User Tag List

Page 7 of 362 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

there are certainly worse problems to have and of course i know better/saw it coming like the balls on a tall dog, but: i met an attractive divorcee, young, no kids, well-off, great house on the water, likes sex, lots of sex. in fact: doesn't want a relationship just wants sex. perfect right? guess what she wants now? " a connection" "a little consideration as to her feelings" "do i like her?" "how come i'm not ever available on wknds"? and all that happy horse shit. women.
    you're not the lord of the flies

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You guys wake up early to get your crabby on.

The animals are driving me crazy. The puppy might have an ear infection and woke up early to let me know. The cat is an idiot. And the wife just left for the airport so I'm stuck with these jerks with the next 4 days.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Day trips to Topeka.
    my name is Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Across the hall. Atmosphere has gone to shit.

Mom: He was very sickly until he started riding around on that bicycle.

Dad: Yeah... well... now his body's fine, but his mind is gone.

-Breaking Away

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grump: my son woke us up at 3am and then took over our bed while i clung to the edge for another 2 hours of sleep
    Grump: dropped my chain just as the crack of dawn ride was ramping up the speed
    Not grump: got my chain back on and caught back on to the group
    Not grump: got 2.5 hours in before 8am and happily made my first bike commute to my new job (day 2)
    Not grump: OJ, toast, fruit, and cereal, all waiting for me for free at the new job (every morning!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't find things in the mess down near the airport. Car needs oil change. I wake up late and groggy as hell - drive around for 15 minutes in a haze looking for the dealership.

William Penn got this thing going with a brilliant grid. Somewhere along the way we abandoned it. Boooo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never been one to sulk, but I'm feeling pretty low lately. Some of what's bothering me will get better. Some of what's bothering me won't. And there's a bit of dread inside me I can't really ascribe to anything. That's the part that bothers me most.

Billions of people have it worse. And when I was younger that may have been enough to set me right again. But the older I get the less life is a contest - and that is a beautiful, positive thing on most counts. But I can't take comfort in knowing I have no right to complain. In fact, knowing I should quit my bitchin' just makes me feel worse; I know that I should shake this off, and for the first time I just can't.

I expect it will get better. And then one day it will get worse. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Synchronized diving. If it were really this popular, NBC, people would be watching it on cable during the intervening 208 weeks. They're not.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have something to crab about every day of the week but Thursdays. How the hell does that happen?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: What's chapping my @ss today?

Quote Originally Posted by mainemike View Post
    this drives me batshit crazy: i go into a convenience store to buy beer, get a coffee, whatever-and some guy/gal is saddled up to the counter w/their scratch tickets and lottery tickets, exchanging pieces of paper for more pieces of paper, trading in scratch tickets for more scratch tickets, strategically picking which ones they want....and so on, while i wait! there is one woman whom i see regularly, she leans onto the counter and takes up the whole thing, she has an organized bank zipper deposit bag thing, w/all her scratch tickets, lottery tickets, pieces of whatever the f they are, and just takes her sweet time while making small talk. unreal. howbout you just sit there and wait while i have a beer at the counter and talk about the f-ing weather?! this may be legal, but is by no means fair/right and sometimes i just wanna be like-yo, get the fuck out of my way! these folks think they're strategists, all serious w/their game-face on and its infuriating that i should have to sit and wait while someone gambles.
    recently this TOTALLY WINDS ME UP TOO

I have tried to stay away from this thread but the last week has seen me go from Not really giving a damn about these small trivialities to absolutely furious rage monster waiting to be tipped over the edge...If things carry on i will have a full list for next thursday

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by christian View Post
    Synchronized diving. If it were really this popular, NBC, people would be watching it on cable during the intervening 208 weeks. They're not.
    And if you and your buddy are going to be on a synchronized diving team, get together on your shave/no shave policy. They aren't judged on that, but the US team had Mr. Clean Shave and Mr. Yeti Legs (everything else was "done") up there together. I couldn't get past it.

My wife couldn't handle the male Japanese gymnast who looked like he was smuggling black squirrels under his armpits.

RP

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Axis II disorders.
    If you don't know what these are, consider yourself lucky and count yer blessings.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by King Of Dirk View Post
    I've never been one to sulk, but I'm feeling pretty low lately. Some of what's bothering me will get better. Some of what's bothering me won't. And there's a bit of dread inside me I can't really ascribe to anything. That's the part that bothers me most.

Billions of people have it worse. And when I was younger that may have been enough to set me right again. But the older I get the less life is a contest - and that is a beautiful, positive thing on most counts. But I can't take comfort in knowing I have no right to complain. In fact, knowing I should quit my bitchin' just makes me feel worse; I know that I should shake this off, and for the first time I just can't.

I expect it will get better. And then one day it will get worse. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.
    Like I was writing it myself

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People who drive/turn through crosswalks while there are people crossing. People who walk through crosswalks when it says don't walk while drivers are waiting to turn. Self important a**holes. F**k you you f**king f**ks!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, Jayme reminded me. I'm turning into the parking garage to go to PT. Out strolls a person absorbed in their smart phone. They become so absorbed the walking part of their brain runs out of brain cycles, all of them are now allocated to the smart phone. Nobody behind me can see the person but all they can see is me stopped waiting to turn right into what looks like an empty driveway. Honks ensue. Person remains oblivious. Boy, did I want to run them over, it would have been handy to the hospital and all, but I would have scratched the paint on my car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the last week, three different people have used the phrase "reach out" in emails on which I am either copied or the primary recipient. "If you have a Telepresence meeting scheduled today, IT will reach out to you to make alternative arrangements." "Of course if there are any questions / requests please don't hesitate in reaching out to me." Et cetera, ad nauseum.

What if, in lieu of reaching out to you, I just called or emailed? Or would that not be muthafukinbizspeakbuzzworddouchebaggerific enough for you?

Better now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Coffee cup is bigger than the one I normally use. Greater volume means an increased surface area leading to more rapid cooling resulting in a big cup of lukewarm coffee instead of a smaller cup of hot coffee.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaq View Post
    Coffee cup is bigger than the one I normally use. Greater volume means an increased surface area leading to more rapid cooling resulting in a big cup of lukewarm coffee instead of a smaller cup of hot coffee.
    Well played. This sucks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My July blew. A funeral for my Grandmother and my Father in Law. A burst pipe that flooded out the master bedroom. My wife had post cancer reconstructive surgery.Training a new Assistant and catching some extra projects.

I was looking forward to August settling down. I was able to actually ride my bike last week. The first week of the year that I have been able to put in over 100 miles.

This is me last night after crawling under the house to retrieve the large, bloated, very dead possum from the farthest corner under my house.

I am very happy the market on the next block has good beer in stock. Goose Island Belgian style ale is good medicine.

The smell is still stuck in my nose.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by King Of Dirk View Post
    In the last week, three different people have used the phrase "reach out" in emails on which I am either copied or the primary recipient. "If you have a Telepresence meeting scheduled today, IT will reach out to you to make alternative arrangements." "Of course if there are any questions / requests please don't hesitate in reaching out to me." Et cetera, ad nauseum.

What if, in lieu of reaching out to you, I just called or emailed? Or would that not be muthafukinbizspeakbuzzworddouchebaggerific enough for you?

Better now.
    GRRRRR I hate this. How about I "reach out" to you by "punching you in the neck?"