User Tag List

Page 47 of 75 FirstFirst ... 373839404142434445464748495051525354555657 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorcycles.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Motorcycles.

I bet they sell everyone that gets made.

This is a market that the OEM's are very interested in.

KTM is on the way to make a mid-electric motorcycle (dirt bike) It's planned to be about 100lbs give or take and have a charge of about 2 hours of use. I think it is a bridge worth building.
    Not Riding!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welp.

Triumph is up and either sending a new 1050 motor or the shop is going to rebuild with all new parts from the catalog.

Working out all the details but moving in the right direction finally.

Anyone see that freakin Ducati that just dropped?

It is a total rocket ship.
    Not Riding!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pdxmech13 View Post
    Welp.

Triumph is up and either sending a new 1050 motor or the shop is going to rebuild with all new parts from the catalog.

Working out all the details but moving in the right direction finally.

Anyone see that freakin Ducati that just dropped?

It is a total rocket ship.
    Hard to miss if you pay attention the the internets. I totally love the wider fairing, wish they would put that on the regular version. I also like the slotted side panels, look cool and can't but help draw some of the heat away from the rider, I would think. (I test rode one of these on suburban streets and a short freeway stint and the heat was just scorching.) The wings are cool, but I would feel like a tool if I rode around with those on my road bike, would put the back on or track days. Whatever, I am a beginner track rider so it would all be wasted on me, except for the most important part, the looks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm still waiting on the Triumph to be repaired. Good news its been winter so as least there is that.

Once it's back in my hands i'm thinking of pulling the trigger on a new 950 hyper. Mostly short commuting, town and twisty's. Anyone experience with the older models? My pal has an 1100 which is an outright hooligan. I'm not interested in the last 2 iterations as the styling and motor aren't my thing.

In the long run I'd like to have a hyper for daily riding and a light sport tourer for longer weekend/week trips like the yami 900gt or a used mulitstrada but damn those are expensive.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Not Riding!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm still waiting on the Triumph to be repaired. Good news its been winter so as least there is that.

Once it's back in my hands i'm thinking of pulling the trigger on a new 950 hyper. Mostly short commuting, town and twisty's. Anyone experience with the older models? My pal has an 1100 which is an outright hooligan. I'm not interested in the last 2 iterations as the styling and motor aren't my thing.

In the long run I'd like to have a hyper for daily riding and a light sport tourer for longer weekend/week trips like the yami 900gt or a used mulitstrada but damn those are expensive.
    To my eye, they fixed the style deficiencies of the last 1-2 versions with this one - sure is pretty! No idea how it rides, but I bet it's pretty fun.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah.

I'm told by those that are in the know that the ride by wire system was an old Maretti version that had some fueling issues that couldn't quite get fixed with ECU flash.

For instance the Super Sport and the Multi used the same engine but had a ride by wire system designed by continental or bosch and was much better at around town speeds.

Anyway, I think it looks the business.

Never ridden a "motard" style bike. Would assume it's kinda like my WR250f just for the street in terms of position.
    Not Riding!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Added another bike today. Can't wait till the roads are clear enough to go for a ride. The Mrs will be getting a matching yellow one in May when they are available. It's fun being a grown up kid.

garagemonkey.jpg
    Dan Bare

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is totally awesome. Enjoy.
    Not Riding!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PaMtbRider View Post
    Added another bike today. Can't wait till the roads are clear enough to go for a ride. The Mrs will be getting a matching yellow one in May when they are available. It's fun being a grown up kid.

garagemonkey.jpg
    That's a ton of fun right there! Good for you!

Brings back memories: I had a Honda CT70 as a kid, my first "real" Moto that didn't have a lawnmower engine! Hmmm, maybe a Monkey in may future too!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lots of good content on the web for these bikes.

I have a soft spot in my heart for Alistar Fagan however.

Not Riding!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is actually 230 pounds of fun! When I pushed it up the ramp to load it in the van is when I realized what fun this is going to be. My other 2 bikes weigh 375 lbs and 575 lbs. I took it out for a short ride before the snow yesterday. It got to 45 pretty easy. I think it will probably top out between 50-55. I'm already looking at Ohlins suspension, an Akropovic pipe... It's already way nicer than the QA50 and CT70 I had as a kid. I should leave it just like it is, but what fun would that be.
    Dan Bare

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welp. The bike is back in my possession after 6 months again at the dealer.

Turns out there was a cylinder that was out of round so a bunch more crap was repaired.

Triumph UK/NA stepped up this time and replaced the bits under warranty and I'm expecting a check for the last $4K in repairs I had to cough up.

Good to be back on the bike even if it means sitting in traffic from time to time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm always amazed how I5 can be closed to a halt just for a barge that looks to be falling apart.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Not Riding!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm always amazed how I5 can be closed to a halt just for a barge that looks to be falling apart.
    That bike's a bit chunky-looking, but I don't think I'd go so far as to call it a "barge." ;)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the back streets of Firenze.
    rw saunders
    hey, how lucky can one man get.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After years of riding motorcycles (mainly Honda VFRs) I switched over to Yamaha TMaxs (what they call a super scooter). It is 95% of the fun and 120% of the practicality of my old bikes. Very comfortable for a pillion passenger. Apart from being an excellent town bike it is also a really good ride on open roads and the motorway. So you can drop off a passenger in the city, and then ride 750 miles across Europe at 80mph. A very good piece of kit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by slwrnu View Post
    After years of riding motorcycles (mainly Honda VFRs) I switched over to Yamaha TMaxs (what they call a super scooter). It is 95% of the fun and 120% of the practicality of my old bikes. Very comfortable for a pillion passenger. Apart from being an excellent town bike it is also a really good ride on open roads and the motorway. So you can drop off a passenger in the city, and then ride 750 miles across Europe at 80mph. A very good piece of kit.
    The biggest issue with TMaxs is they either render their owner rude and stupid or they attract them. No offense to be taken personnally but after years of seeing them in every area in europe I have yet to see a single TMax being ridden sensibly and with regards to the other users, be they pedestrians, cyclists, drivers or other motorcycle/scooter users. There must be something with the look, noise, position, performance, engine character, I don't know what, but you won't necessary see the same commonality on other models/brands of maxi scooters.
    --
    T h o m a s

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’ve noticed some of the moto corps during Flanders on big BMW scooters and at least one of the Piaggio twin front-wheeled scooters. Seemed they were used mostly to ferry photographers around but one appeared to have communications dome-antennas on the rear.

They really need to go to electric vehicles in the peloton. Makes no sense having a bunch of heavy breathers using inhalers so they can keep up in the midst of a rolling lunch hour traffic jam. Some of the team cars appear to even be diesels.
    Last edited by j44ke; 04-11-2019 at 08:47 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sk_tle View Post
    The biggest issue with TMaxs is they either render their owner rude and stupid or they attract them. No offense to be taken personnally but after years of seeing them in every area in europe I have yet to see a single TMax being ridden sensibly and with regards to the other users, be they pedestrians, cyclists, drivers or other motorcycle/scooter users. There must be something with the look, noise, position, performance, engine character, I don't know what, but you won't necessary see the same commonality on other models/brands of maxi scooters.
    If you buy one you do not need to behave like that. I do not, as perhaps you suspect. They are are a really viable alternative to a sporty motorbike if you still fancy a bit of adrenaline with some practicality. They are not cheap by any means, so even if what you say is correct, and I disagree respectfully, a young badly behaved biker will not be able to afford one. They might suit a fair few people on this terrific site, which was the only reason for my post. regards

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spotted in Castro Pretorio...Roma.
    rw saunders
    hey, how lucky can one man get.