User Tag List

Page 200 of 362 FirstFirst ... 190191192193194195196197198199200201202203204205206207208209210 ... LastLast
Results 3,981 to 4,000 of 7224

Thread: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

I'm still sick (head and chest). It began in late January. i'm getting blood tests tomorrow. antibiotics seem only to contain and not cure the problem. It is hard to train for PR this way. Lionel is going to kick my ass on the cobbles.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mjbabcock View Post
    Riding seems to make me want to ride more. It's an escape, an outlet of sorts. When I get five hours in a week, I want ten. If I get eight I want eighteen. Add to it the fact that I've got two young kids and a pregnant wife, both of us are working full time, and time is tight. I can never ride enough, and I become resentful. I'll admit it; I'm selfish.

So this week I decided to say "fuck it, I won't ride" and the resentment starts to go away. The scheming little voice in the back of my head stopped trying to figure out when and how long I can ride. Given what is coming in the next year, I think I need to hang up the bikes for a while. I have to figure out how to enjoy watching a four year old at swimming lessons or going to a fucking bowling alley on a sunny 60 degree day in the spring.

Lots of things about being a parent kinda blow, but it's not optional like the riding. Now I gotta figure out how to enjoy it more. Maybe 10-20 pounds of fat draped onto my skeleton will help? Pass the beer.
    So true....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One more for today.

So I bought a used Honda Element less than 3 weeks ago. I haven't made 4 starts away from the lot yet with out it throwing an error code. I picked it up Tuesday after leaving it with then the previous Wednesday. It threw the error code again this afternoon. I'll be taking it back to the dealer tomorrow morning for the THIRD time. And if all goes according to my plan, it'll be the last time. I'll have my down payment back, they'll have the car back, and we can both walk away and forget any of it ever happened.

So fucking done with this shit.
    DT

http://www.mjolnircycles.com/

Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

"the fun outweighs the suck, and the suck hasn't killed me yet." -- chasea

"Sometimes, as good as it feels to speak out, silence is the only way to rise above the morass. The high road is generally a quiet route." -- echelon_john

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mabouya View Post
    Rock chips in car windshields.

I took a hit today as I was driving to work. (2014 Subaru) It's now a dime-sized star right that the edge of the glass, about 8-10 inches above the "sweet spot" I look through when driving straight.

I'll see if the "arrest the crack" treatment will help, but still, this sort of thing bugs me. Stupid rock.

(At least it wasn't as bad as what happened to my brand-new Acura. Years ago, the very first time I drove it to work (less than 30 miles on the clock) I got a rock in the glass which resulted in a 1" crack right in the middle. I took it to dealership and the service manager said "Hmmm, that must have happened before you took delivery or the car, right? Wink wink." I said: "Yeah, don't know how I missed it when I took delivery last week." They replaced it for free, and that was that. Never got a significant chip after that. That's how you get customer loyalty. I used them until I sold the car - to one of their mechanics.)
    Subie OEM windshields crack over nothing

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My grump is actually started last Saturday. I took my 17 lb Shetland Sheepdog for a walk around the block, like we do every day. Unfortunately some well-meaning douchebag who is fostering a rescue dog didn't contain it properly. My dog and I were focused on a yard we were about to pass that has 2 Boston Terriers that like to bark at us as we go by and my dog barks back at them. So I didn't see the 50-60 lb border collie mix that the above-mentioned douchebag is fostering until it was too late. I couldn't get my dog scooped up fast enough and the big dog got by the back and was shaking her like a toy. I dove into the dog and my dog got loose, but then was caught again, I get up and run and dive in again, at some point I took a bite on the right elbow, my dog got loose and hauled ass for home. She's going to be ok, although she has at least 5 puncture wounds, one of which required staples.

The foster guy doesn't seem too concerned. The rescue organization doesn't seem to care at all. The police and animal control don't seem willing or able to do anything about it.

My little dog doesn't understand why we can't go for a walk or even out in the front yard anymore, but there is a big hole in her neck that won't let her wear a collar or harness. She has bounced back much faster than I have. I've got the bitten elbow, and road rash on hands, arms and one leg from the scuffle.

I'm well past grumpy at this point. I want that damn dog out of my neighborhood.
    Kyle Olson

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rode for the first time today after my wife was sick then I was. Thought I was recovered enough. Maybe not; one of my lymph nodes has got all swole up in the aftermath.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taylorj View Post
    In the grumpy nature of Thursday, posts like this are at least as offensive as that darn bike I NEVER saw at NAHBS last week. I am not defending that bike. (I never saw it...so kudo's to all the media who decided not to give it press!), but this post is one reason why women do not feel welcome here.
    Additionally, I can't remember who said it, but I saw one of the responses as "we give women 23 hours to feel appreciated and we blew it!" Really? You give us 23 hours? That too is part of the problem. I NEVER do women's rants. I have been playing in the bike biz for decades and so I know the drill. But the holier than thou rants about women's rights and being appalled at the bike (which I NEVER SAW until I came here) feels very hypocritical.

Yes...it is Thursday. I have my two year scans today and I am terrified and grumpy too. I love this place. And I am just playing the grumpy thursday game. No harm no foul. I am wearing sparkly pocket jeans to my doctor's appointment today! RANT RANT
    Hey, Joni, that was me that posted the 23 hours thing. I only meant to point out that International Women's Day fell during daylight savings, and it was probably a thoughtless man that picked the date. Seriously meant no malice. One day isn't nearly enough.
    Got some cash
    Bought some wheels
    Took it out
    'Cross the fields
    Lost Control
    Hit a wall
    But we're alright

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn near made it through the day unscathed but just as I was throwing one last load of laundry in and finishing up prepping my barbacoa for a friday morning crock pot jacuzzi, I stepped on a toothpick one of the kids must have let drop onto the carpet. Scratched my arch for a good 2 inches and then went perpendicular. Pretty sure it hit bone. Broke off the end but I could just get a hold of it with my fingertips enough to pull and watch at least .75" emerge from the sole of my left foot. Wife ran and got some of her voodoo oil of oregano and spilled it all over the carpet in haste - I just threw on a dab of Neosporin and a Despicable Me bandaid.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

one aunt wrapped up chemo treatment for skin cancer earlier this month.
    now, just got an email from my parents that my uncle has squamous cell carcinoma; on the base of his tongue, deep down in his throat. and he already dealt with prostate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinclair View Post
    Give up cycling, keep riding the bike.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saab2000 View Post
    Finally, I have to stay in Newark tomorrow. That really pisses me off.
    I don't normally read your posts, but I managed to catch this bit.

Go to Don Pepe's. You'll feel better.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Strongin View Post
    Every time it seems like I'm taking a step forward at work it ends up being a step into the line of fire for a kick to the gut. The simple stuff shouldn't be such a fight everyday.
    I'm going early. Same grump as last week. Just when I started to get some positive momentum, another kick to the gut at work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by havisham View Post
    I don't normally read your posts, but I managed to catch this bit.

Go to Don Pepe's. You'll feel better.

I don't normally read yours either.

I was in Newark for all of about 12 hours and was kept awake by the constant departures off rwy 22L. Our hotel is right off the departure end of that runway and it was noisy most of the night. But I did get to enjoy the delightful cuisine at yet another Ruby Tuesday. If I never eat at another Ruby Tuesday in my life my life will have been a richer life......

We don't spend long at most of our layovers, thankfully.

No pushups bitches, I rode twice today. Once on the Giant and once on the Zanconato.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maine. And the 100 inches of snow, the 13 degree average temp in February, the 50 mph winds last night and the fact that my MxxxxxO hasn't been ridden in months.
    Chris

Road, CX, Mountain

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

another day that ends in 'y', another scandal involving Penn State.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, no one said that living in New York and holding down a full-time job with bone death in your hip and a dog dying of cancer was going to be easy...
    Got some cash
    Bought some wheels
    Took it out
    'Cross the fields
    Lost Control
    Hit a wall
    But we're alright

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A girl who has always been adamant about making sure i knew that we werent going on dates when we first started hangin out (fine with me, was only interested in the good friendship we developed), just complicated said friendship by revealing that she likes me. Pretty girl, kickass personality, just not my 'type'. Dammit. Ive always been weary of boy-girl friendships.. They never seem to exist simply at face value, and i thought id finally found one..
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinclair View Post
    Give up cycling, keep riding the bike.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by seanile View Post
    A girl who has always been adamant about making sure i knew that we werent going on dates.
    Ha, should have been a clue, like when someone starts out with "honestly", or "can I tell you the truth".

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So pretty much every serial killer in history started their hobby by torturing/killing animals. As such, I've always taught my kids to not kill things senselessly, including bugs (exception: ticks). Seems like a reasonable preventative step to keep my kids from becoming psycho killers. You're welcome. Anyhoo, at school the other day my boy and his friend found a lady bug in the class. The were attempting to scoop it up and put it somewhere safe when their wench of a teacher comes over, moves the boys out of her way, and stomps on the lady bug. Huh? What the fuck is that? It's a shame that mean, cynical assholes who don't like kids decide to become teachers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am so happy these days since my scans that I had nothing to be grumpy about today. Now I have one. Stomping on a ladybug? UGH!
    Quote Originally Posted by Craven Moorehead View Post
    So pretty much every serial killer in history started their hobby by torturing/killing animals. As such, I've always taught my kids to not kill things senselessly, including bugs (exception: ticks). Seems like a reasonable preventative step to keep my kids from becoming psycho killers. You're welcome. Anyhoo, at school the other day my boy and his friend found a lady bug in the class. The were attempting to scoop it up and put it somewhere safe when their wench of a teacher comes over, moves the boys out of her way, and stomps on the lady bug. Huh? What the fuck is that? It's a shame that mean, cynical assholes who don't like kids decide to become teachers.
    Joni Taylor * TEXmarket-USA * www.texmarket-usa.com
    Build to order, European Production of Cycling, Running and Triathlon Apparel

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mabouya View Post
    Rock chips in car windshields.

I took a hit today as I was driving to work. (2014 Subaru) It's now a dime-sized star right that the edge of the glass, about 8-10 inches above the "sweet spot" I look through when driving straight.
    Same thing happened to me and my 2013 Outback. A year later, we got hit with a hard freeze. Got in my car and drove to work. Sat in my car with the heater on and all of a sudden the chip became a 6" crack. Then 8...then 2'. I watched it grow and grow. Now it's huge. I'm scared to replace it because I've always heard horror stories about replacement windshields.
    -Dustin