User Tag List

Page 35 of 76 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorcycles.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Motorcycles.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Jays View Post
    Don't tell me you bought that sweet motorcycle *new* for $3500. What a great steal!
    No, it's 10 years old and has 9,100 miles on it. Well 9,300 now!
    Quote Originally Posted by maunahaole View Post
    Those Yamaha five valve motors are pretty sweet. Super smooth and revvy. Does that have the cross plane crank like the R1?
    No, the 2006-2015 FZ1 has the pre-crossplane motor from the 04-07(?) YZF-R1 with slightly different cams etc. With a an ECU flash etc it makes about 145hp and 80 lb-ft of torque. Down ~40 hp from modern liter bikes but at ~3.5 lbs/hp it's fast enough for me. With the double-bubble screen, the wind protection is pretty good and the engine is smooooth.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a FZ700 for a while. A sweet tariff bike in Marlboro colors. An amazingly smooth engine. Funky geometry and stupid 16" font wheel. If my ZRX ever breaks, I'd probably go to an FZ.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm thinking Akro for that bike.

Should make a sweet speedy tourer.

I'm about 1 day away from pulling a trigger on my first dirt bike and a little 50 for my 6 year old.

Bicycle count in the garage is going down. Moto count going up.
    Not Riding!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welp, this certainly spiraled out of control quickly.........
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Not Riding!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pdxmech13 View Post
    Welp, this certainly spiraled out of control quickly.........
    Congrats!

This is good for a few yucks:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gonna go take a look at this one tonight. Stay tuned -- I may be back on a 2-wheel motor tomorrow.
    DucatiM620D.jpg
    DT

http://www.mjolnircycles.com/

Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

"the fun outweighs the suck, and the suck hasn't killed me yet." -- chasea

"Sometimes, as good as it feels to speak out, silence is the only way to rise above the morass. The high road is generally a quiet route." -- echelon_john

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mabouya View Post
    Congrats!

This is good for a few yucks:
    Here's how it's done....

Eat one live toad first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you all day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like my dad told me and my brother back in the 70s, you NEVER ride a bike to load it.

So I’ve likewise instructed my kids. A few summers ago, I was at an enduro event with my daughter, a ride specifically set up for girls & women. At the end of the day, a women parked next to us took out a ramp to her low trailer started her bike…my 15 year old daughter gave me a look…the woman slowly drove up the ramp, and proceeded to fall over and off the side of the trailer, bike followed. Now she only fell a few feet, luckily had her gear on (sans helmet), but could have easily broken her neck!

My kid said “Dad-I thought you were just being paranoid, but wow, how did you know?”

Over the years I’ve seen too many injuries from riding to load, including a quad that flipped backwards destroying a guys collarbones!

Also: NEVER lube a chain on a bike that’s running. You can tube those results..it’s not pretty.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by choke View Post
    Here's how it's done....
    i like this one too
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinclair View Post
    Give up cycling, keep riding the bike.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by David Tollefson View Post
    Gonna go take a look at this one tonight. Stay tuned -- I may be back on a 2-wheel motor tomorrow.
    DucatiM620D.jpg

The air cooled multis are a hoot, great riding bikes with loads of character. They are expensive to maintain, however, like all ducs.

I've currently got a Yamaha FJ 09. Its a pretty nice bike, but it needs suspension, an exhaust and a flash.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
    The air cooled multis are a hoot, great riding bikes with loads of character. They are expensive to maintain, however, like all ducs.

I've currently got a Yamaha FJ 09. Its a pretty nice bike, but it needs suspension, an exhaust and a flash.
    DucatiM620D.jpg
    Drove it home last night. I've got 24 hours to get "my side" of the garage arranged so that I can get it inside without taking up my wife's car space...

The bike feels light and natural. Likes to rev over 3K rpms. I'm already looking at a couple mods -- shortie levers, heated grips, an accessory port for navigation, maybe a handlebar swap for a more drop-bar-like hand position, and possibly a taller windscreen. We'll see.
    DT

"Sometimes, as good as it feels to speak out, silence is the only way to rise above the morass. The high road is generally a quiet route." -- echelon_john

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Drove it home last night. I've got 24 hours to get "my side" of the garage arranged so that I can get it inside without taking up my wife's car space...

The bike feels light and natural. Likes to rev over 3K rpms. I'm already looking at a couple mods -- shortie levers, heated grips, an accessory port for navigation, maybe a handlebar swap for a more drop-bar-like hand position, and possibly a taller windscreen. We'll see.
    I had a 2006 gloss black version of this particular bike. It was great. If you can swing it, do the pipes w/ ECU/airbox kit. You will be surprised at how much smoother and peppier the engine runs, and it will sound fantastic.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had an s with ohlins and single sided swingarm. It was black but I put red bodywork on it. Also I did a full performance kit with exhaust, eco and airbox. It was a necessary mod. The bike really woke up. I miss that bike.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
    I had an s with ohlins and single sided swingarm. It was black but I put red bodywork on it. Also I did a full performance kit with exhaust, eco and airbox. It was a necessary mod. The bike really woke up. I miss that bike.
    David, just to be clear, I would say if possible do not cheap out and just do pipes - the airbox and ecu kit with the pipes is necessary to get the flow to make it actually work well. I think Ducati and others offer slip-on only kits and I would say it might be better to not do anything than to spend 70% of the $$ for inferior performance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My one riding buddy picked up a new Tuono Factory, so we went for a day ride, up from northern Westchester to Litchfield County - Sherman, Kent, Sharon, over to Amenia and back down to Westchester, where we dropped my other buddy's Thruxton R off at the Triumph dealer for some V&H reverse megaphones, a new cross-over pipe, and an ECU flash. The good news is that the old FZ1 is still plenty quick to play with the newer bikes. And since I had to run my buddy home from the dealer, it was nice to have at least one bike with an actual passenger seat! Oh, and you all get to play the "Which one of these bikes is a commuter?" game. But seriously, those are some pretty sweet bikes. The Tuono Factory is quick as hell and sounds like a flat-crank DTM car when it's on the boil. I'm lucky to have droogs who like to swap bikes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Double post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love the Tuono. Thought about buying one instead of the Speed Triple.

It was just a little to racing themed for me but hot damn does it sound good and ride like a dream.

Aprilla dealer network is also a killer as they have had 3 shops here in PDX in the last 10 years.

That Thruxton is a sweet bike too. Wish it was just a little lighter though but it's still a sweet ride.
    Not Riding!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMG_1133.jpg

Going to the N GA mountains Wednesday and maybe the Dragon if we're feeling frisky.

Love the Italian bikes but they scare my bank account.

edit: hopefully I'll spend the day upright instead of like above
    killing idols one at a time

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taz View Post
    Nice! Mine was yellow as well. Still kinda miss it. Have you done the TPS adjustment?
    DT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey. I've been listening 2 these knuckle heads for the better part of a year.

Great insight into the industry and some good parallels to the bike industry in some podcast.

Worth a listen, if you can stand cat jokes and puns.

https://soundcloud.com/two-enthusiasts-podcast
    Not Riding!