User Tag List

Page 2 of 362 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: What's chapping my @ss today?

Quote Originally Posted by dhoff View Post
    move fluidly
    Nails it. I've become pretty good at figuring who's fumbling around with their phone in traffic based on their lack of fluidity in traffic. Same for runners/cyclists with headphones at max volume.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fucking stuck up roadies. Not every ride is a 'training' ride. I don't give a shit if you are actually pro or just a 'KOM' Strava jerkoff......when I wave...wave back. A smile at least! It makes us all look bad.
    I try to not take myself too seriously when in tights with pearlescent shoes and shaved legs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've recently become much slower on my feet due to arthritis in one knee. I'm getting frustrated that I can't draft any salespeople when they try to lead me to the item I've requested. They drop my ass every time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best friend/ band member of 7+ years playing it fast and loose with my phone number. Now I'm subbing tonight at a free show for a band who's music I've never even heard. I was day-drunk when I agreed to this; because when a Psychedelic Fur calls, you answer. Now I'm going to have an audience of my dearest and closest friend assembled to watch the trainwreck.

Oh, and my girlfriend thought it would be hilarious to rip the elastic out of my underwear... in public... with a 30-minute walk home ahead of me.
    Got some cash
    Bought some wheels
    Took it out
    'Cross the fields
    Lost Control
    Hit a wall
    But we're alright

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Idiots driving slow in the fast lane. The law is clear: 'Slower traffic keep right'. The law does not say 'Slower trafic keep right...unless you are going the posted speed limit, then its ok to drive in the fast lane, create a traffic jam, force everybody to drive around you, and be an idiot'.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

guys on their cell phones while taking a dump. and people with ipods planted in their fucking ears 24/7.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shoney View Post
    guys on their cell phones while taking a dump. and people with ipods planted in their fucking ears 24/7.
    See you next week.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chasea View Post

Oh, and my girlfriend thought it would be hilarious to rip the elastic out of my underwear... in public... with a 30-minute walk home ahead of me.
    I also think this is hilarious. Please tell me this was a major wedgey situation.
    Mods, please move this to the fetish section if necessary.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by e-RICHIE View Post
    I don't like it when others allow the water to well up around the Formica or porcelain at or near a sink. It's just plain sloppy atmo.
    Absolutely! That makes me nuts- I am forever mopping up around sinks. It's not a bloody fountain- my cat is more tidy using the sink than most people. People who can only manage to put dishes and silverware in the forward half of the dishwasher also bother me. You've got all this unused dishwasher real estate back there, just begging to be used. But no- it's far better to cram every single fork in the house in first silverware basket and leave the others empty. Embrace the entire dishwasher and witness its awesome cleansing power.

What really grinds my gears is when people drive around in the winter and they've only cleared one square foot of snow off their windshield so they can see out ahead- the entire rest of the car is still covered with snow. Apparently being irretrievably stupid and incredibly lazy is an absolute prerequisite to getting behind the controls of a several thousand pound mechanical device in the worst driving weather. I harbor the belief that these are the same people that drive at a snail's pace in the parking garage, looking for that one magic spot on the lower parking level that every other driver has somehow missed.

And another thing- If you're going to put a bumper sticker on your car that announces to the world "My (insert dog breed here) is smarter than your honor student" then you are honestly stating that you are a dog lover who unfortunately is also an idiot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And also this- pull that silly bluetooth earpiece/mic out of your ear because when I see you walking down the street in front of me yammering away waving your hands around you look like a crazy person talking to himself. The only person cool enough to pull off a bluetooth earpiece is Steve McQueen- and he's dead.

And if you go into a store and expect people to help you while you're talking on your cell phone- don't. Because it's rude. If you expect good customer service then be a good customer- it's a two way street.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My wool cycling shorts......

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by steve garro View Post
    I just had a client unlatch my front gate on my driveway at 8:00 PM on a Sunday, walk the 200' to my front door, walk in the front door, find me sleeping on the couch after a long day at work, sit down oppisite me on the other couch, wake me by just starting to talk cranked to 11 which makes me jump about a foot into the air & start yelling Fuck! What? Who?

"My bolt-on hub slipped out about 1/8" and I need you to fix it."

I just got up, straightened it in ~ 5seconds and went back to sleep without saying anything.

My wife assures me it happened - I think I did the wrenching equivalent of sleepwalking.

I'm glad I didn't go off.............

- Garro.
    Seriously, you're a more forgiving person than I.
    Eric Doswell, aka Edoz
    Summoner of Crickets
    http://edozbicycles.wordpress.com/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/edozbicycles/
    In Before the Lock

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Easy boys and girl men. Self imposed moritorium until next thursday. In the meantime I've got people to annoy ;)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seeing the toilet paper roll empty on the dispenser. And even more egregious, seeing a fresh roll of paper ready to load upon the dispenser, but just sitting there next to it. Cheesis K. Reist, that really rustles my jimmies.
    Riding with a live hornet in your mouth is not advised.:eek:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paying 30 bucks to watch the tour on demand, only to hav the female end of my computer's power charger crap out. Probably a week or two to repair it.
    Got some cash
    Bought some wheels
    Took it out
    'Cross the fields
    Lost Control
    Hit a wall
    But we're alright

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, it's not Thursday anymore but I'm pissed (and distraught) that the Delta flight I've been using for several years from GRR-DCA (direct, no stops, no delays, no nothing) is going away as of next week. This flight has been my lifeline from the sanity of the midwest to the insanity of the east coast and it takes about 80 minutes west to east and 90 minutes east to west to go from one universe to another. And it's going away.

I honestly don't know what I'm going to do as this is a major paradigm shift for me. Bigger than anyone thinks. Still trying to wrap my arms around the loss of this flight.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GAAP View Post
    Idiots driving slow in the fast lane. The law is clear: 'Slower traffic keep right'. The law does not say 'Slower trafic keep right...unless you are going the posted speed limit, then its ok to drive in the fast lane, create a traffic jam, force everybody to drive around you, and be an idiot'.
    Yep, this one. Random arbiters of velocity piss me off every damned time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's Thursday. And I have not too much to complain about today. Don't ask me tomorrow as I have to commute back out east to DC, which is not my favorite place on the planet and my direct flight is no longer available. So I have to ride the Zanconato tomorrow as I commute out early in the day. Miserable. Oh, wait, no, that part doesn't suck.

Nothing to bitch about today. 45 mile race last night and a 61 mile ride today. Not too shabby.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Morons who use the internet to take wild swings at experts.

JUST because we answer you doesn't mean get to be rude.

ISO Adults who can hold a civil conversation.

Today is Thursday and I'm a little grumpy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who called you an expert?!?
    Last edited by chasea; 07-12-2012 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Bisoux
    Got some cash
    Bought some wheels
    Took it out
    'Cross the fields
    Lost Control
    Hit a wall
    But we're alright