User Tag List

Page 346 of 362 FirstFirst ... 336337338339340341342343344345346347348349350351352353354355356 ... LastLast
Results 6,901 to 6,920 of 7223

Thread: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

We're hearing that we can remove masks at work once our workforce reaches 50% vaccinated. We're using the honor system to self-report. It will be great to get out of masks, but I have no faith in most folks who currently aren't vaccinated.
    Retired Sailor, Marine dad, semi-professional cyclist, fly fisherman, and Indian School STEM teacher.
    Assistant Operating Officer at Farm Soap homemade soaps. www.farmsoap.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Handymen.
    It really is near impossible to find someone competent and willing to come in and cut and replace some bathroom tiles and do grouting.
    I've now contacted 7 people. The competent ones only want to remodel the entire bathroom. The lousy ones show up with a dirty backpack of hand tools and no tile cutter even though I specifically told them new tiles need to be cut and installed. No way am I going to let them start tearing out tile. The worst ones are the guys who come take a look (even after I've sent them extensive photos and was very precise in my requests) tell you they will work up an estimate and then you never hear from them again.
    I filled the gap with clear silicone calking today. I give up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bicycle companies that just cancel the remainder of this season's orders. Place an order for bicycles that will arrive in October. That is the suggested solution? Small and mid-sized bicycle shops are going to have a very tough second half of 2021.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had to wait almost a week to post this one. For obvious reasons I can't do pushups.

Last Friday left me with a clavicle fracture and a type II shoulder separation. The CC ligaments are still intact but ripped the insertion points off the clavicle ("avulsion" for the Wordish Wednesday thread). I hoped to go into surgery today but a puncture wound on the shoulder (I think I landed on an axle) needs to heal before surgery can take place.

Due to silly HR rules, I can't work this week if I want to be able to work PT as I recover from surgery. I am bored out of my mind. Action movies get dull after the first two.

It's my second time to break this clavicle. I'm hopeful it'll heal as well as it did the last time. It's not the end of the world, but boy it sure is a drag. I'm lucky to have good medical and social support (and Vsalon) on my side.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The family left at 1030 for a veterinarian appt, came back at 1130 to our now split beautiful hackberry tree��. No wind, weather, etc. glad no one was hurt.this is about 1/3 of the canopy.
    1A38E585-5C51-4104-93BC-6BDA372059B0.jpeg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AF218F02-7661-4E15-BC37-7D0165AAF034.jpeg

Fortunately it didn’t hit the neighbor’s house.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Amunrud View Post
    The family left at 1030 for a veterinarian appt, came back at 1130 to our now split beautiful hackberry tree��. No wind, weather, etc. glad no one was hurt.this is about 1/3 of the canopy.
    1A38E585-5C51-4104-93BC-6BDA372059B0.jpeg
    Feel your pain.

Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t think I’d mess with that one either. Spent a year on a tree trimming crew. I did feel comfortable with this one.
    6F346CBA-1B97-430F-B161-698895D8CD08.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

My county (Mohave) is the worst county for Covid in the state of Arizona. We're looking at "hot spot" and wearing masks again at work, even if vaccinated.
    Retired Sailor, Marine dad, semi-professional cyclist, fly fisherman, and Indian School STEM teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't wanted to even get on the bike for the past two weeks and it is midsummer. Karen says it is work stress. Used to be that's how I dealt with work stress. Bastards have beat me. For now. 14 months.
    Tom Ambros

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Round two. One of the guys on my team from India, a contractor, his father-in-law died last night. His manager from the company he works directly for, an American in Texas, wrote an email in response expressing sympathy. It included this sentence:

"Out thought are with hm and the family."

Yeah, nothing says sincerity like bothering to spell all the words right.
    Tom Ambros

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    I haven't wanted to even get on the bike for the past two weeks and it is midsummer. Karen says it is work stress. Used to be that's how I dealt with work stress. Bastards have beat me. For now. 14 months.
    I was having my biggest hours/mileage month in a while through about last week, and hit a wall myself. A couple lunchtime runs and that's it.
    Same boat as you. Work stress, (extended) family COVID behaviors, etc.

Gonna try and log off at 3pm today and go for a roll.

Hang in there.
    my name is Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Sure it's Friday now, but I have an additional grump. My afternoon MTB routes have been hit with three consecutive monsoons, undercutting the banks of desert wash drop-ins, eroding out sections of trail, and leaving deep patches of sand everywhere. As much as I complain about them, I really need the jackasses on their 4 wheelers to groom the trails.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a day late with my huge grump.
    Finally received my Shimano M9100 XTR pedals yesterday.
    I switched from the now dead Speedplay Frogs which I loved.
    Thus far nothing good to say about the replacements.
    More difficult to enter and exit.
    Aesthetically they look like robotic joints.
    I'll have to let time determine if there is a long term relationship.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bironi View Post
    Reduce the tension on the pedals to lowest (easiest release) setting. Put a pair of SH-56 multi-release cleats on your shoes. Readjust tension on pedals until you feel like you have a nice balance between retention and release. Nothing is going to be Frog-like, but that will make in/out a bit easier.
    Last edited by j44ke; 07-30-2021 at 03:03 PM.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bironi View Post

Time ATAC- problem solved

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Woke up grumpy then found these at the farmer’s market…
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I had an appendectomy last week and one of the laparoscopic incisions is at my waistline right behind the snap for my shorts. It's bugging the hell out of me this morning.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Medical insurance billing in the United States. Imagine if other services were billed that way...
    "Well, this is an in-network LBS, but we used an out-of-network chainwhip to change your cassette."

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some asshole dumped a 25' boat full of old tires into the woods on the side of the dirt road right up the street from my house.

Un-fucking-believable.

August 12, 2021 by SPP™ SlowPokePete, on Flickr

August 12, 2021 by SPP™ SlowPokePete, on Flickr

SPP
    My name is Peter Miller.