User Tag List

Page 347 of 362 FirstFirst ... 337338339340341342343344345346347348349350351352353354355356357 ... LastLast
Results 6,921 to 6,940 of 7223

Thread: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Is that some kind of registration sticker on it or maybe a registration number blacked out? Somebody did something similar down the road from my brother one time and he went and found a couple of envelopes in the pile, went over to their house and said they might want to go back and clean it up before he made a couple phone calls.
    Tom Ambros

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Is that some kind of registration sticker on it or maybe a registration number blacked out? Somebody did something similar down the road from my brother one time and he went and found a couple of envelopes in the pile, went over to their house and said they might want to go back and clean it up before he made a couple phone calls.
    See the hole in the side? They cut it out.

Not the easiest spot to dump it, either, so folks are thinking it is someone local, but who knows.

SPP
    My name is Peter Miller.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pete…perhaps that old boat registration sticker might be a lead?
    rw saunders
    hey, how lucky can one man get.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rwsaunders View Post
    Pete…perhaps that old boat registration sticker might be a lead?
    Town is on it...we'll see what they find.

SPP
    My name is Peter Miller.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SlowPokePete View Post
    Town is on it...we'll see what they find. SPP
    It looks like the backed out area said S.S. Minnow...
    rw saunders

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Town is on it...we'll see what they find.

SPP
    You can also contact the enforcement branch of the DEC, if the town hasn't already contacted them.

https://www.dec.ny.gov/regulations/2437.html

And then there is always Instagram. Town should put the photo on their Instagram with a "Have you seen this boat?" query.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post
    You can also contact the enforcement branch of the DEC, if the town hasn't already contacted them.

https://www.dec.ny.gov/regulations/2437.html

And then there is always Instagram. Town should put the photo on their Instagram with a "Have you seen this boat?" query.
    Not to make light of littering, but based on proximity alone, I can't help thinking about this classic...

Greg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some asshole dumped a 25' boat full of old tires into the woods on the side of the dirt road right up the street from my house.
    SPP
    If I believed in Hell I'd get a smug satisfaction that guy would have a special place. What a piece of shit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It's Friday now, but yesterday evening, our almost 15 year old border collie pretty much lost the use of his back legs. It's gotten progressively worse but he didn't seem to be in any pain, but this morning he was giving us "the look" as my wife picked up his rear end so he could stand long enough to pee. We have an 11:30 appointment at the vet's.
    Retired Sailor, Marine dad, semi-professional cyclist, fly fisherman, and Indian School STEM teacher.
    Assistant Operating Officer at Farm Soap homemade soaps. www.farmsoap.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

My employer hired a corporate level engineer to be in charge of innovation. He is anti-vaxx, will argue that the earth is only 5000 years old, and says C14 dating is a hoax. I really can't take him seriously.
    Retired Sailor, Marine dad, semi-professional cyclist, fly fisherman, and Indian School STEM teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it Thursday already? Sheesh.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bigbill View Post
    My employer hired a corporate level engineer to be in charge of innovation. He is anti-vaxx, will argue that the earth is only 5000 years old, and says C14 dating is a hoax. I really can't take him seriously.
    lol, this is actually funny. i wonder how this person got hired? i mean, it used to be that religion and politics were simply not talked about in a professional setting, but if someone these days is an outspoken anti vaxxer with all the non science based baggage that comes with that... i dont know how anyone can think that person could be a good engineer, let alone one in charge of innovation!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WTH--corporate level? Safety should be integral to innovation, which can't be true given that level of anti-science delusion. Wow--says something worse about the company in my opinion. I guess the pudding would be to task him to innovate to increase vaccination to 95% and see how he does.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
    lol, this is actually funny. i wonder how this person got hired? i mean, it used to be that religion and politics were simply not talked about in a professional setting, but if someone these days is an outspoken anti vaxxer with all the non science based baggage that comes with that... i dont know how anyone can think that person could be a good engineer, let alone one in charge of innovation!
    The entertaining part for me is his use of positional authority to win arguments. I let him know I don't report to him but quickly added that I wasn't interested in arguing with him as well, I'd just end up dumber for it. He left, we're back on our own again and somehow the lights are still on and product is going in trucks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimcav View Post
    WTH--corporate level? Safety should be integral to innovation, which can't be true given that level of anti-science delusion. Wow--says something worse about the company in my opinion. I guess the pudding would be to task him to innovate to increase vaccination to 95% and see how he does.
    That's a great idea.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So our town chip sealed the shit out of a bunch of the roads, including mine.

The tar they lay down first won't even come off a bare ti frame with acetone.

I picked up at least a hundred of these metal "bristles" from the road in front of my house before they laid down the tar and chip seal...they are VERY stiff and would no doubt puncture any pneumatic tire, be it bicycle, motorcycle, car, or truck...

These come from a giant roller brush on a machine they use to "sweep" the road in preparation for the chip seal.

August 19, 2021 by SPP™ SlowPokePete, on Flickr

And, I woke up to a flat tire from yesterday's ride. Fully expected to find a piece of that wire in there, but....

nope, it was a piece of the chip seal embedded in the casing.'

There's gotta be a better way, cause this is bullshit.

SPP
    My name is Peter Miller.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dang that is an awesome on topic grump. That ought to be in the local news consumer protection segment with a goal/plan to get flat tires reimbursed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How does he explain the dinosaurs?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So our town chip sealed the shit out of a bunch of the roads, including mine.

The tar they lay down first won't even come off a bare ti frame with acetone.

I picked up at least a hundred of these metal "bristles" from the road in front of my house before they laid down the tar and chip seal...they are VERY stiff and would no doubt puncture any pneumatic tire, be it bicycle, motorcycle, car, or truck...

These come from a giant roller brush on a machine they use to "sweep" the road in preparation for the chip seal.

August 19, 2021 by SPP™ SlowPokePete, on Flickr

And, I woke up to a flat tire from yesterday's ride. Fully expected to find a piece of that wire in there, but....

nope, it was a piece of the chip seal embedded in the casing.'

There's gotta be a better way, cause this is bullshit.

SPP
    Locals say it is because out-of-towners like you and me complained about dust from the dirt roads. The real reason is that chip seal is cheaper than item 4 gravel and easier to plow in winter (plus easier on the equipment.) And obviously you & I would rather have the gravel.

But you should post that photo of the wires with explanation on Instagram as the town follows your Instagram. Crews shouldn’t leave that stuff around. Even a local would complain about that. ;-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pete…try Kerosene on the tar or WD-40.
    rw saunders