User Tag List

Page 338 of 362 FirstFirst ... 328329330331332333334335336337338339340341342343344345346347348 ... LastLast
Results 6,741 to 6,760 of 7223

Thread: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

I just think the visuals aren’t great. Plenty of people where we live now are working wherever they can find it - some at considerable risk - to pay the rent, stave off foreclosure and buy groceries. Seeing my skinny ass out on my bike with a smile on my face must feel like salt on the wound. Or maybe they could care less but it bothers me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by doomridesout View Post
    After the stress of giving birth in a pandemic on Tuesday (thankfully, safe and sound), I am weathering what the midwife referred to as "super PMS" as my wife's body dumps a torrent of postpartum hormones (on my parenting skills and every decision I make).

I know complaining about this is not a good look but I'm doing my best to avoid a blow-up in real life.
    Hey man, congrats to your wife and you. That’s great. I know from vicarious experience (friends and relations) that your wife will regain her composure in a couple of years, so enjoy it while you can! Plus do a lot of baby snuggling so the baby knows how great you are no matter what your wife says.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by doomridesout View Post
    After the stress of giving birth in a pandemic on Tuesday (thankfully, safe and sound), I am weathering what the midwife referred to as "super PMS" as my wife's body dumps a torrent of postpartum hormones (on my parenting skills and every decision I make).

I know complaining about this is not a good look but I'm doing my best to avoid a blow-up in real life.
    My wife returned to our apartment and burst into tears. Her mother and sister just told me to go away. I did not need to be told twice.

You aren't complaining, just describing what no one tells you about ahead of time.

So for those ten minutes of down time you have to chill in, just tell yourself you got this.

As Dr Spock writes, "it's normal, it's natural, you know how to do this."

Sorry you are taking a beating. I have been there more than once.
    Jay Dwight

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ides1056 View Post
    My wife returned to our apartment and burst into tears. Her mother and sister just told me to go away. I did not need to be told twice.

You aren't complaining, just describing what no one tells you about ahead of time.

So for those ten minutes of down time you have to chill in, just tell yourself you got this.

As Dr Spock writes, "it's normal, it's natural, you know how to do this."

Sorry you are taking a beating. I have been there more than once.
    This is kid #2 , so we're both wise to what's going on. Fortunately, most foul moods for both of us can be eased by being grateful and humbled by our unbelievable good fortune in these tough times. We're taking the time to be glad for our health, our relative financial stability, and our family. It helps right the compass for sure.

Also, my self-aware and emotionally intelligent wife apologized and recognized her behavior and that was great too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since this thread is about getting your grump on, I will give you a heads up:

You ain't seen nothing yet. Wait till menopause.
    Jay Dwight

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ides1056 View Post
    Since this thread is about getting your grump on, I will give you a heads up:

You ain't seen nothing yet. Wait till menopause.
    And howdy....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My wife, who has been too good for me for 25 years, made a mistake and left the car unlocked. Of course, the person who prowled it —losses total 1 coin purse and 1 key ring with only a rooftop accessory key on it—well, of course that person reeked of cigarettes.

My wife chose to watch John Prine on ACL last night so she’s still too good, but the car stinks. Any tips for getting cig smell out of what used to be a nice clean car?

Grump grump.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Steam or carpet foam clean the carpets. Put activated charcoal and/or baking soda sachets around everywhere. Get a tree for the rear view mirror. Leave the windows down for a couple weeks. Eucalyptus and cedar wood chips.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Call Enterprise. My nephew worked there and he told me they deal with this all the time.
    Mike Noble

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post
    And howdy....
    ask me how I know

my ears are ringing still
    Jay Dwight

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Radiation therapy effects don't stop when you stop doing radiation therapy. I was planning on getting back on the bike down cellar this week and outdoors this weekend. Not happening, between losing all my fitness over the therapy run and just being tired riding is getting pushed back at least a week. And they suggested using a soft toothbrush to brush the dead tissue off the back of my tongue. Oh, yeah, that works. I think they were pranking me. Not to mention the taste buds in the back of my mouth are on hiatus so food just tastes off which really screws with your instincts when food that you know how it ought to taste tastes wrong so you think it is spoiled.
    Tom Ambros

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Tom - been the helper for a family member and two friends. It is a mess but one thing I’ll say is impatience to get up and go is a good sign. And that I made a lot of soup with extra olive oil for lubrication & plenty of time in the blender.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Every day is Thursday.
    killing idols one at a time

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The comic books my brother and I saved from the 80s and 90s are worth shite.

My brother and I actually read them when were kids and even though we did bag and board them afterward, none of them are the 9.6 or 9.8 needed on the CGC Grading Scale. We have some winners that could have been worth actual money only if I knew then what I know now about handling comics for possible future sale. The 90s comic boom and resulting crash did not help either.

The collection spent 10 years in my family's storage place in NJ (NYC storage is too expensive) while we were in college and then starting our careers in NYC. Then 10 years in my home basement in NJ near all my bikes. And the last 5 years in my brother's basement in New Rochelle. I got them on my last trip to NYC before the lock down and now they are all (500+) being boxed up and shipped out to our nephew in Denver (aka one of many Pandemic Projects).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Today I am liberated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

March 61st. Still going to work and then home. My son arrives next Thursday, the Naval Academy has cancelled all summer orders so no jumping out of airplanes, Marine quality time, or submarine rides. Instead, he'll be at my house doing summer school on line. The entire summer is structured into 8 hour academic days on line. At least he'll be done by the time I get home so I can get my masters work done. It'll be nice having him, that's not a grump.
    Retired Sailor, Marine dad, semi-professional cyclist, fly fisherman, and Indian School STEM teacher.
    Assistant Operating Officer at Farm Soap homemade soaps. www.farmsoap.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My China made Costco lounge wear is not up to the heavy use.
    I blame Trump, he can push it down the line, the buck will end up in China.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been face to face with the public for the last month in an area that still equates Covid with a cold and I am TIRED! Not physically just mentally drained. I can't even imagine how medical professionals are faring.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure if this has been covered in this thread but am I the only one left in. this. world. that washes something BEFORE trying to sell it? I don't understand why someone would say 'it's a little dusty' or 'still has some dirt' or 'could use a little cleaning' when they're asking someone to buy their shit.

Hose.
    Bucket.
    Brush.
    Effort.
    Sold.

My god! It's not like skill is required. Just clean it.
    Rick

If the process is more important than the result, you play. If the result is more important than the process, you work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

An employee had a minor meltdown because people walking past her workstation were only 5 feet away. We re-engineered the layout to ensure 6 feet, but I just walked through the employee lunchroom and the employee is sitting elbow to elbow at a table with 8 other people. The tables are marked to encourage 6 feet. Holy f'ing shit, pick your battles.
    Retired Sailor, Marine dad, semi-professional cyclist, fly fisherman, and Indian School STEM teacher.
    Assistant Operating Officer at Farm Soap homemade soaps. www.farmsoap.com