User Tag List

Page 190 of 362 FirstFirst ... 180181182183184185186187188189190191192193194195196197198199200 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,800 of 7224

Thread: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Giving 30 days notice for a job where I have to beg for my check every Friday. "I don't have any money" cries da boss. BTW "I'll be off to Iran for a month starting".....................And he says I'm not worth the money. So my last three days come up and out of the blue I get a wicked gout flare up. First time ever this bad. Bad enough that I took Vicoden. And they expect me to make up the time.

And I don't have another job. fukin awesome dood

And I get phone calls--------"hey Mike how do I insert task here"..............................Phone's been turned off for 2 days.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Every time I get a new Zanconato racing bicycle frameset Campy goes and changes all their components making all the stuff I've been accumulating old news. Curse you Campy!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm probably going to get offered a nice promotion within my current company and I'm probably going to have to turn it down because I'm probably not going to be able to convince my wife to move. Probably.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boxerboxer View Post
    I'm probably going to get offered a nice promotion within my current company and I'm probably going to have to turn it down because I'm probably not going to be able to convince my wife to move. Probably.
    Feel for you, man. This happen to me. Without getting into details, the process of getting over it has made me a much better person (man) today than if I had grabbed that brass ring back then. One of the toughest things I had to do- choose my wife's happiness or my natural desire to kick ass and take names. Not saying that's you - just my experience.

Now we are doing it on our terms.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Next to me is an ailing, elderly dog. Tomorrow is going to be a very long day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by joosttx View Post
    Feel for you, man. This happen to me. Without getting into details, the process of getting over it has made me a much better person (man) today than if I had grabbed that brass ring back then. One of the toughest things I had to do- choose my wife's happiness or my natural desire to kick ass and take names. Not saying that's you - just my experience.

Now we are doing it on our terms.
    Hum, sort of similar experience when I decided to move back to France at my wife's request vs becoming ceo (all the high tech ceo I know are divorced). I am still not 100% over it (and it was 8 years ago) but I get to ride a nice Dogma F8 in provence and it is a fast bike

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Getting this started early...

2nd year in a row I owe taxes. I don't get it. I thought getting married and buying a house would equate to tax savings. I was lied to. On both accounts. Guess I need to up the additional taken out of my checks.
    -Dustin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by -Dustin View Post
    Getting this started early...

2nd year in a row I owe taxes. I don't get it. I thought getting married and buying a house would equate to tax savings. I was lied to. On both accounts. Guess I need to up the additional taken out of my checks.
    You obviously did not leverage your house enough. 99% LTV is where it's at!

I am kidding, obviously.
    my name is Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Early grump...We're in the middle of layoffs at work. This morning I've watched 14 of the most talented folks I've ever had work for me leave.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[sarcasm]But the economy is going strong.[/sarcasm]

Unfortunate. I went under the axe with 11 others in one day a few years back. All the most experienced and highest value. Business is ruthless and far from right.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pinched nerve, making your balls hurt... Snap.

$40k in material out... Everyone wants to pay next month.. WTF? Pay me now..
    ‘The Earth is not dying, it is being killed, and those that are killing it have names and addresses-‘ Utah Phillips

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been sick, in various ways, for two weeks now. I am never sick for more than 2-3 days at a time.
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Taking it up the a$$ tomorrow (colonoscopy)... Means I can't eat any solids today, and I get to drain-o out my system tonight and tomorrow morning. With an 18-year history of colitis, and being on the annual plan with the 'scope, I should be used to this by now. Still sucks. Or blows. Whichever. Every time.

And the little one has a cold, so she hasn't been sleeping well, and is whiny.
    DT

http://www.mjolnircycles.com/

Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

"the fun outweighs the suck, and the suck hasn't killed me yet." -- chasea

"Sometimes, as good as it feels to speak out, silence is the only way to rise above the morass. The high road is generally a quiet route." -- echelon_john

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm still reeling from yesterday's layoffs. Barely slept last night so I'm exhausted and cranky and sad today. To top it off, I still have bronchitis and while it's getting a tiny bit better each day, I'm just over feeling like crap. I'm now starting my fourth week with this horrible sickness.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My wife has pneumonia being treated with antibiotics AND influenza confirmed by the nasal swab. I'm probably next. Does the advice to start drinking heavily still hold?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Small company. Just getting off the ground.

Huge customer. Huge. Game changer. Been talking to them for months.

At the 11th hour, people inside their organization who were paying no attention to the program are throwing up all sorts of objections that aren't even remotely rational.

Scrambling like hell today.
    "As an homage to the EPOdays of yore- I'd find the world's last remaining pair of 40cm ergonomic drop bars.....i think everyone who ever liked those handlebars in that shape and in that width is either dead of a drug overdose, works in the Schaerbeek mattress factory now and weighs 300 pounds or is Dr. Davey Bruylandts...who for all I know is doing both of those things." - Jerk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Strongin View Post
    I'm still reeling from yesterday's layoffs. Barely slept last night so I'm exhausted and cranky and sad today. To top it off, I still have bronchitis and while it's getting a tiny bit better each day, I'm just over feeling like crap. I'm now starting my fourth week with this horrible sickness.
    None of your layoffs have embedded software development experience do they?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boxerboxer View Post
    None of your layoffs have embedded software development experience do they?
    More web and mobile app developers, but a few were pretty experienced and have worked in many different frameworks over the years. PM me what you're looking for and I'll let you know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wiped out today riding to work on the stupid trolly tracks.. It was pouring and I had to cut over the tracks, which are all over the place in this blasted city, and I just didn't lift my front wheel enough apparently, and slid out fast on my left side, which is currently smarting. Luckily there was no car behind me so I didn't get run over. Thanks effing lucky stars.

The first, and only other time this happened was 14 years ago when my brother and I returned from a 65 mile ride, and I got stuck in the tacks and crashed in front of a fancy restaurant. I yelled out the "effe" word so loud every indignant diner seated outside looked my way with horror. I apologized and carried on.. It became a joke for my brother and my girlfriend at the time to point out these warning signs, and say "oh look there's Johnny". Ha ha.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trying to buy our first house. Never thought it would be easy but had no idea it would be this hard. Sometimes I really love DC. Not right now