User Tag List

Page 197 of 362 FirstFirst ... 187188189190191192193194195196197198199200201202203204205206207 ... LastLast
Results 3,921 to 3,940 of 7224

Thread: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Congested and coughing again. I thought I had finally gotten over this...7 weeks and counting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Strongin View Post
    Congested and coughing again. I thought I had finally gotten over this...7 weeks and counting.
    I have the same thing. I have had it since late January.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess I should pay more attention, but just found out the other day I'm making less money now than I did in 2011 doing the same job. Time for a change.
    Larry James

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GoPros - I get it, and I absolutely love a lot of what they've done for all of us and the activities we love. Good on 'em. Having said that: they look absolutely ridiculous on ski helmets and it's starting to really annoy me. Live and let live I guess, but man do you look ridiculous...dude.
    you're not the lord of the flies

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mainemike View Post
    GoPros - I get it, and I absolutely love a lot of what they've done for all of us and the activities we love. Good on 'em. Having said that: they look absolutely ridiculous on ski helmets and it's starting to really annoy me. Live and let live I guess, but man do you look ridiculous...dude.
    I agree, always preferred the look and form factor of a Contour. Go Pro won the marketing war though, so they're everywhere.
    Neil

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had the same thing. My PCP said she's seeing a lot of this and thinks it's atypical pneumonia bc her patients are only getting better after antibiotics.

Also have them test your peak expiratory flow. I don't have asthma but developed some upper reactive airway disease from all the coughing. You may need a short course of albuterol and inhaled steroids. I still haven't weaned off them completely but it's helped a lot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scrubadub View Post
    I had the same thing. My PCP said she's seeing a lot of this and thinks it's atypical pneumonia bc her patients are only getting better after antibiotics.

Also have them test your peak expiratory flow. I don't have asthma but developed some upper reactive airway disease from all the coughing. You may need a short course of albuterol and inhaled steroids. I still haven't weaned off them completely but it's helped a lot.
    Thanks for the tips. I just finished my second round of antibiotics in 7 weeks. I feel mostly better, but still far from 100%. I'm also on an steroid nasal spray and that seems to help a little, but it's not getting rid of the congestion and that clogged feeling in back of my throat and nasal sinus cavity. I'll ask my PCP about the expiratory flow test and albuterol, though.

Artie

When i forget to set my DVR to record an extra half hour for bike races... I watched 90 mins of The Grand Prix of Samyn only to have the recording end a few km from the finish. ; /

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We had our first noticeable, substantial melt-off yesterday (fun to see bits of cars emerging from the snowbanks - Oh, look! I haven't seen that old Merc in a month!)

Now it's heading back to single digit territory for a couple days.
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the tips. I just finished my second round of antibiotics in 7 weeks. I feel mostly better, but still far from 100%. I'm also on an steroid nasal spray and that seems to help a little, but it's not getting rid of the congestion and that clogged feeling in back of my throat and nasal sinus cavity. I'll ask my PCP about the expiratory flow test and albuterol, though.
    These prolonged bronchial issues with heavy coughing can start a silent reflux condition by weakening the stomach valve and allowing pepsin into the lower esophagus. The result is a feeling that you have lingering effects of the bronchial issue - chronic cough, sinus congestion, drainage, throat "clog" or trouble swallowing properly, restricted breathing or even asthma-like symptoms - when what you actually have is a reaction to the changed environment in your lower esophagus as the result of the pepsin. They call it silent because you typically don't have a burning sensation like true heartburn, though you may have chest tightness that feels like breathing issues or is actually associated with breathing issues. My issue was the result of several whooping-cough like bronchial infections in a row, and it has only responded to medication to lower acidity and manage breathing problems plus a change in diet to low acid foods.

My gump is - more snow. And my other gump is - complaining about more snow.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post
    These prolonged bronchial issues with heavy coughing can start a silent reflux condition by weakening the stomach valve and allowing pepsin into the lower esophagus. The result is a feeling that you have lingering effects of the bronchial issue - chronic cough, sinus congestion, drainage, throat "clog" or trouble swallowing properly, restricted breathing or even asthma-like symptoms - when what you actually have is a reaction to the changed environment in your lower esophagus as the result of the pepsin. They call it silent because you typically don't have a burning sensation like true heartburn, though you may have chest tightness that feels like breathing issues or is actually associated with breathing issues. My issue was the result of several whooping-cough like bronchial infections in a row, and it has only responded to medication to lower acidity and manage breathing problems plus a change in diet to low acid foods.

My second grump is this ^^ just gave me a fit of anxiety about my condition. Ugh...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Speaking of GoPros - this is awesome. The shot through the lift ramp is sweet.
    you're not the lord of the flies

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr B View Post
    I agree, always preferred the look and form factor of a Contour. Go Pro won the marketing war though, so they're everywhere.
    I had the Contour GPS enabled cam to review for Singletracks when I was writing for them. It was so bad that instead of publishing the review, we just e-mailed it to Contour.
    Dustin Gaddis
    www.MiddleGaEpic.com
    Why do people feel the need to list all of their bikes in their signature?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am/have been going exactly thru this. Got a weird bronchial thing back in August when i was in chicago. Crazy shit messing up my health after that. I friend is an ENT and told me about this, LPR which is silent reflux. A little different, no heartburn, just a lot of other nasal, and stomach acid problems. I battle with it everyday, and my diet has been the only thing that has helped. Switching to a low acid diet, which is basically a vegetarian diet. I was very strict vegetarian for 20 years, but have found it hard to go back. And apparently, beer is the worst thing for this. HOLY SHIT!!! i hate it.

Jorn. do you have this condition?

o

Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post

‘The Earth is not dying, it is being killed, and those that are killing it have names and addresses-‘ Utah Phillips

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bought a used Honda Element on Sunday, Feb. 22. On Monday morning the 23rd, with less than 15 miles on it off the lot, the check-engine light comes on. Friday take it back to the dealer where they say the diagnostic says cylinder 3 misfired. On Monday, Mar 2nd, they change out the spark plug, wire, and #3 coil pack. They pay for this. On Tuesday afternoon, Mar 3rd, the check engine light comes on again. On Wednesday (yesterday) I take it back again. While I'm working on getting a loaner car, the tech is doing something with my car outside, and comes in with a piece of paper and says "your wheel alignment is way off." I say "that's interesting". He asks how long I've owned the car. "10 days. I bought it here." The lady behind the desk goes "Hey Ron, can we do an alignment on this Honda?"

I just called them back. They still don't have a diagnosis on this latest check-engine light episode, though I suspect it's the same thing that threw it last week.
    DT

http://www.mjolnircycles.com/

Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

"the fun outweighs the suck, and the suck hasn't killed me yet." -- chasea

"Sometimes, as good as it feels to speak out, silence is the only way to rise above the morass. The high road is generally a quiet route." -- echelon_john

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rowdyhillrambler View Post
    And apparently, beer is the worst thing for this. HOLY SHIT!!! i hate it.
    You shut up! Don't even say that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My real grump was that i had planned on leaving for NAHBS in the morning, but apparently the road is shut down from here to there. WTF? gonna wait and see.
    ‘The Earth is not dying, it is being killed, and those that are killing it have names and addresses-‘ Utah Phillips

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by David Tollefson View Post
    They still don't have a diagnosis on this latest check-engine light episode, though I suspect it's the same thing that threw it last week.
    That sucks. We love our Element but can't say much for the two Honda dealers we've dealt with. Independent shops, Walt's in particular, have worked out much better for us.
    Dan Fuller, local bicycle enthusiast

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mainemike View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr B View Post
    I am perplexed by the need to document everything. What's next in-toilet cams?

Are we just pandering to our own narcissism?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I may be border-line misogynistic, but I am sick of young women wearing boots up to what my grandmother would call the "pupik". It seems like absolute one-upwomanship as to who can brandish the highest and most lavish looking pair of boots. I hate the look, I hate the pretension, and I especially hate the inherent mini-goose-stepping stride that comes with them. I keep thinking that like most women's fads, it can't last too much longer and I keep being proven incorrect.