User Tag List

Page 5 of 362 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: What's chapping my @ss today?

Quote Originally Posted by burgess1108 View Post
    Cue sheets on a Tuesday night club ride. We do circles around town. You're not going to get lost.
    But without the sheet they might not ride the same exact route and wouldn't be able to compare d*ck length later on Strava.

Byzantine corporate reporting systems that delay the outputs I need so that I'm still working at 10:30.

Coffee shop workers (I will not call them baristas) that would rather chat it up with their flat cap wearing unemployed buddies than learn how to make steamed milk in any texture other than soap bubble.

Oh, and Strava.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: What's chapping my @ss today?

That caps another terrible Thursday as Weasel (WHFS) would say.
    See you next week, you miserable b@stards.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Newark airport. What a dysfunctional shithole. Especially when dealing with customs and a bout of stomach flu.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Quote Originally Posted by maunahaole View Post
    Newark airport. What a dysfunctional shithole. Especially when dealing with customs and a bout of stomach flu.
    Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. For you it's thursday, eff em.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to Grumpy Thursday July 26, 2012 what's your freakin' issue?

Today? Me? There are only a weak selection of tubular rims to build that are worthy of the abundant supply of fantastic tubular tyres. What the he!! is wrong with Mavic that they can't put some elbow grease into tooling and fix the Reflex rim? That rim could dominate the market but nooooooooooo. Nemesis, I don't know what y'll are smoking but your tooling is shot....fix it. That rim on namesake alone will sell til the cows come home save one thing...the ferrules pull out WAKE the eff up. The only tubular rim that I can get two seasons from and is not a piece of junk are the Velocity Escapes. One rim to rule them all. Why am I grumpy? I'm sick of building wheels and it never used to be this way. I used to ride my wheels until the brake tracks were wavy d@mnit. Somebody say amen.

This is a river I can not cross, there is no shore in sight. The forces are beckoning me to switch to production wheels. Grumble.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Amen, bro. WTF to Mavic. I even asked their rep WTF at Sea Otter a few years ago. Blank stare.

Jon

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post

Today? Me? There are only a weak selection of tubular rims to build that are worthy of the abundant supply of fantastic tubular tyres. What the he!! is wrong with Mavic that they can't put some elbow grease into tooling and fix the Reflex rim? That rim could dominate the market but nooooooooooo. Nemesis, I don't know what y'll are smoking but your tooling is shot....fix it. That rim on namesake alone will sell til the cows come home save one thing...the ferrules pull out WAKE the eff up. The only tubular rim that I can get two seasons from and is not a piece of junk are the Velocity Escapes. One rim to rule them all. Why am I grumpy? I'm sick of building wheels and it never used to be this way. I used to ride my wheels until the brake tracks were wavy d@mnit. Somebody say amen.

This is a river I can not cross, there is no shore in sight. The forces are beckoning me to switch to production wheels. Grumble.
    And they should put the Exalith treatment on the brake track. That would be cool.

My grump of the day/always.

People using parts not designed to work with each other and then complaining or wondering why they don't function properly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Come to the dark side, Tall Man. Glue is for sniffing, not putting tires on.

Start slow, then taper off.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Torn meniscus makes me grumpy. Going to physical therapy today.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

James thanks for offering to stock my shop with replacement wheels. Offer accepted. I do not hear any disgust, whoa, angst or even the merest hint of anger in your statement. Bite me. xxooo

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

James thanks for offering to stock my shop with replacement wheels. Offer accepted. I do not hear any disgust, whoa, angst or even the merest hint of anger in your statement. Bite me. xxooo
    SteveP and I are collecting change found on the road; yesterday I found a quarter. We're most of the way to outfitting your fleet.

OK. I'M GRUMPING ABOUT RAIN AND THUNDERSTORMS TODAY. GRUMP. GRUMBLE. SHOUT.
    Start slow, then taper off.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3 appendages covered w/stinging nettles, and then the a/c eats itself.
    Bad f'ing night.
    Chapped.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look at my special family moms. You know who I mean. My wife and I call them "loud talkers". "Oh Taylor, you found a rock! On the ground! I believe that is a piece of granite from the pleistocene era. When daddy returns from Gstaad, we can share it with him during mineral time!" Every mundane thing is a chance to publicly declare (to people who don't care) how special you and your kids are. Hey lady, your kid picks his nose and your husband visits dirty websites.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Electric bicycles (e-bikes they call 'em) on bike paths really bug me, but today I see an obese woman riding one, smoking a f'ing cigarette while a 10 year old girl (daughter?) rode along. Plus, the pedals had been taken off and there was no possibility of her actually pedalling.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i am so sick of hearing this: really?
    its been beaten to death to say the least. not funny, not original-though every time some dipshit says it, thats exactly what they thing they're being.
    you're not the lord of the flies

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yesterday on the way to daycare, I saw a SUV honk repeatedly at a little boy (5ish?) and his parent who were trying to cross the street on their bikes while in the crosswalk. All so the SUV could make a right turn a few seconds faster.

Honking at little kids is just not cool. Still pissed off about it today.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mainemike View Post
    its been beaten to death to say the least. not funny, not original-though every time some dipshit says it, thats exactly what they thing they're being.
    ohhh man, with you here, well beyond the "like" button. it's "don't go there" 2.0
    my wife's friend says it so often we have to constantly stifle laughter. it's getting uncomfortable.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm with TooTall on this one. We need more, not less, rim choice for aluminum tubular rims. And give me a freaking offset option for rear wheels. It does make a difference.

Here's my Thursday grump.

• I'm off the bike for several weeks. I'm OK with it now. Let's see how much of a raging beast I am in 2 weeks.
    • I'm out of work for several weeks. Sick time is good but I will get bored. Thankfully it's summer. Pretty girls in sun dresses beckon, so maybe this ain't so bad.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mainemike View Post
    Hey, it's my grump. Let me grump it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Far*&* banks. I have tried for 3 months to close an account. Paid them a $50 fee to close the account 5/2, still can't get it done. WT*?