User Tag List

Page 199 of 362 FirstFirst ... 189190191192193194195196197198199200201202203204205206207208209 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,980 of 7224

Thread: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Quote Originally Posted by mjbabcock View Post
    So this week I decided to say "fuck it, I won't ride" and the resentment starts to go away.
    Yeah, once you accept that you won't be riding, it becomes easier to deal with. So...yeah...

Not really, but there isn't shit you can do about it other than get over it. Weekly crits start here this week. I've accepted that I won't be attending for the 2nd the year in a row, and likely won't get my desired 7 races in, again. Resentment doesn't go away, you just focus on other stuff. It's like a shaken up soda. Leave the cap on and eventually it'll calm down. Wait long enough and it'll go flat.

I hate my job.
    -Dustin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by -Dustin View Post
    I hate my job.
    I keep my office door shut for a reason. Yet, people can't seem to shut it when they leave. I don't know why it's so difficult.
    -Dustin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Comments on this BikeRumor article have me grumpy.

Work has me grumpy. Too busy. I give ECD's, leads cut it in half and then it's my new deadline.

A riding friend got grounded on Monday -- car took a left in front of him and STOPPED IN THE LANE. Then it took off, after he wasn't even apparently okay. That makes the second hit-and-run I've had close contact with in a week. I was grumpy enough to write about it.
    DT

http://www.mjolnircycles.com/

Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

"the fun outweighs the suck, and the suck hasn't killed me yet." -- chasea

"Sometimes, as good as it feels to speak out, silence is the only way to rise above the morass. The high road is generally a quiet route." -- echelon_john

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the scheme of what everyone else is dealing with, I have a selfish minor grump. My car broke down and needs $660 in repairs. Not the biggest of deals -- but I set the same amount aside for some new tubular wheels. Guess they'll have to wait...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those comments have me grumpy too. Thanks for forwarding them on. I REALLY loved Julie and her bike and she is the first to say she is an apprentice. Sorry about your pal.

Quote Originally Posted by David Tollefson View Post

Work has me grumpy. Too busy. I give ECD's, leads cut it in half and then it's my new deadline.

A riding friend got grounded on Monday -- car took a left in front of him and STOPPED IN THE LANE. Then it took off, after he wasn't even apparently okay. That makes the second hit-and-run I've had close contact with in a week. I was grumpy enough to write about it.
    Joni Taylor * TEXmarket-USA * www.texmarket-usa.com
    Build to order, European Production of Cycling, Running and Triathlon Apparel

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I pulled something at the gym, it feels like it's almost directly under my armpit?! WTF. Anyone? This is not good as I have more gym shenanigans planned, and a full wknd of ripping it up at Sugarloaf ahead as well. Who's smart here and can e-diagnose this $%#^ ! In lighter/better news, I met a hottie who's happy to keep it light/simple and loves being told exactly what to do, and I quote: "that way I don't have to think". Color me interested. ha ha ha
    you're not the lord of the flies

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Woke up feeling like I was shedding this flu thing, then shortly after breakfast felt a bit lightheaded achy and sweaty, took my temp and saw 101. Yesterday I didn't have a fever but now I wonder if that was all just to lull me into a state of complacency and kill me off today.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

being super indecisive about my uncertain future. would love to save like a banshee, quit next May, do Bike & Build again for the summer, then move to Seattle or Portland for a long term stay. i mean, how hard can it be to get a new big-boy job if i just move to a city with no plan?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinclair View Post
    Give up cycling, keep riding the bike.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh man. I don't know Julie personally, but sounds like she's got the attitude and passion to read past some of that crap and keep improving on some already great work. Critique comes with the territory, though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a small list. Vertigo, cancer, small minded people, ethanol, inlaws, and 2 or three things I'm not even gonna mention.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Certain people who work for me, who are either incompetent or stupid. Either way I'm grumpy.
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tank hangs with me at the office. He's my office companion. Makes the job tolerable.

I was just given 20mins to get him out of the office for good, because the building just sold and the buyer is doing a walk-through. I didn't even know the building was for sale...and there are all of 5 of us here.
    -Dustin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This just aint right: Video: toeschouwer veroorzaakt val bij eindsprint Drentse 8 van Westerveld | RTV Drenthe

You are racing for what $15k/year and some douchebag grabs your handlebar in a sprint!

-Joe

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xjoex View Post
    This just aint right: Video: toeschouwer veroorzaakt val bij eindsprint Drentse 8 van Westerveld | RTV Drenthe

You are racing for what $15k/year and some douchebag grabs your handlebar in a sprint!

-Joe
    Probably an assault charge in the making there.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want to vent, but I shouldn't

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mediocre hotels. Walls made out of tissue paper-like 'wood'. Noisy 'neighbors' in a hotel with 15% occupancy. Why am I neighbors with anyone at all? My company pays the bills at this dump. There should be nobody next to me, below me or above me with this few people here. The parking lot ain't exactly full.....

Oh, and being an insomniac doesn't help.....

I'm not actually that grumpy, but I really wish the people who assign hotels and work at hotels actually had to live at hotels for half their working life. Things might change for the better.

Or just give me a fan loud enough to drown out the noise.

Finally, I have to stay in Newark tomorrow. That really pisses me off.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The fact that I haven't learned my lesson yet about delving into that cess-pool (BR comments) is my weekly grump.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nierman View Post
    Oh man. I don't know Julie personally, but sounds like she's got the attitude and passion to read past some of that crap and keep improving on some already great work. Critique comes with the territory, though.
    There's critique, and then there's the BR comment section. Miles upon miles between.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rock chips in car windshields.

I took a hit today as I was driving to work. (2014 Subaru) It's now a dime-sized star right that the edge of the glass, about 8-10 inches above the "sweet spot" I look through when driving straight.

I'll see if the "arrest the crack" treatment will help, but still, this sort of thing bugs me. Stupid rock.

(At least it wasn't as bad as what happened to my brand-new Acura. Years ago, the very first time I drove it to work (less than 30 miles on the clock) I got a rock in the glass which resulted in a 1" crack right in the middle. I took it to dealership and the service manager said "Hmmm, that must have happened before you took delivery or the car, right? Wink wink." I said: "Yeah, don't know how I missed it when I took delivery last week." They replaced it for free, and that was that. Never got a significant chip after that. That's how you get customer loyalty. I used them until I sold the car - to one of their mechanics.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rapha jersey sizing from year to year.
    my name is Matt