Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Portland: Job hunting?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Portland: Job hunting?

Seems like there are a fair number of P-towners here. Anyone have any advice on finding a job here (obviously there's CsL and monster, just wondering if there is anything else out there?).

I'm up for just about anything, bilingual, pretty wide set of experience and skills.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Portland: Job hunting?

Poached is good for the food biz/hospitality thing. Honestly, it's a meet people and make connections kind of place. My GF spent a few months shaking the right hands to land a job in TV production...but it only happened because of personal connections. Nothing was ever posted online. It's tough to show up here without a job, but easy to live cheap until something pops up. For graphics/ product design, it is a hotbed right now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Portland: Job hunting?

I moved out there a few years back after graduation and found it to be very competitive and difficult process... It's a great city but I was told that when I was out there they had one of the highest unemployment rates among educated people, hopefully that has changed some 5 years later... I ended up working at Trader Joes for a bit before realizing I needed to head back east. Best of luck to you in your search!