User Tag List

Page 17 of 362 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: What's chapping my @ss today?

Fair warning. It ain't Thursday. See you in a few.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Montana 07 033.jpg

Life is good.

I can still ride a century.
    Shoot the old Parker shotguns.
    Beat the waters with a Howells bamboo rod.
    Mentor Boy Scouts.
    Talk to buddies.
    Walk the prairies with friends and have a beer after.
    Change the oil.
    Cut the grass.
    Enjoy a good dinner.
    Too many of my old friends are dead in aircraft accidents, cancer, heart attacks.

Life is good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My hat is off to you Bruce. Drop and gimme 20. Rules is rules. We grump on thursdays, the rest is just going to make me smile...can't have that.
    Start a Giddy Monday thread ok?
    I like the dog. You are one ugly mug ;)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I gave you 40.

So what's chapping my @ss today? Nothing , nada. And if anything is about to, I let it roll off.

You know, I never had aspirations to be a professional cyclist, and what I liked to pilot was way above the road. But the more I read and learn about the doping mess, and listen to good people here who obviously deeply care about the sport, the more I understand their frustration and anger so that would be the Thursday candidate. To put energy and love into what could be a pure , beautiful sport and watch it get subverted in drugs and lies......my stomach would churn.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to Grumpy Thursday buckos. it is Thursday 9/27 Let r' rip.

Let us have a understanding about infants and children in public places where adult activities are generally the norm eg Resturants with cloth napkins, Museums, Bars etc. etc.

I LOVE WELL BEHAVED CHILDREN. Understand me now?

I've got issues with parents who use these venues as impomptu playgrounds. Patrons having quiet conversations or contemplative moments are shattered and forced to wait patiently for a return to sanity or maybe shoot parents the stink eye and hope for the best.

Honestly, I've seen more lovingly well attended children in these places than not. I've got ground to stand on.

If your child is running amuck and screaming in a range that only a bat can hear WE have a problem.

Last, Bironi you obviously need attention. Gimme 20 Burpees and 10 Hail Faustos than we are good. xxoo, Too Grumpy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dudes who sit in meetings with their mugs buried in their smartphones. I've imposed a strict no-device policy in any meeting I convene, the posible exceptions being Docs on-call and systems folks who are on-call.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Daylight savings time lasting until practically Thanksgiving. Yeah, I love walking my dog in the dark both morning and night for the next 6 weeks.

Also, any self respecting NJ/NY/CT Italian joint would call the sausage and peppers I had for dinner last night 'hot dogs and ketchup'. Yuck. I was so hopeful when we moved here that the place down the block would become our regular spot, but tried it twice and am now putting that notion to rest.
    my name is Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Boxes of lightbulbs shattered along my commute route = caltrops of the 21st century at least for bike riders and cyclists.
    Start slow, then taper off.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jamesand View Post
    Boxes of lightbulbs shattered along my commute route = caltrops of the 21st century at least for bike riders and cyclists.
    Related...

Broken glass all over every bike lane in town. You give us the bike lane and insist we ride there or get taken out by a car. You then use it as a trash receptacle for car accident debris and broken beer bottles leaving us the choice to spend a lot of time repairing flats or making sudden moves into the "car" lanes to avoid it. Thanks city...how about you actually pick up the broken glass and debris to make it safer for everyone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chancerider View Post
    Dudes who sit in meetings with their mugs buried in their smartphones. I've imposed a strict no-device policy in any meeting I convene, the posible exceptions being Docs on-call and systems folks who are on-call.
    Dudes who convene meetings when I need to be checking out "Get your Grump on," get cx training advice, and wish Zanc a happy birthday. No, but seriously, I second your grump.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by christian View Post
    Dudes who convene meetings when I need to be checking out "Get your Grump on," get cx training advice, and wish Zanc a happy birthday. No, but seriously, I second your grump.
    I get in very early...but then also have my admin clear time for me thru the day to hit the Salon. Good to be the King. ;-> Also on the meeting front; 1) Dudes who schedule meetings at outlandish times primarily to show off their supposed commitment/importance and/or their complete lack of time management skills. At GE, we had a mook who scheduled a Sunday afternoon revenue con call. Yeah..okay sport...have a nice call. And..2) People who expect instant responses to emails sent at extreme off-hours time slots. You know..the shmuck who sends an email at 2am, then a followup at 4am wondering why you didn't respond to the 2am email. Well, chief..neither of those emails look to be of any importance to moi...so suck it. Sometimes this stuff has to be hopped on..but more often the not....no. I also wish for a filtering device that can let me know; "You have 199 new emails.....195 of them are pure drivel..."

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The large cat in my house who has now decided it is unnecessary to cover up after she craps in the box because after all her humans are going to clean it up anyway. Eye watering. I know it is the big cat because one that size would kill the little cat. I hope she doesn't do that before the mechanical contractors arrive today to continue the boiler replacement. That'll be some change order there, yes sir.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love that I work at large mutlinational pharmaceutical company, the diversity of my colleagues is truly outstanding but......some of my colleagues bring some rather unpleasant (at least to me) items for lunch, such as seafood that no matter what it is they put in the microwave at a minimum for 5 mins .....you can imagine the smell in the break area. I must admit that I have a personal rule that you finish any seafood and never take it home as a leftover and nuke it the next day.

I have been working in an open office space for the past 5 yrs - think of a cubicle farm without the walls, we just welcomed a new colleague from another department the other day. I come back from a 7:00 am meeting to an entire floor that smells like mircowaved fish cakes. This person is eating fish cakes for breakfast at their desk - bad enough when it smells in the break area but now the whole floor and by my desk!!!!!! I feel like I am going to smell like fish all day and it is only 9:30 am.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Strongin View Post

Related...

Broken glass all over every bike lane in town. You give us the bike lane and insist we ride there or get taken out by a car. You then use it as a trash receptacle for car accident debris and broken beer bottles leaving us the choice to spend a lot of time repairing flats or making sudden moves into the "car" lanes to avoid it. Thanks city...how about you actually pick up the broken glass and debris to make it safer for everyone.
    Even better Grump. I am riding in the bike lane and see some glass. Doing the right thing I stop and get my old bones to start picking up shards. At least 5 DB's ride by, don't ask if everything is OK, need anything, stop and help, nothing. Come on people lets help ourselves!

Mike
    Mike Noble

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was on watch and fleet management showed up at 4am to replace a leaky pneumatic switch on the engine. Its bad enough having to get up all night for the typical nonsense but then to get up for fleet for a part that has been leaking for at least a month... Great start to the day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Quote Originally Posted by mnoble485 View Post
    Even better Grump. I am riding in the bike lane and see some glass. Doing the right thing I stop and get my old bones to start picking up shards. At least 5 DB's ride by, don't ask if everything is OK, need anything, stop and help, nothing. Come on people lets help ourselves!

Mike
    Mike - come to VT and bring your biggest push broom. I'll lead a foliage tour!
    Start slow, then taper off.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's chapping my ass? Well, I'll tell you what. My ChampSys chamois literally chapped my ass last weekend on a 105 mile gravel ride. I even sprung for the chamois upgrade when I ordered the bibs, and applied chamois cream liberally pre-ride. That's what is chapping my ass.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I shaved my 4-week beard. I'm a 32-year-old with a baby face, so I like to leave a little something. I haven't worked for Whitey since June 15, and I can rock one helluva Doc Holliday; so I thought why not?

Here's why not. I started the beard in late August. My hair is sun-bleached. It looked even more ridiculous that usual. I had to give up, went scorched earth.

Starting over. It has been 0 days without facial hair incident.
    Got some cash
    Bought some wheels
    Took it out
    'Cross the fields
    Lost Control
    Hit a wall
    But we're alright

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't grow a beard for the life of me. I've got an August beard too. But any day now I'm buying one of them fancy double edge things and some nice blades and starting the shaving routine. F it. I like shaving.

On another note: jesus trying to race cyclocross is expensive. Car, gas, tolls, time, $30 bux for 45 minutes. Good to be reminded why I go in circles around city parks for a large part of the year.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

11:30 at night my dog decides to chase a family of skunks around the back yard and eventually traps them under the house by our kitchen. The skunks sprayed the entire outside of the house. It is absolutely toxic. It's just unbelievable- and it's everywhere. I had to buy new clothes to go to work.