User Tag List

Page 27 of 76 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorcycles.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Motorcycles.

I was at the Triumph dealer last week getting some suspension stuff sorted and that Truxton is one fine ride.
    Not Riding!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pdxmech13 View Post
    I was at the Triumph dealer last week getting some suspension stuff sorted and that Truxton is one fine ride.
    Did you test ride it? Curious on your impressions if you did.
    DT

http://www.mjolnircycles.com/

Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

"the fun outweighs the suck, and the suck hasn't killed me yet." -- chasea

"Sometimes, as good as it feels to speak out, silence is the only way to rise above the morass. The high road is generally a quiet route." -- echelon_john

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question for the collective wisdom here. My wife has a Moto Guzzi V7 Classic. It's a little too big, and a little too heavy for her. She's been talking about selling it to her brother. Which leaves us with the question of what to replace it with.

From what I've found, the Honda Rebel fits the bill. She's looking more at the Suzuki TU250. She want's a cafe racer style, but finding something in that style, with a low enough seat has been tough. She has pretty short legs, seat height will need to be less than 30 inches, less than 28 would be even better.

Thoughts, comments, and suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do a Ryca conversion on a Suzuki 650 Boulevard.
    DT

"Sometimes, as good as it feels to speak out, silence is the only way to rise above the morass. The high road is generally a quiet route." -- echelon_john

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post
    Any guesses on how much this beauty is going for? If I have to ask...?

Like a hole in the head I need this. Two holes maybe. No place in the city for it. Still haven't learned how to ride. Oy. Must be second childhood or something.
    I would guess somewhere north of $25k.

Unlike the others, I'd much rather have that than any motorcycle made today.
    Eat one live toad first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you all day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by David Tollefson View Post
    Do a Ryca conversion on a Suzuki 650 Boulevard.
    It looks like the conversion pushes the seat height up to 31", which likely makes it a no go. They do look nice though.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just picked up an 05 Ducati ST3. So far, 'TT' seems a tad long, but its a fun bike to ride.

M

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cp43 View Post
    Question for the collective wisdom here. My wife has a Moto Guzzi V7 Classic. It's a little too big, and a little too heavy for her. She's been talking about selling it to her brother. Which leaves us with the question of what to replace it with.

From what I've found, the Honda Rebel fits the bill. She's looking more at the Suzuki TU250. She want's a cafe racer style, but finding something in that style, with a low enough seat has been tough. She has pretty short legs, seat height will need to be less than 30 inches, less than 28 would be even better.

Thoughts, comments, and suggestions appreciated.

Thanks
    Suzuki TU250 (fuel injected which I think is a plus)
    1988-2007 Ninja 250 with Blue Collar Bobbers kit: Blue Collar Bobbers
    Honda GB500 (these are tiny, but expensive and vibey)
    Yamaha SRX 250
    Yamaha SR400i (injected, kick-only)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just as a datapoint, when I got my wife a first gen SV650s, I got a second seat and shaved it down (re-upholstered for $65 locally), then got new dogbones and had the rear end lowered, and dropped the triples. She's all of 5'3", and could flat-foot it on both sides at stops. The seat shaving wasn't a big deal -- using a wood rasp and taking my time, easily got another inch plus and maintained the shape. Might be worth exploring, whatever bike you end up with.
    DT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No I didn't ride it.....would like to have but I did ride the Tiger XRX. Will be on my radar for a future ride once I'm done with the Street Triple.
    Not Riding!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by christian View Post
    Suzuki TU250 (fuel injected which I think is a plus)
    1988-2007 Ninja 250 with Blue Collar Bobbers kit: Blue Collar Bobbers
    Honda GB500 (these are tiny, but expensive and vibey)
    Yamaha SRX 250
    Yamaha SR400i (injected, kick-only)
    Wow. That Blue Collar Bobbers kit is affordable for what you are really getting.

The bikes look pretty good too!
    Not Riding!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I dig it. I think you could do a really cool, really cheap kit with just the side fairing wings, and then a ZRX1200 light and fairing. That way, you could keep stock gauges and tail section - the gauges would be hidden by the fairing and the tail section would match the 80s design - because a Ninja 250 tail section IS an 80s design... Just need some new mirrors.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's a pic of what I'm thinking about. This wouldn't be more than $300-400 plus paint. I'd leave the chin spoiler off.

IMG_0360_zpsrjva5mra.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by plug View Post
    I built a rack for my Triumph.

Attachment 83875

Full pics are here: https://ljplug.smugmug.com/Wheels/ti...9688601_JRkTLw

The bike's bottom bracket sits in a foam cup I shaped, which sits in the aluminum trays. I strap the chainstays to the trays with a bungee. Different size bicycles are easily accommodated by moving the foam block.

The bike rack is bolted to the rear luggage rack, and to the inside face of the passenger footpeg mounts. Hard to explain, easier to see in the photos.

Both wheels of the bicycle come off, and go in wheel holders. It is possible to leave the back wheel in the frame -- but this makes the entire assemblage considerably longer, extending far over the rear of the moto, which I didn't like.

It's worked well for day and multiweek trips. I can't run a topbox with a bicycle mounted, obviously, but sidebags are ok -- hence it's possible to carry a light camping setup along with the bike.

I find it effects the moto handling much less than a pillion does -- less weight and less windage.

At the time I didn't have access to a welder so the rack constructins is drill-and-bolt. Works fine.

That is awesome! But, I'm picturing you riding it with a full cycling kit and full face mc helmet...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chad View Post
    That is awesome! But, I'm picturing you riding it with a full cycling kit and full face mc helmet...
    Acckk! Scary image indeed.

The setup has been conducive to some great trips. The Tiger is an excellent motorcycle.
    This is how it looks with luggage, mid trip (lycra and mtb shoes discretely stowed).

2009_09_24_091623-L.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by David Tollefson View Post
    Just as a datapoint, when I got my wife a first gen SV650s, I got a second seat and shaved it down (re-upholstered for $65 locally), then got new dogbones and had the rear end lowered, and dropped the triples. She's all of 5'3", and could flat-foot it on both sides at stops. The seat shaving wasn't a big deal -- using a wood rasp and taking my time, easily got another inch plus and maintained the shape. Might be worth exploring, whatever bike you end up with.
    She really likes her Guzzi, and she shaved the seat, and bought heel risers for her boots to try to get it to fit. It's still a little too tall for her though. We have a suspension lowering kit that we haven't installed yet. I need to measure where we're at on the seat height there, and go from there.

From what I can tell, the standard seat height for a standard or a cafe racer is ~30 inches, and that's too tall for her at 5'3", and short legs for her height.

Thanks for the input! I will update if/when we get something.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man. The last few MTB rides I've been on I was so cooked afterwards drinking a beer was a challenge.

No way would I have been up to riding back home. I envy you!
    Not Riding!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, I'm thinking this is going to be my gateway into something more serious down the road.....Tiger XRX??????

I'm really diggin not having a back pack on me anymore.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Not Riding!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just got home from my regular full moon insanity ride on the Aprilia. WTF is that? A insanely fast ride down this road on a moonlit night. Turn on the terrain feature to see just how much fun this is.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So with the sun rising and setting so low in the sky the last few weeks, I really have had a few occasions where I cant see even with a dark visor.

I get that the helmet companies can only offer a certain degree of dark visor for liability reasons for those knuckle heads that use them at night.

What I would love to see is a lens that was progressive. Really dark towards the top and lighter towards the bottom.

I have thought about buying a helmet with a visor but they just suck on the hwy.
    Not Riding!