User Tag List

Page 76 of 362 FirstFirst ... 666768697071727374757677787980818283848586 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 7224

Thread: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Quote Originally Posted by davids View Post
    These too.

But the thing about the "its/it's" mistake that makes it so freaking annoying is that it's ubiquitous. I not only see the mistake all over this forum, Facebook, and other social media sites, but in published advertising, marketing materials and even (occasionally) the press.

Grrr.
    The one I see everywhere; "Loose" for "Lose" WTF?????

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by davids View Post
    These too.

But the thing about the "its/it's" mistake that makes it so freaking annoying is that it's ubiquitous. I not only see the mistake all over this forum, Facebook, and other social media sites, but in published advertising, marketing materials and even (occasionally) the press.

Grrr.
    Whatevs. Hey what kind of breaks do you use? Do you breath hard when you climb?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Car was totaled Tuesday on the interstate. I had started to change lanes (to my right), car 2 lanes over abruptly. I came back fully into my lane. Never got even 1/2 way over the dotted line. guy behind me must have floored it as he saw me start to move over. Nailed me from behind. Cars locked together. Trunk half the size it was moments before. Bike in the trunk, bars bent and saddle bent.
    Guy driving the other car was nice enough about it, asked if I was ok. Next thing out of his mouth was about how he works for the solicitor. Funny enough, that was also one of the first things he said to the responding police officer. Police officer assured me the other guy was to blame and I should just get the car towed to the lot as the others guys insurance would have to cover the claim and rental.
    Well, I got the police report and no citation was given. No fault was assigned. And the narrative was written as if I had completely changed lanes then swerved back into the original lane. Great. Now his carrier is in the process of denying the claim.
    It's not about what you do, it's about who you know.
    Andrew
    Andrew Kimball
    Decatur, GA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Folks that think 'spoken nonsense', no matter how nonsensical, is a valid response to a question or a request.

I'm in the movie theater the other night. Its I-Max 3-D, so it is like $17 per ticket. A dude one row lower and one seat to my left.........wait for it........answers a call and starts talking on his phone. I very politely ask that he stop talking on his phone or leave the theater. His response is 'Hey, I am just talking to my kid'. As if that somehow is a logical response. I ask again, his repsonse 'I have a right to talk to my kid'.

Just effing nonsense that in his mind made perfect sense as a response. It reminded me of a post here a few weeks ago when some idiot's response to his dog attcking a guy on a bike was 'dogs have rights too'.

My grump is that there isn't a term or prase yet coined to perfectly describe this behavior.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grammar Nazis. I'm guilty of infractions though...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Heronseye View Post
    Im far from being a grammer/spelling nazi, but trust me, when you spend a singificant part of yer day reading stuff; errant punctuation and people THAT cant be bothered to correct there mistakes can get very old very quick. Presumably most people in our peer group advanced past the tenth grade and do not have a screw lose...

And so forth.

Trust me, there's a big difference between the occasional typo or grammar slip and sloppy writing that a suburban eighth grader wouldn't generate. I doubt you have much to worry about in this regard.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

grump 1. speaking of english - unique is a word that gets battered and bruised daily. it can not be qualified, as in: totally unique, absolutely unique, the most unique, etc...i see/hear this all the time and everywhere and it drives me nuts!

grump 2. the number of women at crossfit that absolutely kick my ass!
    you're not the lord of the flies

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mainemike View Post
    grump 1. speaking of english - unique is a word that gets battered and bruised daily. it can not be qualified, as in: totally unique, absolutely unique, the most unique, etc...i see/hear this all the time and everywhere and it drives me nuts!

grump 2. the number of women at crossfit that absolutely kick my ass!
    Hey... Kudos on not saying "the amount of women..."

... And I'm out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GAAP View Post
    snip...

My grump is that there isn't a term or prase yet coined to perfectly describe this behavior.
    closest i've come to a term is selfish

or, if you stroll about a half mile down the road from my street, i'd just call it normal (davids will know the "normal" people i'm referring to)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Heronseye View Post
    Me and her both makes mistakes some times.

Ou8UDbQq7kamsgXyE4Oppw2.jpeg
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by monadnocky View Post
    Im far from being a grammer/spelling nazi, but trust me, when you spend a singificant part of yer day reading stuff; errant punctuation and people THAT cant be bothered to correct there mistakes can get very old very quick. Presumably most people in our peer group advanced past the tenth grade and do not have a screw lose...

And so forth.

Trust me, there's a big difference between the occasional typo or grammar slip and sloppy writing that a suburban eighth grader wouldn't generate. I doubt you have much to worry about in this regard.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Britishbane View Post
    You mist a bunch.
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One more, braking when a vicious dog is chasing you down. Scene from last night’s group ride, pit bull starts chasing and I start to sprint. Guy in front hits brakes and I brake/skid to avoid him. Luckily, no crash or contact and vicious dog takes off to menace group 2 behind us.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No worries on the grammar thing, seems it's quite common.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The ambulance cut the Rapha off of me. That shits expensive.
    Got some cash
    Bought some wheels
    Took it out
    'Cross the fields
    Lost Control
    Hit a wall
    But we're alright

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WTF is it with drivers taking turns on the inside? Who do they think they are - Michael Schumacher? I almost got hit twice today, once as I was going around a 90 degree curve (high visibility both directions) and the oncoming driver was on the white line in my lane. Second time at a "T" intersection, tractor pulling a manure spreader all the way to the left in my lane. I don't get it.

And while we're on word usage, people that don't know the difference between "loose" and "lose" e.g., "I want to loose 5 pounds" and between "mute" and "moot".

That's all for now, but it's early.
    Greg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chasea View Post
    The ambulance cut the Rapha off of me. That shits expensive.
    yikes
    hope you are okay

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This: The Portland Press | Crowd Supply
    I'm all in favor of the little guy trying to do something better, but this just seems to be a bridge too twee.

Also- we had frost on Sunday and it touched 90F on Tuesday. No Spring for you! Come back, one year.
    my name is Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by robin3mj View Post
    This:
    The Portland Press | Crowd Supply

I'm all in favor of the little guy trying to do something better, but this just seems to be a bridge too twee.
    I hate to think of what the wood will look like after 6, 12, or 24 months of regular use. Wild guess: gross.

edit: this seems to take several trends (woodworking, buying locally made goods, handmade wool objects, coffee drinking) to their illogical conclusions.
    steve cortez

FNG

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GAAP View Post

That's what we like to call a self centered douchebag"
    Eric Doswell, aka Edoz
    Summoner of Crickets
    http://edozbicycles.wordpress.com/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/edozbicycles/
    In Before the Lock

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zetroc View Post
    I hate to think of what the wood will look like after 6, 12, or 24 months of regular use. Wild guess: gross.
    Not to mention the wool coozie, after maybe 3 uses.