User Tag List

Page 16 of 362 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: What's chapping my @ss today?

Quote Originally Posted by GAAP View Post
    Runners running the wrong direction. yeah, maybe this makes sense on roadways with car traffic etc. But not on car-free trail or bike path. The other day I am casually riding at a beautiful lake in Dallas, its blocked off to car traffic completely. Its a multi use trail so cyclists, roller bladers, walkers, baby-strollers, dog walkers, etc all share the trail and enjoy the lake views. Everything goes surprisingly smooth, slower taffic lets the quicker traffic pass, all good......................... Except for the utter chaos created by numb-skull runners that insist on running in the wrong direction, like a salmon swimming upstream.

When someone wants to move over to right, to let someone pass they are faced with some runner heading directly towards them. Aarrgghh!
    How about runners, two abreast, in the bike lane moving in the same direction of traffic (right next to a sidewalk, of course).

Awesome. Thanks for keeping it safe. </sarcasm>

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cashiers that don't understand what to do when I give them $11 for something that totals $5 and change. I actually had one young girl give me back the dollar bill saying, "That's too much". I gave it back to her and told her that I wanted a fiver back in change. It seriously took her a full minute after that to figure out what to do.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Travelling (air) is bad enough in todays world, but why is it that people seem so confused in an airport? My two favorites: 1. The person that stops as soon as they get off the escalator and looks around dumbfounded...closely followed by #2. The person riding the moving sidewalk with all of their bags blocking the entire walkway and looking around like it is an amusement park ride.

I feel better already.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to wait 24 more hours to get on a plane on go to Bend Or for a week of mountain biking. Fuck my life, Woe is me.
    Eric Doswell, aka Edoz
    Summoner of Crickets
    http://edozbicycles.wordpress.com/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/edozbicycles/
    In Before the Lock

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That sucks. No good beer in Bend either. Worse than OK, actually.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hearing about the pathetic, frightened neighbors who moved in next to my parents in upstate NY. They are terrified of: trees, weather, animals, insects, weeds, dogs, dog poop, snow plows, and neighborhood teenagers. They kill garter snakes, sprinkle poison all over their lawn, cut down the beautiful old trees in their yard, bomb beehives, set poison traps for field mice, and the dude swears if he sees a black bear around he'll shoot it. Christ, if you hate nature that much, move the hell back to Queens.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by King Of Dirk View Post
    Just stop pressing the illuminated elevator call button, okay? I can see it's already lit, you can see it's already lit, we all can see it's already lit. I know you're uberimportant (that's german for "really important"), but the confounded thing isn't going to arrive any quicker because of your extra pressing. Just cool your jets, Flash Gordon; we'll all get upstairs in due course.

Yes, this is the same asswipe who says "reach out" when he means "communicate."
    He was reaching out. Again and again and again.

Work. That's my grump. The jobs fine and the pay is awesome. I just don't want to be here. Don't want the stuff I have that forces me to be here. That's all.

"Even my farts smell like steel!" - Diel

"Make something with your hands. Not with your money." - Dario

Sean Doyle

www.devlincc.com

https://www.instagram.com/devlincustomcycles/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/139142779@N05/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dropped the daughter off at university ten days ago. My wife is phoning EVERY day. She sent a care package off already. I keep saying, let her be, she has to grow up sometime, but who listens to dad?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The 1 contrasting spoke. "Dude, a white spoke by the valve would look SICK!"

Was it originally Mavic's fault on the anniversary Ksyriums? Then American Classic, and now it's like a box to check when you order custom wheels.

It's a stupid fad and it's got to go.

streak.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=gearguywb;432410]Travelling (air) is bad enough in todays world, but why is it that people seem so confused in an airport? My two favorites: 1. The person that stops as soon as they get off the escalator and looks around dumbfounded...QUOTE]

Yes this is irritating, particularly when you have to try and avoid the dumbfounders while wrestling with an arm full of your own luggage.

Getting on the plane is even worse. What gets my goat is the person who has about three bags, can't be arsed checking at least one of them, and jams them in any available spot in the overhead lockers, usually on top of your bag. Then the effer sits down as soon as the seat belt signs go off they recline their seat and immediately rob you of your own precious real estate.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by summilux View Post
    Dropped the daughter off at university ten days ago. My wife is phoning EVERY day. She sent a care package off already. I keep saying, let her be, she has to grow up sometime, but who listens to dad?
    Ha ha. We were starting to have the opposite issue here. Sunday night my wife & I started checking the caller ID and, if it was her, we let the call go to voicemail. It took about 2 calls to extinguish the behavior. She hasn't phoned since Monday now.
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

G. K. Chesterton?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a little miffed that no one had any gripes this Thursday*

*posted now, making sure Thursday around the globe was closed out

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would have grumped but totally forgot. That and I'm on a stay-cation this week so don't really have anything to grump about. As it turns out, my life is not that hard.
    steve cortez

FNG

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xjoex View Post
    Can I vent? OK good.

So I interview with this company, talk to two CxOs. They offer me a sr blah blah position, and everything else I want. I move across the country. Thats not bad, I wanted to move here.

But total radio silence for 3 months now. I don't do anything, nothing.... I am good at what I do, not to toot my own horn, but toot toot; in my specialized field I am one of the best in the world. Emails go unanswered, phone calls not returned. Not sure what they are paying me for.

Kinda feel like I am wasting my time.

-Joe

UPDATE

Not a grump so I violate no rules as far as I can tell.... new gig starts in two weeks 30 miles of driving less per day, can ride to work now. Psyched. Notice will be given on Monday. Great way to kick off my weekend!

-Joe

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw The Master on Thursday and had a rant prepared, as I was trained by a guy whom I knew to be a member of that church. I was aware some of his sociology-based literature was based on Hubbard. But I lost it a bit when I recognized a few of the practice exercises from his "training sessions" on the screen. Not only had he compromised his business in favor of prosthelitizing, but he'd compromised the credibility of the education I'd received. When I think back to our one-on-one discussion on his last day, I can see that he'd taken an interest in me not only for my ability, but as a potential candidate for his cause.

He was barking up the wrong tree. And I remain open-minded and tolerant of others' beliefs. Still, that dude was in the wrong. And that shit is weak.
    Got some cash
    Bought some wheels
    Took it out
    'Cross the fields
    Lost Control
    Hit a wall
    But we're alright

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chasea View Post
    I saw The Master on Thursday and had a rant prepared, as I was trained by a guy whom I knew to be a member of that church. I was aware some of his sociology-based literature was based on Hubbard. But I lost it a bit when I recognized a few of the practice exercises from his "training sessions" on the screen. Not only had he compromised his business in favor of prosthelitizing, but he'd compromised the credibility of the education I'd received. When I think back to our one-on-one discussion on his last day, I can see that he'd taken an interest in me not only for my ability, but as a potential candidate for his cause.

He was barking up the wrong tree. And I remain open-minded and tolerant of others' beliefs. Still, that dude was in the wrong. And that shit is weak.
    How was the movie?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly like butler school.

Not my favorite P.T. Anderson flick, but I'm a huge fan. My girlfriend enjoyed it more than most, and she hasn's seen most of his movies. Phoenix and Hoffman are both superb. Great performances. Beautifully filmed.

Opinions seem to be divided, and rightly so. If you enjoy the filmmaker or the leading men, it's probably worth your time.

If you need resolution, or don't like movies that can be off-putting or unsettling, then don't bother.
    Got some cash
    Bought some wheels
    Took it out
    'Cross the fields
    Lost Control
    Hit a wall
    But we're alright

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IPhone 5 commercials. Its the same damm thing with a slightly bigger screen.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maunahaole View Post
    How was the movie?
    The movie was bad, very bad. it got strong reviews. The characters were well written & well acted. But there was no 'story', the movie never found direction and meandered aimlessly. Even the most ardent art house movie 'over-laughers' would have trouble prentending they enjoyed this movie.