three bikes and other stuff and only at about a half bottle used so far.

"Even my farts smell like steel!" - Diel

"Make something with your hands. Not with your money." - Dario

Sean Doyle

www.devlincc.com

https://www.instagram.com/devlincustomcycles/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/139142779@N05/