User Tag List

Page 337 of 362 FirstFirst ... 327328329330331332333334335336337338339340341342343344345346347 ... LastLast
Results 6,721 to 6,740 of 7224

Thread: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

USA Crits stop number 1 cancelled. Media photo and video shoots cancelled. A lot of us took off multiple days to be here, only for the city to pull the plug at about 3:30pm. One team was literally left stranded at the airport as their host said “JK LOL.”

Major hit financially for the teams, USA Crits, and at least a little hit to the city.

Stop number two in El Paso has been moved to 08/22.
    -Dustin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First world problem but I have tickets to the first two rounds of NCAA tournament. Sports wise, this is my favorite time of year and I will miss not watching “the Show”.

Mike

PS Steve P, can you sell these for me?
    Mike Noble

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My frail 88 year old mother in law's neighbors invited themselves into her house (like rang the doorbell twice and basically barged in) and let their toddler run free all over handling everything in the living room while assuring her "don't worry, we don't have the Covid" and then informed her that they were having a party over at their house this weekend. I'm ready to break my self isolation and go over there and let them know that (1) if they try that again it won't be a real good idea for more than the already existing reasons why it isn't a real good idea and (2) if my mother in law gets sick they will have made an enemy of a Polack with cancer which is not a smart thing to do. I am mad. I am really frigging mad.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Similarly, my 80-ish year old mother, who has numerous health issues, continues to meet with her book group. All of these group members are at least 70. They continue to meet "because we don't have symptoms." This took some very strong but not inaccurate language from me to convince her to stop attending. Words like, oh, "death" and phrases like "drowning in your own fluids, gasping for breath, alone, at home" and "nobody discovering your body for several days."
    She's going to stop attending book group (don't know if book group will stop), but I still don't think she really understands the gravity of this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ I have 95 a yo Mother in Law that doesn't see the reason for the lockdown and has serious cabin fever...my wife has had to threaten her with not attending her hospital bedside and her funeral if she makes stupid decisions ..."I've been through the Great Depression, WWII and a few other wars thrown in, so we just need to deal with it." Oh jeez.
    rw saunders
    hey, how lucky can one man get.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Time to teach everyone FaceTime or Zoom or get them one of those video devices from the evil social media company.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I burned my bacon this morning....my co-worker was not pleased and it is raining.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

My 80 year old dad needs me to do his taxes. He and his wife are in Sun City, AZ, about three hours away. I told him I'd do the taxes next weekend. The only reason they even file taxes is because they both have withholdings set up on their social security. I've tried to get them to take the withholdings off because SS is their only income but they like the refund check. I'll explain it to them again next weekend. No withholdings and SS as the only income, no need to file.
    Retired Sailor, Marine dad, semi-professional cyclist, fly fisherman, and Indian School STEM teacher.
    Assistant Operating Officer at Farm Soap homemade soaps. www.farmsoap.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, this is tiny in the whole scheme of things... on one hand being told I had to go cold turkey on alcohol for a while has been on the main good but dammit there's a thread on whisky which makes me think of Aultmore 18 year and with everything that's going on sitting on the front steps with Karen each of us with our dram glass listening to the birds would be pretty goddamn nice right about now.
    Tom Ambros

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hang in there...

SPP
    My name is Peter Miller.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My kids, 16 and 21, don't take the moment we find ourselves in seriously enough.

I am living apart from them for this reason, no matter what.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The same as what’s grumping everyone. A scene from an outing. Central Park. Worried and preparing for the onslaught.

Mt Sinai Hospital by Jon Mandel, on Flickr
    « If I knew what I was doing, I’d be doing it right now »

-Jon Mandel

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you were in a matching navy full Rapha kit on a fancy bike (brand unknown) and you rode along Mt. Vernon Hwy in Sandy Springs, GA at around 10h15 this morning, this message is for you . . .

DO NOT FUCKING BLOW THROUGH RED LIGHTS WHEN YOU ARE RIDING YOUR BICYCLE, ESPECIALLY WHEN ONE OF YOUR FELLOW CYCLISTS IS WITH A BUNCH OF OTHER STOPPED CARS WAITING PATIENTLY FOR GREEN.

IT IS NOT A GOOD LOOK. IT PISSES PEOPLE OFF. IT DOES NOT ENGENDER ANY GOODWILL OF ANY KIND.

IF YOU WANT MOTORIZED VEHICLES TO SHOW YOU ANY SORT OF RESPECT OUT ON PUBLIC ROADWAYS, FUCKING FOLLOW THE RULES OF THE ROAD AND DON'T ACT LIKE A SELF ENTITLED JACKASS CYCLIST.

/rant

Thank you for listening. My ass is still chapped but I feel a bit better.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got up to pee in the middle of the night last night. The dog had left her nylabone out in the hall. Right where it found the bottom of my foot. My right foot is huge and painful. I had trouble walking today. After meeting at urgent care (I don’t pretend to think it is urgent enough to do an ER thing while the hospitals are dealing with real horrendous illnesses), I have been told he thinks I have a broken metatarsal bone below my big toe.
    « If I knew what I was doing, I’d be doing it right now »

-Jon Mandel

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's Friday!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After the stress of giving birth in a pandemic on Tuesday (thankfully, safe and sound), I am weathering what the midwife referred to as "super PMS" as my wife's body dumps a torrent of postpartum hormones (on my parenting skills and every decision I make).

I know complaining about this is not a good look but I'm doing my best to avoid a blow-up in real life.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by doomridesout View Post
    After the stress of giving birth in a pandemic on Tuesday (thankfully, safe and sound), I am weathering what the midwife referred to as "super PMS" as my wife's body dumps a torrent of postpartum hormones (on my parenting skills and every decision I make).

I know complaining about this is not a good look but I'm doing my best to avoid a blow-up in real life.

Dude, you live in Humboldt County. Take a powder and pass it along, please.
    Jay Dwight

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ides1056 View Post
    Dude, you live in Humboldt County. Take a powder and pass it along, please.
    Actually I need to update my location, we've been in Sacramento since September of last year. And at the moment I have approximately 10 minutes of my day to be stoned, which is cannabis tech yet to be invented.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's chapping my ass is people treating stay at home like it's spring break. You want to go for a ride? Great, I do too and I'm going to load my courier bag with crushed cans and after dropping them off at the recycling station will cruise around but I ain't throwing my IF on a roof rack to hit some trails.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crashburn View Post
    What's chapping my ass is people treating stay at home like it's spring break. You want to go for a ride? Great, I do too and I'm going to load my courier bag with crushed cans and after dropping them off at the recycling station will cruise around but I ain't throwing my IF on a roof rack to hit some trails.
    I live in a rural part of the state - if you want to go out for a ride, road, or off- (apart from the very remote possibility that you might need medical assistance and jeopardize medical personnel/clog up resources, but I think that's unlikely), go for it - you won't get anywhere near another living soul and it's a great way to stay psychologically healthy.

But what I don't understand is that I saw at least 6-7 people congregating in a local town market parking lot, having coffee, getting ready for the usual Saturday morning ride this morning.

I mean, 99% of my rides are solo. And you can't even manage some solo rides for a few weeks? And, dudes- people see this and generalize this bad behavior to all cyclists.

Sheesh.