User Tag List

Page 6 of 362 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

The North Carolina state legislature that spends billions upon billions turning two lane roads into four lane divided highways (and four lane highways into six lane highways, and building outer loops for suburbanites that demand a quick commute to their workplace 25 miles away) but can't force the DOT to pave the shoulders and fix the potholes on the roads getting out into the countryside. (or re-time the lights to favor cross town east west inner city traffic instead of long distance north sout commuters speeding through the inner city neighborhoods to get to their culdesace out yonder.
    "Beauty is the visible expression of man's pleasure in labor."—Frederic Goudy

Dave Wofford . | . H O R S E . & . B U G G Y . P R E S S
    graphic design, letterpress printing, fine press books and more . . . for the jet age and beyond.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doing the floral arrangements on a yuuuuuge estate/ farm in Westchester. A lot more money, but the same obsession with Asian decor. What is with Jewish women and Asian decor? This place just looks like my mom's house if my mom were a billionaire.
    Got some cash
    Bought some wheels
    Took it out
    'Cross the fields
    Lost Control
    Hit a wall
    But we're alright

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Begs the question"

But that's not really what has me fuming right now.

Reviewing a presentation, meeting starts late so no chance in getting through it, interrupted constantly by "Are you going to mention..." "Are you going to talk about..." "You need to develop the theme of..."

If you'd shut your damn pie hole and let me get through the goddamn thing maybe you'd see I thought of that you gibbering moron.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The next person who says or types "Wow. Just Wow" within my earshot/eyeshot is getting punched in the face or through the interwebz somehow.

RP

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shoney View Post
    Look at my special family moms. You know who I mean. My wife and I call them "loud talkers". "Oh Taylor, you found a rock! On the ground! I believe that is a piece of granite from the pleistocene era. When daddy returns from Gstaad, we can share it with him during mineral time!" Every mundane thing is a chance to publicly declare (to people who don't care) how special you and your kids are. Hey lady, your kid picks his nose and your husband visits dirty websites.
    I laughed out loud when I read this. Your grump is my anti grump.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post

Reviewing a presentation, meeting starts late so no chance in getting through it, interrupted constantly by "Are you going to mention..." "Are you going to talk about..." "You need to develop the theme of..."

If you'd shut your damn pie hole and let me get through the goddamn thing maybe you'd see I thought of that you gibbering moron.
    I recently had to explain to an internal stakeholder where to find their campaign revenue performance. I've been sending them the report which clearly outlines this performance...for a year.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thule's completely useless, contradictory, and puzzling web-based fit guide. Finding the Higgs Boson is simpler.

... and on a completely unrelated note, anyone out there know what feet/adapter kit/whatever I need to buy to get my rack on a '12 Impreza with the integrated factory "holes" (now covered by a cap)?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Every couple of years or so (today happened to be the day) a bee or a wasp bounces off the inside of my arm/elbow and lands on my upper thigh/groin where they sting me. Fucking things are so painful and I'm left grabbing at my crotch for a half hour trying to rub away the pain.

Must look fantastic for passing motorists.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Calling a bank and getting an automated service which refers to itself in the first person. As in, "Briefly, how can I help you today?" Me, "Get me a real human on the phone". It, "OK, Right away, but first I'll need some basic information in order to direct your call to the right person". And on and on it goes until I get a real person.

Automated call answering at companies pisses me off.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saab2000 View Post
    I'm with TooTall on this one. We need more, not less, rim choice for aluminum tubular rims. And give me a freaking offset option for rear wheels. It does make a difference.

Here's my Thursday grump.

• I'm off the bike for several weeks. I'm OK with it now. Let's see how much of a raging beast I am in 2 weeks.
    • I'm out of work for several weeks. Sick time is good but I will get bored. Thankfully it's summer. Pretty girls in sun dresses beckon, so maybe this ain't so bad.
    Go chill in Grand Haven for a while. Get a place on the beach. Get lots of beer. Decompress. Nice spot in the summertime.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maunahaole View Post
    Go chill in Grand Haven for a while. Get a place on the beach. Get lots of beer. Decompress. Nice spot in the summertime.
    We were on our way to Grand Haven when I fell off. It's a nice ride out to there. I do need to go get some beer and some victuals for the evening though. This is going to be the longest break I've taken from anything in nearly 9 years since I left Switzerland after being pushed out of my old airline there along with 600 of my closest friends.

I will chill. And I will not disturb the continuity of this bitching and moaning thread anymore!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Painkillers + Musical Fountain FTW

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chillin's we have only 5 more hrs. of grump-time.
    Don't be shy, get it out you miserable sods.

Some inspiration:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The increasing political-zation and cause-ization of my Facebook feed, which devolves into sniping between the firm Lefties and firm Righties, as opposed to actual adult discourse.

I'm thinking once the Olympics are over I may have to log off until after Election Day.
    my name is Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The segmentation of bike vs. real world stuff. That kinda bugs me.
    "Old and standing in the way of progress"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Priuses (or whatever the freaking plural of Prius is) in the fast lane. You didn't buy that car to drive over here so move over. BTW, Atlanta has 6 freaking lanes in one direction. Why do people feel they have to be in the far left lane to drive 60mph?
    killing idols one at a time

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Extreme San Diego homerism. Every San Diegan I've met seems to think San Diego is clearly the only reasonable place to live, citing the weather, beaches, fish tacos, hot women, beer, beaches, and everything else that San Diegans deem important. Never mind that the whole place looks like a spanish style strip mall and the best breweries are spread across a 2500 square mile tangle of 8 lane freeways and brown hills dotted with beige condos housing botoxed plastic people.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bcm119 View Post
    Extreme San Diego homerism. Every San Diegan I've met seems to think San Diego is clearly the only reasonable place to live, citing the weather, beaches, fish tacos, hot women, beer, beaches, and everything else that San Diegans deem important. Never mind that the whole place looks like a spanish style strip mall and the best breweries are spread across a 2500 square mile tangle of 8 lane freeways and brown hills dotted with beige condos housing botoxed plastic people.
    On that sour note say ta ta to another tortured torrid thursday. See you next week.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to Grumpy Thursday August 2, 2012 now go away.

$2.50 That is the newstand price you pay fir the New York Time in order for you to look all stoic n' shit while you spill your Grande S.American Sphinx Minx blend over the Weekend Styles Section

The buyers model is upside effin' down. Large newspapers should give it away at firesale prices to generate ad revenue and lost leader electronic media interest nes pas?
    Basically, I'm PO that the pleasurable experience of holding newsprint has become such a symbol of affluence when in my experience it is the polar opposite.
    Grump away y'all it's THURSDAY.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forgot work shirt, so I am wearing a bike jersey that I just rode 10 miles in. Ewww.

At least it's Rapha.
    Start slow, then taper off.