Thread: Not icky at all

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Not icky at all

Quote Originally Posted by chancerider View Post
    Huh....is is the general opinion that the above is true? I hadn't really thought of it. Wondering if it's an age thing(?) I used the pic of Hill as example of a nice blue suit on a middle-aged guy, etc.. it was less about him, per se'..but he doesn't seem to be a bad looking man. I have also seen him over the years in long hair and a full beard. My incomplete sense of Hill is that he is a somewhat shy and private man, and perhaps that explains the facial hair, etc... Another pic below...just by way of me asking the forum population about facial hair....so really...it's a no-go? I see plenty of apparently bona fide cyclists sporting one...most whom look to be under 35. Weird new territory for me...asking other men about crap like this. Perskinal Growth, Ho!
    See, that's the thing, whenever you see someone that looks good with a goatee, they almost certainly look good inspite of the goatee. The same way that lookbooks full of weird ass clothes look good - they look good because the guys wearing them are tall and in great shape. Here's the results in Google Images. Scroll through, and think about which ones you think look good. Now, imagine Brad Pitt and DeCrapio with no facial hair or a beard. Better huh? Since most of us aren't as handsome as giant movie stars, we're probably better off going all out either way (beard or clean). On most people it just looks lazy, like you are willing to shave the easy parts, but can't be troubled with the fiddly bits.

Cody, who had a goatee at points in his youth (it looked bad)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cody.wms View Post
    See, that's the thing, whenever you see someone that looks good with a goatee, they almost certainly look good inspite of the goatee. The same way that lookbooks full of weird ass clothes look good - they look good because the guys wearing them are tall and in great shape. Here's the results in Google Images. Scroll through, and think about which ones you think look good. Now, imagine Brad Pitt and DeCrapio with no facial hair or a beard. Better huh? Since most of us aren't as handsome as giant movie stars, we're probably better off going all out either way (beard or clean). On most people it just looks lazy, like you are willing to shave the easy parts, but can't be troubled with the fiddly bits.

Cody, who had a goatee at points in his youth (it looked bad)
    I think you're on to something, but imo Evil Spock looks better because of the goatee.

- Matt, who also had a goatee at points and is thrilled to have moved on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sometimes a goatee looks good. Sometimes it just makes your face look like a dog's ass.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would never wear anything on my face that is commonly referred to as a "prison pussy."

But maybe that's just me.
    Got some cash
    Bought some wheels
    Took it out
    'Cross the fields
    Lost Control
    Hit a wall
    But we're alright

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chasea View Post
    I would never wear anything on my face that is commonly referred to as a "prison pussy."

But maybe that's just me.
    This saying mixed with "hair is the body's tupperware" gives me bad thoughts.
    Auk's words to live by:
    Blow up and pin a picture of M. Bartoli on your wall. When you achieve that position, stop. Until then, stretch, ride, stretch, ride, eat less, and ride more.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123