Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wart Removal Techniques

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Wart Removal Techniques

Anyone have any good wart removal techniques? I work in a professional setting so I don't want to have a piece of duct tape on my hand. Tempted to try it with a band aid over it, but wonder if there are other good cheap (non-doctor) alternatives that work.
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Wart Removal Techniques

This is my nominee for the "First VS Thread Subject" award.
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dude, doctors with liquid nitrogen are the worst. Huge blisters that pop, explosively spraying blood at the worst times...ask me how I know.

Do the following. At night tape/band-aid down a chunk of cotton soaked in apple cider vinegar over said wart. During the day, coat wart with clear nail polish. 3 days later it'll be gone. No co-pay. No pain. No blood explosions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An old family recipe that has worked for me:

• One ear of fresh, unshucked sweet corn (You're in NE so this should be easy. Store-bought will work but not as effective. Field corn won't have enough sugar content)
    • Grab the silk corn hairs tightly and peel back slowly down one side of the ear, noting any caterpillar poop trails on the tip - slice or snap that off you don't need these enzymes
    • Repeat on other sides until shucked, making sure to remove every last inch of silk you can pull off with a warted finger (you will thank me later)
    • Boil water, 2 T salt in a 4qt pan
    • Add ear(s) of corn, cover pot and reduce to med-high for 14min
    • Remove, let cool for 2 minutes then slather with butter, sea salt and a squeeze of lime (the corn, not the wart)
    • Eat in corkscrew or typewriter fashion & enjoy - making sure not to remove your lips from the ear until it's picked clean in one messy munch
    • Then place a drop of Compund W on the wart twice daily and watch it dissolve away

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A lot depends on how big and thick it is. Home remedies will work if it is still small, but once established, you will need to go at it with some strong stuff. Keep in mind that the part that you can see is dead and the actual living part of the wart is below that.

I'm all for liquid nitrogen. Single treatment should work for a smallish wart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a particularly stubborn wart on my big toe many years ago. I tried all the typical home remedies and then Compound-W. The Compound-W really only dissolved the healthy skin surrounding the wart, but not the wart itself.

Desperate times call for desperate action.

I pulled that mofo out with pliers. It looked like a miniature tree stump with roots and all. Filled the remaining hole with some generic salve and covered with a band-aid. I've been clean for over 30 years now. I may have taken a flame to the plier jaws to sterilize them prior to the "procedure." (I can see Wade nodding his head in approval here)

I'm considering opening a small practice specializing in wart removal, so PM me if you want to get on "the list." I plan to offer high-end spirits as an option to make for a more enjoyable, and possibly less painful experience.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In seriousness, my method was like - but slightly tamer - than Wayne's. Take fingernail clippers and clip the dead stuff off a little at a time, down until you hit nerve. Then clip once more if you can take it. There were little black roots I would dig out as if removing a splinter. Needle + good pair of tweezers. Pulled out as much as I could - some roots were impressively long. Went away after a couple of these extrication sessions. I always heard warts* aren't contagious but I only had them while dating this farm girl in high school that had them. None since we parted ways and she turned out to be a witch, so...

*hand warts, to be clear

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good luck. When I was in Jr. HS I had warts on two fingers. Finally I "worried them" to the point of bleeding and the immune defense my body mounted to heal them apparently worked!

Best advice I ever heard was from mom to a roomate. Mom was a high level microbiologist cancer research Doc, well known in some circles. Roommate knew of mom's reputation and was confident she would give a confidence inspiring answer. Mom's answer? "On a full moon night get drunk and hold a seance". I $hit thee not. Mom is a card.

If you have read this far. I think that almost anything works, it is important to believe in the outcome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bench grinder.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i had some on my hands years and years ago. i "worried" them off with teeth and razor blades/nail clippers. the "seed" warts don't bleed too much. cut 'em off/out enough and eventually they don't grow back. funny thing is I can still tell you exactly where they were located.

now i have a few small semi-plantar warts twixt my toes. i razor 'em back when i notice them. had a major plantar once-they bleed, but i cut it out anyway. dermatologist (told him ATF) said, yeah-they bleed-capillaries grow into them unlike the other type..

wp

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post
    Bench grinder.
    waterjet?

bead blaster?

lasik?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Several visits to a dermatologist who applied liquid nitrogen, while I applied salicylic acid between visits. Worked for me and killed a wart I'd had for at least 20 years.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

File them down to the live tissue then apply dry ice. Apply till the wart turns white, let it thaw and repeat five or six times in one sitting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dr. Scholl's Freeze Away - it may take more than one application, but beats visiting the Doc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm laughing at us. It's like sunday night 1/2 time living room banter among friends. Snort.

xxoo

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah this thread is funny. I'm glad I joined this site. Thought it would be more friendly than serotta (even though it's not bad). I think I will pass on the bench grinder and try digging them out. I tried burning it and the nerve off before. It stayed away for about 6 months and now has grown back into 3 parts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you could get all medieval/jackass on it and hit it with a hot iron.

scarring guaranteed, success depends upon your commitment.

youtube it for posterity/tosh.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wade,

I had a student who did that a couple of years ago. He cut it down as far as he could with a razor then strapped his hand to the arm of a chair with his belt and let another student take a red-hot nail to it.

Smelled bad but was entertaining as heck...
    laughter has no foreign accent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nothing new eh?

i'm more the self-surgery type.

wp

Quote Originally Posted by musgravecycles View Post
    Wade,

I had a student who did that a couple of years ago. He cut it down as far as he could with a razor then strapped his hand to the arm of a chair with his belt and let another student take a red-hot nail to it.

Smelled bad but was entertaining as heck...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wade, I will let you start. We can have a home surgery video sub forum and you can moderate. I really can't wait until we start talking about sebaceous cysts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast