User Tag List

Page 355 of 362 FirstFirst ... 345346347348349350351352353354355356357358359360361362 LastLast
Results 7,081 to 7,100 of 7223

Thread: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Yikes. Speedy recovery!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by htwoopup View Post

Waiting to go to MRI. Best case 2 weeks worst case 8 weeks.
    Get well soon.
    They'll start calling you Minnie Pearl if you don't cut the price tag off.
    Last edited by johnmdesigner; 03-16-2023 at 02:01 PM. Reason: spelling

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty fancy boot!

Tough way to get one though. Best of luck with the MRI and quick healing after.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Monday, I had one of those rearendoscopies. When I woke up in recovery I could barely swallow and I was coughing up awful stuff. The nurse told me that they had used suction in my throat during the procedure.
    That evening I lost my voice.
    Aren’t suction tubes used in surgery supposed to have a rounded end? The entire back of my soft pallet and throat was destroyed.
    And no record of the incident in the patient notes when the nurse called me the next morning. Seems unprofessional to me.
    I’m better now and the end that they were supposed to work on is fine. I guess I’ll never know what happened.
    A case from Astor Wine shows up tomorrow so that will cheer me up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by johnmdesigner View Post
    Monday, I had one of those rearendoscopies. When I woke up in recovery I could barely swallow and I was coughing up awful stuff. The nurse told me that they had used suction in my throat during the procedure.
    Aren’t suction tubes used in surgery supposed to have a rounded end? The entire back of my soft pallet and throat was destroyed.
    And no record of the incident in the patient notes when the nurse called me the next morning. Seems unprofessional to me.
    I’m better now and the end that they were supposed to work on is fine. I guess I’ll never know what happened.
    I've had that done twice and each time I was sedated, not under general anesthesia. Nothing on my face, just a really nice nap. I would have a lot of questions for the doctor.
    Retired Sailor, Marine dad, semi-professional cyclist, fly fisherman, and Indian School STEM teacher.
    Assistant Operating Officer at Farm Soap homemade soaps. www.farmsoap.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, I just had the intravenous anesthetic, nothing on the face or mouth, that's why I'm unhappy about the explanation.
    I haven't had good experiences with the medical establishment lately.
    Bad reviews are flying out of my computer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by johnmdesigner View Post
    Maybe one of these scopes was used and they had use suction to retrieve the plastic end part that falls off.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/03/24/h...enoscopes.html
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

ldamelio is offline emperor of time, space and all dimensions known and unknown
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post
    Maybe one of these scopes was used and they had use suction to retrieve the plastic end part that falls off.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/03/24/h...enoscopes.html
    Completely different device for a completely different procedure. Sounds like there were some anesthesia issues with level of sedation and airway management in John's case. Impossible to discern the particulars without having been there.
    Lou D'Amelio
    Bucks County PA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If given the choice, screen with Cologuard
    Frame building since 2001
    http://restlesscustombikes.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ldamelio View Post
    Completely different device for a completely different procedure. Sounds like there were some anesthesia issues with level of sedation and airway management in John's case. Impossible to discern the particulars without having been there.
    Yeah,I think it is this too.
    The article about the faulty tubes is disgusting.
    I feel very fortunate to have always been in good health. Just trying to do these (very expensive) explorations before I transition to Medicare.
    I’ve only found about 5 good doctors I trust in 40 years of living in NYC. Down to 4 now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Beaudoin View Post
    If given the choice, screen with Cologuard
    NOT FOR EVERYONE. I don't want to get into a protracted discussion here. Cologuard has a place, but folks should check with a trusted primary physician regarding their best screening option based on their individual risk profile. You wouldn't get your custom frameset advice on a medical site; don't get your medical advice here on a bike forum, even from knowledgeable participating docs. Including me.
    Lou D'Amelio
    Bucks County PA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NOT FOR EVERYONE. I don't want to get into a protracted discussion here. Cologuard has a place, but folks should check with a trusted primary physician regarding their best screening option based on their individual risk profile. You wouldn't get your custom frameset advice on a medical site; don't get your medical advice here on a bike forum, even from knowledgeable participating docs. Including me.
    Yeah definitely not from me. I saw endoscopy and sore throat and got the whole thing wrong way round. Getting a sore throat from a colonoscopy would be something indeed. Amazing steering by the Doc!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree, that’s why I said “if given the choice” - your health care provider must first determine which choices you get.
    Frame building since 2001
    http://restlesscustombikes.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Beaudoin View Post
    I agree, that’s why I said “if given the choice” - your health care provider must first determine which choices you get.
    Cool. Understood.
    Lou D'Amelio
    Bucks County PA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I live in Hualapai Valley in NW Arizona and we're turning into the next Dust Bowl. Thousands of acres of desert have been plowed under to plant nut trees which require a lot of irrigation. Wells in this area are 1,000 feet deep to hit the water table, which is dropping. Deserts aren't for growing trees, especially nut trees that require heavy irrigation. Yesterday, we had 30+ mph winds from the southwest which cause a huge dust storm. All those scrub brushes, cacti, and grasses hold down the soil, unless you plow them under.
    Retired Sailor, Marine dad, semi-professional cyclist, fly fisherman, and Indian School STEM teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll do my push-ups but not too many cause... weather gets nice and I start feeling frisky on the bike so I get sick, natch. Works every time. Could be tree allergies but if it is this year added a bunch of "but wait there's more!" symptoms. Pffftth. I'm in a foul mood. I'm going to do yard work and mutter darkly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tennessee is CMA this week.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-04-...rash/102208480

But hey the E Bike rider going wrong way apologizes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Minor grump in the scheme of things but I got hit like a ton of bricks with something (likely viral) that knocked me on my a** for the last ten days. Profound fatigue and minor GI upset, no other symptoms (Covid tested negative). I had been getting in tons of miles this winter and early spring (thanks climate change!!!) and was in great shape for a 62 year old never was. Went out for the first time in a while today and I'm wiped after a routine two hour ride. I had to restrain myself from giving the finger to the chubster on the e-bike who was a little too gleeful as he whirred past me on the only meaningful climb.

I'll ride every other day for a while to allow recovery and hope that the miles in the bank get me back to where I was quickly.
    Lou D'Amelio
    Bucks County PA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This has been a really bad spring with allergies. We had record precipitation over the winter so the desert is green with huge patches of flowering plants. I am taking allergy meds to get through it, but even the non-drowsy stuff makes me drowsy. I just have to muscle through. When we get to Wyoming next month, same thing, record snow and rain will make everything bloom.