User Tag List

Page 341 of 362 FirstFirst ... 331332333334335336337338339340341342343344345346347348349350351 ... LastLast
Results 6,801 to 6,820 of 7223

Thread: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Quote Originally Posted by bironi View Post
    Anybody remember the dysfunction in the movie Brazil?
    A beloved grad school professor (and respected analyst) once said to me that everything you need to know about psychoanalytic thought is contained in that movie.
    Great film.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Every film Terry made was genius. I have copies of all of them.
    Jay Dwight

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Things aren't right.

Lately at 3am I have been waking up with some strange music in my head.
    Last week it was the theme from "The Big Valley". Why I don't know. It drives me crazy.
    Last night was Wazmo. A bit more understandable as I was a design intern at Sears(!) in 1979.
    My first time in the big city. The offices were as grim as Neo's before he took the pill.
    But most of the staff had serious pot addictions so we spent our evenings on Belmont Avenue club hopping.
    I started wearing 2 neckties to work until my boss told me to knock it off.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Things aren't right.

What started as a grump on Monday, has already advanced to the "grumps can suck it, it's Friday" category, but it's worth posting. Kid's landlord fudged the closeout charges to indicate that she owed them $297.96 beyond her $1,100 deposit, after she moved at the end of her lease. Fast forward to several email exchanges and threats to go to the mat and she received $882.03 (a $2,279,99 swing) of her deposit back, which is in synch with the appropriate utility charges, etc. that she agreed to at the closeout meeting, which they initially denied that their site manager even attended...unreal. What Kushner-class POS scum they are and you can understand how someone who just wants to walk away from a hassle or doesn't realize that they have tenant rights, is taken advantage of.
    rw saunders
    hey, how lucky can one man get.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Did my final walkthrough on my new house that closes on Tuesday. The selling agent stopped by and I asked about a slide-type dimmer switch that was really hot to the touch. She went off on me about having already had the inspection and two visits to the house (to measure rooms for paint and count broken tiles) and that she had "had it up to here" with me. I had never met her before that visit. She lives down the street and I'm buying her aunt and uncle's house. I'm going to finish up the closing at the title company, make sure everything is signed and complete, have keys and garage door openers in hand, then file a formal complaint with the state realtor board and make sure she knows it was me.
    Retired Sailor, Marine dad, semi-professional cyclist, fly fisherman, and Indian School STEM teacher.
    Assistant Operating Officer at Farm Soap homemade soaps. www.farmsoap.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Johnmdesigner, check this out!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jay Dwight

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here in NY we get a late night broadcast of Judge Judy. It always does my heart good so see someone getting ripped a new one just before my bedtime (that and a glass of something strong means a good nights sleep).
    Lately she is running her 25th Anniversary special (her last season).
    Last year she axed the perm for a RBG pulled back hairdoo. I assumed she was primed for a Supreme Court nomination.
    Having been passed over though she has adopted a new level of viciousness.
    Even Byrd is scared of her.
    The Defendant and Plaintiff both left the room crying last night.
    Enjoy your retirement and your billions Judy! I will miss you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a shitty year.
    When my wife was having problems at work with her boss I told her she should be more like Berta.
    She’s fine now and her boss tows the line.
    Thanks sweetheart!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rwsaunders View Post
    What started as a grump on Monday, has already advanced to the "grumps can suck it, it's Friday" category, but it's worth posting. Kid's landlord fudged the closeout charges to indicate that she owed them $297.96 beyond her $1,100 deposit, after she moved at the end of her lease. Fast forward to several email exchanges and threats to go to the mat and she received $882.03 (a $2,279,99 swing) of her deposit back, which is in synch with the appropriate utility charges, etc. that she agreed to at the closeout meeting, which they initially denied that their site manager even attended...unreal. What Kushner-class POS scum they are and you can understand how someone who just wants to walk away from a hassle or doesn't realize that they have tenant rights, is taken advantage of.

I realize I'm responding to this late, but the one good landlord I've had was not also a real estate agent. Just a nice guy with multiple properties he enjoyed renting and maintaining. I believe he even asked us if we had a copy of landlord/tenant law (thank you, sir, we do). The other landlords I've encountered were real estate agents for the big company that rhymes with tinder fear. One liked to enter our apartment with her husband when we were not home, without checking with us first ("just doing maintenance"), rifling through drawers, then playing games with water bills and the deposit. The others didn't maintain the property to an appropriate standard, letting down their renters and neighbors. So, my ass is perma-chapped by real estate agents moonlighting as landlords, and that big company won't be getting any of my business.
    Dan Fuller, local bicycle enthusiast

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

A supervisor at work had a baby shower for her daughter and invited 20 coworkers and a few other friends of her daughter. One of her daughter's friends tested positive for C19. There are 21 supervisor/team lead people in quarantine awaiting test results and since they were at work on Monday and Tuesday, if any of them test positive, we'll have another round of quarantines. Irresponsible.
    Retired Sailor, Marine dad, semi-professional cyclist, fly fisherman, and Indian School STEM teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My niece just got married this past weekend. Very, very small event, like 10 people (not even myself) attending. They will have a big bash down the road when all this blows over.

Some of her friends (and some family) have been bitching and moaning about "not being invited..."

Some people just don't get it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Corso View Post
    My niece just got married this past weekend. Very, very small event, like 10 people (not even myself) attending. They will have a big bash down the road when all this blows over.

Some of her friends (and some family) have been bitching and moaning about "not being invited..."

Pretty sure we are all going to be celebrating your niece’s wedding if/when all this blows over.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

some people don't get it when they are not invited to a wedding period - I had family member ask me why he was not invited to my wedding which at the time was 5 years past - I had to tell him - if you have to ask then you probably know

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bigbill View Post
    A supervisor at work had a baby shower for her daughter and invited 20 coworkers and a few other friends of her daughter. One of her daughter's friends tested positive for C19. There are 21 supervisor/team lead people in quarantine awaiting test results and since they were at work on Monday and Tuesday, if any of them test positive, we'll have another round of quarantines. Irresponsible.
    Borderline criminal, atmo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't go to a nephew's wedding. I was sorry to miss it but I can't find an excuse that allows me to attend a large gathering in a private home.
    Dan Fuller, local bicycle enthusiast

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chad View Post
    Borderline criminal, atmo.
    Gee, kinda like a Rose Garden Super Spreader event for a "pro-life" liar.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bigbill View Post
    Latino family? In a park, home, backyard?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post
    Pretty sure we are all going to be celebrating your niece’s wedding if/when all this blows over.
    I'll try to rangle you & mrs Jake an invite!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by beeatnik View Post
    Latino family? In a park, home, backyard?
    Latino, Navajo, Hualapai, and white in a backyard. The family is mostly Navajo.