User Tag List

Page 332 of 362 FirstFirst ... 322323324325326327328329330331332333334335336337338339340341342 ... LastLast
Results 6,621 to 6,640 of 7223

Thread: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

My job has evolved from innovative software engineering into keeping the wolves at bay. Way less fun.
    "I guess you're some weird relic of an obsolete age." - davids

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Strongin View Post
    My job has evolved from innovative software engineering into keeping the wolves at bay. Way less fun.
    Middle management?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NYCfixie View Post
    Middle management?
    Depends how one defines "middle"?

The issue is that we have dependencies on a number technologies and functions outside our immediate control and for the last year a disproportionate amount of my team has been consumed with issues there rather than time spent brainstorming, designing and leading innovation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Strongin View Post
    Depends how one defines "middle"?

The issue is that we have dependencies on a number technologies and functions outside our immediate control and for the last year a disproportionate amount of my team has been consumed with issues there rather than time spent brainstorming, designing and leading innovation.
    I feel your pain. No fun troubleshooting others software/work/systems/routines/etc. especially when you rely on them to just work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I kinda think I want a gravel bike... but I had a CX bike I hardly rode. I wonder if I'd just end up with a gravel bike I hardly ride.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got a flat today and for the 1000th time I busted my knuckles on my stupid cxray spokes that are like razor blades trying to get the tire off the rim. I forget every time I fix a flat that I slice my knuckles up on those stupid spokes. 😤

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by defspace View Post
    I kinda think I want a gravel bike... but I had a CX bike I hardly rode. I wonder if I'd just end up with a gravel bike I hardly ride.
    I have the same problem...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have several amusing panel show quizzes on tv in the uk. Many of the (already) attractive and funny ladies stand with one leg crossed in front of the other. An affectation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gggross View Post
    I have the same problem...
    If you're a 54cm and want to move from the frozen tundra to the sweltering swamp, we can share it and minimize the per-capita disuse

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why does the DMV experience stink in every state? It honestly is like something out of a cheesy comedy film if it weren't so endlessly frustrating. Two visits, two long waits, both times sent home empty because what I had doesn't match their needs. It's not hard to see why people don't like government when interacting with such unmotivated, uncaring state employees.
    La Cheeserie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I need the pushups so I'll reply. Last year I renewed my NYS license and got the new and improved version you can use to get on an airplane. Apparently now everybody is supposed to get one, and I sure hope the experience is better now. It was an all afternoon event... they have the psychological thing figured out beautifully. They sucker you in by calling you up to get your picture taken right away so you think "Aw, this'll be quick". Then you take your letter coded queue number and go sit down. And wait, and wait... while they call up everybody but the ones with your letter... fifty people go through before you and the one person in front of you get called called up to the row of a dozen clerks because only one is trained on the new license type. Except that's not who calls you up the first time so you go back and sit down again for another 45 minutes until the right clerk reappears.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saab2000 View Post
    Why does the DMV experience stink in every state? It honestly is like something out of a cheesy comedy film if it weren't so endlessly frustrating. Two visits, two long waits, both times sent home empty because what I had doesn't match their needs. It's not hard to see why people don't like government when interacting with such unmotivated, uncaring state employees.
    You work for an airline, you should have more sympathy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by marley View Post
    You work for an airline, you should have more sympathy
    Thanks for the cheap shot, but in my career I've done nothing but care and I work for an airline where I really do think most folks go above and beyond.
    La Cheeserie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bcroslin View Post
    I got a flat today and for the 1000th time I busted my knuckles on my stupid cxray spokes that are like razor blades trying to get the tire off the rim. I forget every time I fix a flat that I slice my knuckles up on those stupid spokes. ��
    I bought a used set of Campy Neutrons that had 23mm wire bead Gatorskins. I got them off, but I needed some superglue to avoid the urgent care clinic.
    Retired Sailor, Marine dad, semi-professional cyclist, fly fisherman, and Indian School STEM teacher.
    Assistant Operating Officer at Farm Soap homemade soaps. www.farmsoap.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saab2000 View Post
    Thanks for the cheap shot, but in my career I've done nothing but care and I work for an airline where I really do think most folks go above and beyond.
    Here is another cheap shot - stop telling us how great you are - you sound like tRump

and also "because what you had did not match their needs" is another way of you saying that you f'd up and did not have the right paperwork etc...

...sent while enjoying the site and sounds of the DMV

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^
    ???
    Dude.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Note to self, don't post from the DMV. But if I based it on the one where I live, I'd have plenty of time to post.
    Retired Sailor, Marine dad, semi-professional cyclist, fly fisherman, and Indian School STEM teacher.
    Assistant Operating Officer at Farm Soap homemade soaps. www.farmsoap.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bigbill View Post
    Campy Neutrons that had 23mm wire bead Gatorskins.
    oof. who does that. 23mm wire skin gators definitely belong in the grump thread.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
    oof. who does that. 23mm wire skin gators definitely belong in the dumpster.
    Fixed it for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm running into issues finding frame suppliers for 2020. i want aluminum. i want race-worthy. i want 'affordable'. i want not black. i swear this used to be easy to find.

but i want to make it happen because https://www.velocipedesalon.com/foru...tml#post974725
    Last edited by dashDustin; 10-18-2019 at 04:48 PM.
    -Dustin