User Tag List

Page 350 of 362 FirstFirst ... 340341342343344345346347348349350351352353354355356357358359360 ... LastLast
Results 6,981 to 7,000 of 7223

Thread: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Quote Originally Posted by JoB View Post
    - Alzheimers
    - Covid
    - Liars and other mean people

None of them are great but in combination ... oof, look out. Hope y'all are hanging in there.
    My mother-in-law passed away this morning from Alzheimers. I'm a firm believer that things could always be worse, not with this disease. Sending strength to you and yours for your journey through this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sincerely, thank you. It is an all-ecompassing, spares-nobody-in-the-family, tragedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Chad View Post
    My mother-in-law passed away this morning from Alzheimers. I'm a firm believer that things could always be worse, not with this disease. Sending strength to you and yours for your journey through this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My booster didn’t hurt or make me sick!

Sorry, wrong thread. Sorry for what you’re dealing with, JoB.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two weeks ago a very dear friend’s only child had a medical episode and a minor car crash but by the time the EMT’s got there (which was only 1 1/2 minutes after the immediate 911 call) she was totally non-responsive. She had had a similar episode 17 years ago when she was 15 and I was the responding and was thankfully able to bring her back.

Last night, Bruce and Bonnie had to make the decision and took her off of life support. She passed within an hour.

Hug your babies.
    « If I knew what I was doing, I’d be doing it right now »

-Jon Mandel

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eleanor Mazzotta: born December 10, 1916. Passed today, December 2, 2021. Just shy of 105.

She contracted the Great Flu as an infant in 1918 and lived. Contracted COVID last year, unvaccinated.... and lived.

Star basketball player and firecracker great aunt.

https://www.middletownpress.com/news...s-11774734.php

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

peace

my son seems to be recovering well from myocarditis, but there were ten minutes of serious discomfort before I reached my daughter and found that he was not dead, as the call from my wife had led me to believe

saw him last night at school and we just drove around and talked

so
    Jay Dwight

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fell asleep in my chair before I could post last night. My dad's neighborhood was all but destroyed by a tornado last Friday night. He's safe and his house is still standing, though damaged. A lot better than many/most of his neighbors. I spent four days there on roofs and cutting/moving trees. Heading back tonight. Water was restored a couple days ago, but still no electric or gas. And now thunderstorms are dumping big rains on everyone with unwelcome wind. Icing on the cake is that my grandma died last night. I've been fortunate in life in lots of ways, but sometimes the universe will throw you a few in a row and ducking gets harder with each one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Colonel - usually there is a spontaneously started thread with an informal "everyone ok?" roll call here at VSalon. This one seemed so monstrous I don't think anyone's jaw has left the floor yet. So we're all here glad that your dad is okay. Really terrific. And very sorry that your grandmother has passed. Seems cliché to say but with all that is going on these days, the ability of regular life events, the beginnings and endings and what goes on in between, to pack a wallop too sometimes gets forgotten. All the best.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wifey, the boys, and I went to a movie tonight. As we were pulling into our driveway, the youngest says his dad was coming to pick HIM up for dinner. Just him. Still no communication with the oldest.

Youngest gets back from dinner with his Christmas presents from his dad.

Nothing for the oldest. Not a word.

The oldest turns 17 on Christmas. I suspect this is going to be a tough one.
    -Dustin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just grumpy, due to impatience with wrist fusion recovery.
    I seem to be on the typical time schedule, but often wish I could fast forward a bit.
    Bitch and moan.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm juggling schedules to have enough maintenance guys to stay in production. My biggest losses are from folks who have to test due to exposure to a known case. Asymptomatic, but still out for five days after their test. I'm hoping the worst is about over and that I don't get sick even though I'm full up plus a recharge on my vaxx.
    Retired Sailor, Marine dad, semi-professional cyclist, fly fisherman, and Indian School STEM teacher.
    Assistant Operating Officer at Farm Soap homemade soaps. www.farmsoap.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

My boss might retire before me. I'm not sure I could work for anyone else in the current structure. I might have to rethink my exit. I planned on working until the retirement place was built, but supply chain issues are pushing housing starts back 12-18 months. If I'm still going to be here, there isn't much of reason to punch out yet.
    Retired Sailor, Marine dad, semi-professional cyclist, fly fisherman, and Indian School STEM teacher.
    Assistant Operating Officer at Farm Soap homemade soaps. www.farmsoap.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Someone took out a loan with my info...and it wasn't me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by defspace View Post
    Ach. Nightmare scenario. Hire reputable pros to help manage it.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like someone also had $10 in DoorDash delivered in California the same day. I guess committing fraud really works up the appetite.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like someone also had $10 in DoorDash delivered in California the same day. I guess committing fraud really works up the appetite.
    Anyway of getting the delivery address to the local constabulary?
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Either they're really dumb or they're very cleverly getting back at the ex or older sib they want to torment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some stupid asshole called in a threat to a high school the next town over and the kids were locked down for hours.
    My buddies’ daughter was one of them and the texts between her and her folks, while not frightening, are infuriating by the simple fact that they even exist.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got back to the mountains in the North Country at 11:30 PM last night. It was 45 degrees F and pouring rain. It rained all day and was about 40 F. There are puddles everywhere and the lake must have 6 inches of water on top of the ice.

The first world problem is that the 66 XC ski trails and 51 KM of fat bike trails are closed so that they don’t get totally destroyed as they are slush. And, downhill was a non-starter due to the heavy downpours and thus pretty crappy snow conditions. So, I was stuck doing a trainer ride today.

The all world problem is that it is February 17 and the high should be at most 20 at this time of year. And there should be no rain but there should be 3-4 inches of snow a day at this time of year. Why are there still folks who don’t think this is a problem? What kind of world are we leaving our kids????
    « If I knew what I was doing, I’d be doing it right now »

-Jon Mandel

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The weather weirdness seems to have resulted in my sinuses blocking and, due to a drive back upstate from the city last night, my inner ears stopping up. Headache was pretty incredible this morning, but now no headache and I can breath through my nose just fine. However I feel like the middle of my head has been removed and replaced with sound deadening foam.

Probably also has something to do with my leading a building manager search for our apartment building's board in NYC alongside the 80 year old outgoing board president. My body's immune response is a lobotomy.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books