User Tag List

Page 51 of 76 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1504

Thread: Motorcycles.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Motorcycles.

I hope they don't shrink when they get wet.

wetmonkey.jpg
    Dan Bare

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sk_tle View Post
    Talk to me against this

Won't be a good long distance tourer. That's all I got. IMHO buy it and enjoy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No I will not, that right there is going to be insanely fun. I'll yank your chain wrt the (cough) colorway.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PaMtbRider View Post
    I hope they don't shrink when they get wet.

wetmonkey.jpg
    The Monkey is supposed to be even more fun than the Grom

If I had a safe place to park/store it, I would get the new version of the Super Cub for Boston

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XR2 View Post
    Won't be a good long distance tourer. That's all I got. IMHO buy it and enjoy.
    The commute is less than a quarter of its range, and the beach is even closer.

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    No I will not, that right there is going to be insanely fun. I'll yank your chain wrt the (cough) colorway.
    There are less busy paint schemes availables!
    --
    T h o m a s

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So a '53 Indian, a '34 Indian and a '50 Vincent Black Shadow walk into a bar...
    rw saunders
    hey, how lucky can one man get.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rwsaunders View Post
    1952 Vincent Black Lightning
    Richard Thompson

Says Red Molly, to James, "Well that's a fine motorbike.
    A girl could feel special on any such like."
    Says James, to Red Molly, "My hat's off to you.
    It's a Vincent Black Lightning, 1952.

And I've seen you on the corners and cafes, it seems.
    Red hair and black leather, my favorite color scheme."
    And he pulled her on behind,
    And down to Boxhill,

They'd Ride.
    Says James, to Red Molly, "Here's a ring for your right hand.
    But I'll tell you in earnest I'm a dangerous man;
    For I've fought with the law since I was seventeen.

I've robbed many a man to get my Vincent machine.
    And now I'm twenty-one years, I might make twenty-two.
    And I don't mind dyin' but for the love of you.
    But if fate should break my stride, then I'll give you my Vincent, To Ride."

"Come down Red Molly, " called Sargent McQuade.
    "For they've taken young James Aidee for Armed Robbery.
    Shotgun blast hit his chest, left nothing inside.
    Oh, come down, Red Molly, to his dying bedside."

When she came to the hospital, there wasn't much left.
    He was runnin' out of road. He was runnin' out of breath.
    But he smiled, to see her cry.
    And said, "I'll give you my Vincent.
    To Ride."

Said James, "In my opinion, there's nothing in this world
    Beats a '52 Vincent and a Redheaded girl.
    Now Nortons and Indians and Greavses won't do.
    Oh, they don't have a Soul like a Vincent '52."

Well he reached for her hand and he slipped her the keys.
    He said, "I've got no further use...for these.
    I see Angels on Ariels in leather and chrome,
    Swoopin' down from Heaven to carry me home."

And he gave her one last kiss and died.
    And he gave her his Vincent.
    To Ride.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now that's the definition of rare. I've been around motorcycles and in the business my entire life and have never seen one of the Indian Warrior in person.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now that's the definition of rare. I've been around motorcycles and in the business my entire life and have never seen an Indian Warrior in person.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Update on the new to me 2012 camhead BMW GSA ADV Triple Black.

The BMW GSA universe tilts twords tall goofballs like me. For the third time I was able to buy some very very nice custom protective gear. Go figure? There is a gent located only 20 miles from me who also races bicycles, is tall and narrow. I scored a Motoport Mesh jacket in obnoxious HiViz green with great protection. The saying is "all the gear all the time" and I'm a convert.

The bike reminds me of my old R100. The gears sound farm-like and that is where all comparisons end. For a 600 lbs bike it is very capable of carving twisty roads with ease. The boxer engine is like a sewing machine, those people (pardon the pronoun) know what they are doing and who can argue with 1/2 a VW engine on a two wheel motorframe???? LOL.

Anywho, great bike. I'm having a blast.

gsa1.jpg
    Last edited by Too Tall; 07-16-2019 at 08:06 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Enjoy. That's what they're for. Well that and Starbucks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since I'm in the process of getting rid of my Mustang GT500 (with no luck. 28 GT5 Mustang Street Legal Track Car for Sale in SAN DIEGO, CA | RacingJunk Classifieds PLEASE someone buy this. It's got four times that much money in to it- AND you can turn it back to a stock interior with a weekend of swearing. I have all the seats and carpet and steering wheel etc. I'll sell it to someone on the forum for gulp....a lot less than the 28k I'm asking for here...)

Anyway- now on to the important stuff. I think I decided instead of investing a bunch of money into turning my Street Bob into an undriveable monster- I'd just tweak it to a livable 124ci daily driver- and I'd scrounge up credit card points, some weird bitcoin that I had hiding in an account- and empty an old savings acount to come up with the 4k I needed to buy this thing:

It's a 2004 Harley V-Rod drag bike. It's got a 100hp shot of nitrous that automatically engages at wide open throttle, it's got an electronic thumb shifter so you can lay down on the thing and use the super rear sets. it does a 1/4 in under 10 seconds or something stupid and you can ride it to the bar as long as you don't go through a puddle because it has no fenders.

this thing is totally stupid- but it'll give me something to do at the Qualcom stadium 1/8th mile drag races and the Barona drags when I don't have my Mustang anymore. Come on guys- it's kinda awesome. It's basically a Porsche motorcycle that looks like a black hair dryer. It's so dumb...

i'm about to the point where i don't want to own any cars. i can't really afford any car i really want now that could be driven daily now the GT500 project is completed- My slush box 2008 Cayman is pretty much rented on Turo all the time and is basically an income source now- and with what's going on with Kate and I- she's going to need transportation with us separating for a bit- and she's taking the truck.

So I'm going to have three dumb motorcycles....my RSV4-RR sport bike daily, my 2018 Street Bob cruiser daily, and my 2004 V-Rod drag bike daily. Someday I'm going to want a real bagger- I know it's dumb- but whenever the highway opens up enough here in California that you're not lane splitting- I want my Harley to be "bigger". I'm really loving my Harley. The instant torque is awesome- and it really is the perfect California car. With the changes I made to y Street Bob- the Lucky Dave's San Diego bars, the FXR style tall bikini fairing, and the Whiplash custom seat- really makes it handle and fit the way i want to be whenever I'm riding between 40%-say 80-85%. My Aprilia is awesome for 70%-100% but I could imagine getting a bagger that'd go like hell on the highway and let me lug a bunch of stuff and another person too. Plus Apple Car Play dood....on a motorcycle

and eventually I want to build up a Moto Guzzi track bike. Kinda like I did with the Mustang- take a design that has no place going around corners quickly and try to make it happen. I think it would be really cool to try to cram the big Griso engine in a V7 frame- figure out who is porting these engines and making them work well- maybe get Comp to do a Cam if its even possible- I know the GuzziDawg has cracked the software on these things- so think its possible to build 150hp Guzzi that weighs around 500 pounds and has rearsets and clip-ons. Shaft drive and that dumb engine design and it's great sound. it'd be fun.
    bamboo, aluminum, wood.

My name is Craig Gaulzetti.

www.summercycles.com

www.gaulzetti.co

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jerk View Post
    AND you can turn it back to a stock interior with a weekend of swearing.
    The thing no buyer cares about unless the seller does it before putting the car on sale. You can only really sell it as a "project car" but virtually nobody wants someone else's project. And that-s independent on the quality of the work done.

Good luck.
    Last edited by sk_tle; 07-17-2019 at 07:34 AM.
    --
    T h o m a s

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and eventually I want to build up a Moto Guzzi track bike. Kinda like I did with the Mustang- take a design that has no place going around corners quickly and try to make it happen. I think it would be really cool to try to cram the big Griso engine in a V7 frame- figure out who is porting these engines and making them work well- maybe get Comp to do a Cam if its even possible- I know the GuzziDawg has cracked the software on these things- so think its possible to build 150hp Guzzi that weighs around 500 pounds and has rearsets and clip-ons. Shaft drive and that dumb engine design and it's great sound. it'd be fun.
    You've seen Dr. John Wittner's race bikes, yes?

Il Dottore: Dr. John's Moto Guzzi 1R | Motorcycle Classics

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So the week before I moved to Boston, my Streetfighter 848's gearbox seized up while JRA. It was always a little tweaky and it finally just tweaked out. With all the chaos of the move I didn't feel like dealing with it so I sold it (at a big loss, obviously) to a local shop. Got to Boston, settled in for a few days and went up to Seacoast Sport Cycles an hour North of my house and replace the Streetfighter with this:

Tuono medium.jpg

Wow, it really works well, it is amazing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unless you have great self control keep your attorney on speed dial. If you have no attorney get one. A 15 year Aprilia owner.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i told you.

Quote Originally Posted by dogrange View Post
    So the week before I moved to Boston, my Streetfighter 848's gearbox seized up while JRA. It was always a little tweaky and it finally just tweaked out. With all the chaos of the move I didn't feel like dealing with it so I sold it (at a big loss, obviously) to a local shop. Got to Boston, settled in for a few days and went up to Seacoast Sport Cycles an hour North of my house and replace the Streetfighter with this:

Tuono medium.jpg

Wow, it really works well, it is amazing.
    bamboo, aluminum, wood.

www.summercycles.com

www.gaulzetti.co

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Andy:
    I've been having so much fun on my Harley that I'd been neglecting my RSV4-RR. I know that is a Tuono- but it's pretty much the same thing with the torque curve slid over to the left a little bit and taller bars. My Dad's been visiting- and he's a bit short for my Ape so he's been riding the Harley and I've been on my RSV4.

I forgot just what a perfect bike it is. The great thing about the Tuono and the RSV4 is that the bikes can out accelerate and out handle any bike in the world- but they're also complete pussy cats around town or when riding easy. the four doesn't mind going slow or idling or being short shifted. i've said it before-but i bought my RSV4 without any intention of buying a bike like that ten seconds before i rode it. I had a brand new Ducati SuperSport S. I'd put lowered clip-ons on it- but had otherwise left it pretty stock. when i hopped on the Ape for the first time- it was like i was stepping in to a second skin. it is the best balanced and most intuitive riding thing i've ever owned. even though it has almost twice the hp of the Duc- it runs so much cooler and isn't lumpy at all when you're just putting around town. ducati twins are a thing or beauty and the SuperSport is no exception- I never would have traded it in if I hadn't ridden the RSV4-RR. I though it was a perfect bike- then I rod an Aprilia.

I'd imagine you're feeling much the same thing. The bike is pretty close to flawless. (Although I did get a ticket yesterday for having too loud an exhaust. ...so I put the baffle that I ordered from Arrow in- and now its quiet. We'l see if I get killed lane splitting now.)
    bamboo, aluminum, wood.

www.summercycles.com

www.gaulzetti.co

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that's actually really creepy- considering that in that iconic photo Roland is wearing nothing but his helmet and his skivvies. why anyone would "paint" it and put clothes on him? the whole thing to me conveys everything that is awesome, absurd, stupid, amazing, manly, funny, dumb and bad ass about motorcycles, and pushing their limits. The position was worth a few miles an hour- which is totally dumb in and of itself- taking off all his clothes was worth another mile an hour and a half supposedly. The fact that Roland and his team thought about that- decided to do it- and that it worked made for one of the most iconic photographs of all time. That IS Bonneville. That IS motorcycling. That IS America. That horrible painting points to the most deranged type of repression. I'd bet dollars to doughnuts whoever painted it is on a sex offender list for attempting to fornicate with a particularly sexy derby cover.
    bamboo, aluminum, wood.

www.summercycles.com

www.gaulzetti.co

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Andy:
    I've been having so much fun on my Harley that I'd been neglecting my RSV4-RR. I know that is a Tuono- but it's pretty much the same thing with the torque curve slid over to the left a little bit and taller bars. My Dad's been visiting- and he's a bit short for my Ape so he's been riding the Harley and I've been on my RSV4.

I forgot just what a perfect bike it is. The great thing about the Tuono and the RSV4 is that the bikes can out accelerate and out handle any bike in the world- but they're also complete pussy cats around town or when riding easy. the four doesn't mind going slow or idling or being short shifted. i've said it before-but i bought my RSV4 without any intention of buying a bike like that ten seconds before i rode it. I had a brand new Ducati SuperSport S. I'd put lowered clip-ons on it- but had otherwise left it pretty stock. when i hopped on the Ape for the first time- it was like i was stepping in to a second skin. it is the best balanced and most intuitive riding thing i've ever owned. even though it has almost twice the hp of the Duc- it runs so much cooler and isn't lumpy at all when you're just putting around town. ducati twins are a thing or beauty and the SuperSport is no exception- I never would have traded it in if I hadn't ridden the RSV4-RR. I though it was a perfect bike- then I rod an Aprilia.

I'd imagine you're feeling much the same thing. The bike is pretty close to flawless. (Although I did get a ticket yesterday for having too loud an exhaust. ...so I put the baffle that I ordered from Arrow in- and now its quiet. We'l see if I get killed lane splitting now.)
    Yes, it was obvious 5 minutes into the test ride that it is on another level, it really is an engineering masterpiece. Everything about it is functionally perfected compared to my old Streetfighter, the ergos, the fueling, the low-speed manners, the handling. It is so perfect that I was telling my wife something like "it's only quirk is that it has no quirks." I'm only 4 days into ownership, so I have a ways to go to get really comfortable with it - it is superpowered compared to the SF848 too, which is not always a great thing. I can see why the Harley would appeal, this thing is great for any type of riding, but is not the most relaxing thing to cruise around on. I must admit that I miss the sound and quirks of the Ducati twin a little bit . . . Maybe a Guzzi V7 or something will be my version of an easy cruiser . . .