User Tag List

Page 189 of 362 FirstFirst ... 179180181182183184185186187188189190191192193194195196197198199 ... LastLast
Results 3,761 to 3,780 of 7224

Thread: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Just sent off a check for $2367 for insurance for Southern Wheelworks for the year.

Ugh.

Hey - buy some wheels, okay?
    Dustin Gaddis
    www.MiddleGaEpic.com
    Why do people feel the need to list all of their bikes in their signature?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    I used to work with a guy who washed his hands first and then stepped up to the urinal, holding himself with a paper towel.

I could never figure that one out.
    Very much a cultural thing, I've noticed a lot of Indians (from India Indians, not cowboys and Indians Indians) do that.

That said, if I've been out romping 'round the woods, wash first and after. Got into poison ivy once and peed before washing my hands. That was a whole new level of discomfort.
    Dustin Gaddis
    www.MiddleGaEpic.com
    Why do people feel the need to list all of their bikes in their signature?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dgaddis View Post
    Very much a cultural thing, I've noticed a lot of Indians (from India Indians, not cowboys and Indians Indians) do that.

That said, if I've been out romping 'round the woods, wash first and after. Got into poison ivy once and peed before washing my hands. That was a whole new level of discomfort.
    This guy was a southern baptists with pictures of southern generals on his office wall. I don't know what to think of a man who won't hold his own junk without clean hand and a towel.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-- from those no-shirt john deere tractor days and skinny dip'n with my buds & a few dairy lass's in the farm pond..
    tomorrow morning.., 0700 hrs squamous on the right shoulder & basal on the left shoulder --- under the scalpel & laced up like a pair of ole cleats..
    have a 1100 hrs meeting with the orlando international airport authority..

tammy shake'n her head & says.., "my bull in a china shop.."

chaps my ass with a smile..,

ronnie

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Year end reviews and my apparent inability to walk on water.
    Kyle Olson

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

--
    18 stitches matching on each shoulder.. the slugs removed with the margins achieved..
    back at it.., hour after surgery..
    tammy waiting with the dutch oven lid.., if i am not home in hour or so..

damn, can't ride in the morning.., might pull the kat-gut out, but sunday i'm on it..
    no-tell-the doc.., thanks..

can't keep ronnie down.., just smile'n

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The standard Chicago residential lot is 25 feet wide.
    We have had no snow events that delivered greater than 3-4" of snow this year.

Yet more than half of my neighborhood has not managed to shovel said 25 feet of sidewalk.
    After numerous warm/freeze cycles, I practically need crampons to walk the dog or get to the store.
    my name is Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pneumonia.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still have bronchitis and it doesn't seem to be getting any better. I haven't ridden outside in way too long. And to top things off, my company announced a restructuring and workforce reduction yesterday. It's going to be a very rough couple of weeks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This broken foot is getting annoying. Not being able to drive and having to rely on others is a pita. Just going to the bathroom in the middle of the night is an ordeal. Oh well, bones heal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wife moved out New Years. Girls are at home with me and they're better off...grades are up, attitudes are better, stress is down...

I guess sometimes you can get so used to emotional abuse that it becomes the norm.
    Insubordinate. And Churlish.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a moron. Gas oven fails to light. I'm pretty sure it's the glow plug. Do I replace it myself? No. Call service.

$100 part.
    $90 labor, 10 minutes work because the tech has the process down.
    $80 diagnosis fee. Diagnosis consisted of tech going "Betcha it's the glow plug."

$170 bucks because I'm stupid and lazy. Ah, well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After using TurboTax for the past 10 years or so it won't let me sign in under my old user name and password and doesn't remember me. So I called and talked to an idiotic machine that kept referring to itself in the first person as if it were a human being. I finally got an actual human being on the phone who was very corporate and helpful and did not solve my problem. At all. She said that she would send me a free copy of Turbo Tax and when I sign in it would show me my whole history and I could import that.

Wrong.

If anyone has a suggestion on a decent alternative let me know. They had my business as long as it was simple and accurate, and I believe it was. But I'm not interesting in playing the vicious cycle game of trying to recover lost passwords and usernames that I know aren't lost.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I, too, am sick. I was hoping the two days at home, sitting on the couch in front of the TV, would do the trick. Nope not yet.
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm trying to go to a training course for my job. I want to learn skills that will allow me to better perform my duties. You'd think that'd be a good thing, right?
    I got the okay from the boss. I got the dept. credit card from the office manager. I signed up for the course. You'd think that'd be okay, right? NO.

Apparently we were supposed to get approval from Mt.Olympus before signing up.

Here's where we are now: my boss is too afraid to tell Zeus that I've signed up for a course before getting approval. He's considering burning the $650 enrollment fee (I'll be staying with family and using my own car, so no hotel or travel cost) rather than tell his boss that someone signed up for training without consulting with the gods. Why? "Well, Zeus might get angry and might write someone up." That's right, we'll take punitive action against people who want to do a good job.

So we're gonna burn $650 out of our department's meager training budget rather than confront Zeus. Either way we're out $650. Might as well get a better trained employee out of it.

Anyone got a lead on some GIS positions? Seriously.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sugarloaf got some snow this week, getting more tmmrw. I can't ski til Saturday and the forecast includes big wind which means closed lifts. Not good.
    you're not the lord of the flies

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by defspace View Post
    He's considering burning the $650 enrollment fee (I'll be staying with family and using my own car, so no hotel or travel cost) rather than tell his boss that someone signed up for training without consulting with the gods.
    Yep, confirmed. I'll be spending that time with you guys on Vsalon instead of learning. That's cool. I like this place. You guys hiring?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3rd week of post labrum (shoulder) repair surgery. 3 weeks in a fat sling with a pillow that forces my shoulder out, causing me to constantly bump into things and crash through narrow doorways. No driving, no bike except recumbent trainer and I just learned that the one at the county rec center is broken, after buying a few months' membership. Doc says no stair climber or treadmill either, a stumble is too risky for a "few more weeks". No running. Typing my big report on a computer is painfully slow. No sleeping either, the sling is confining and itchy. Probably another week of this, maybe two, but probably no bike for another "couple of months". Dreaming of ways to hurt Dr. Mengele very very badly.... If anybody's reading this and passed on the opportunity to ride this week because the weather is a "little iffy" or you just "don't feel like it", well, eff you...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tuesday I am riding to work on Nokian tires. The bike path has a nice ice layer and about 2 inches of snow. Going great, having fun and then Arlington County plows the bike path. Riding studded tires on asphalt is not much fun and is a PITA.
    life is too short to drink bad wine....

Stuart Levy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spent the night in the hospital with my 17 year old daughter…Lupus has flared up. Doing better now, but damn, I hate to see my youngest hooked up to an IV…Captain of her HS hockey team, having a good senior year season, and now this setback. Tough to cheer her up.