User Tag List

Page 147 of 362 FirstFirst ... 137138139140141142143144145146147148149150151152153154155156157 ... LastLast
Results 2,921 to 2,940 of 7224

Thread: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

The phrase "defies physics" is used in nonsensical ways.

For example: "MATT HUNTER DRAGS BAR AND DEFIES PHYSICS [Editors note: No he didn't]" (Thanks, Bike Rumor)

But "MATT HUNTER TAKES ADVANTAGE OF HIS INTUITIVE KNOWLEDGE OF PHYSICS TO PERFORM AN IMPRESSIVE STUNT" doesn't sell adverts, I guess.

Also this: You need two parts soldered back together so you can take some measurements. All this requires is handing them to a tech and saying please and thanks. So you hand it to another engineer (me) and imply I should have done this already? Smells like bullshit to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We returned home last weekend to find that our daughter's bike had been stolen from our "hiding" place next to the house. Stealing kid bicycles pretty much defines despicable dirtbag in my book. Broke my daughters heart and boils my blood.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Zipper sliders. Specifically, the cheap little part that connects the tag to the slider. Apparently some jerseys have a one year time expiration and the little part has to break. Maybe because I buy cheap jerseys. Anyway, it chaps my ass I can't see anything close up any more so naturally what breaks is the tiniest part. One would be enough. Two let go in the last week. Harrumph.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

trying to tell a client who already hates you and thinks your product has been an epic fail, nicely, it's not us, it's you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by roseyscot View Post
    trying to tell a client who already hates you and thinks your product has been an epic fail, nicely, it's not us, it's you.
    What's not to like about that? Show some pleasure in your work!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fucking veloflex valve was dead today and it ruined the last 20k of my ride. Second time this happened to me. Could not be fixed on the spot and of course my spare valve was in the car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How can a valve fail in the middle of a ride?
    --
    T h o m a s

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sk_tle View Post
    How can a valve fail in the middle of a ride?
    Exactly, I have no clue. Tire was flat, I thought it was a slow leak, put some pitstop in it, leaked right away thru the core.... Tighten the core, re-pumped, 15 km later flat again.... Once at home, the core is very stiff, replaced it with another one and all is well. As I said no clue. I wonder if my lezyne floor pump with the screw/unscrew head can be damaging the valve core. Can't really think of anything else. Or maybe a faulty core to start with.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why didn't Sebastien give you a spare wheel and push you back into action? That would have been the gentleman thing to do you know.....
    La Cheeserie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe tmi, but whatever:
    as of last thursday, been dealing with an installed-baseball like pain between my belly button and my sternum. thought it was an ulcer or something.
    after reading around a bit, realize it mustve been something that i ate that corked me up, and so for an entire week it's only been letting me enjoy meager progress in the privy maybe once a day. not mention, right behind that cork was a crapton (pun) of gas that couldnt go anywhere, not even up, and all the foods i thought i should keep eating because theyre healthy are apparently very gas-inducing and very counterproductive.
    so after a couple tiles of exlax and tabs of gasx last night, feeling muchhh better.
    lost a week of activities in the meantime though because id spent the week going home and laying down and writhing until forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinclair View Post
    Give up cycling, keep riding the bike.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saab2000 View Post
    Why didn't Sebastien give you a spare wheel and push you back into action? That would have been the gentleman thing to do you know.....
    He was not there !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The FAA implemented changes intended to reduce fatigue and reduce the numbers of changes of circadian rhythm within periods of work. Why, then, am I starting with a 04:40 check-in time on day one. Same on day 4. And a scheduled completion time of 23:55 on day 5? And why do we have 5-day trips when the contract specifically forbids them? Oh, I know..... it doesn't say you can't make a 3-day and a 2-day and put them back to back.

I love 25 hours in Burlington, VT as much as the next guy, but seriously, sitting in a hotel not near anything is weak sauce. At least we went out last night and the level of 'talent' in this town is outrageous..... ;-)
    La Cheeserie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm on day 4 of an exhausting 5 day work trip. I'm in California and have no bike. I've been reduced to jogging. Blech. To make matters worse, I'm stuck at a convention so the beer selection has been abysmal. I can't wait to get home to my bikes and my stockpile of Ommegang.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Being told that I'm "not a team player" and "only think of myself" by a supervisor that won't won't rock the boat to get problems fixed because he's afraid of disrupting his career path.
    Eric Doswell, aka Edoz
    Summoner of Crickets
    http://edozbicycles.wordpress.com/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/edozbicycles/
    In Before the Lock

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was interviewing a facilitator.

Me: Is what you just said correct.

Facilitator: You have to excuse me, sometimes I talk before I think.

Me: Here is some critical feedback, that is one trait that I would never want a facilitator to have....... Thanks for your interest

I mean WTF, I thought Facilitators are supposed to give deep thoughts before talking.....
    life is too short to drink bad wine....

Stuart Levy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by znfdl View Post
    I was interviewing a facilitator.

Me: Is what you just said correct.

Facilitator: You have to excuse me, sometimes I talk before I think.

Me: Here is some critical feedback, that is one trait that I would never want a facilitator to have....... Thanks for your interest

I mean WTF, I thought Facilitators are supposed to give deep thoughts before talking.....
    People with job titles like facilitator chap my ass. Like, WTF do you do, really?
    Eric Doswell, aka Edoz
    Summoner of Crickets
    http://edozbicycles.wordpress.com/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/edozbicycles/
    In Before the Lock

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'll take that job title (facilitator), who is hiring? (just to chap eric's ass--no really just to have a fukkin job title (i'm on C/L again rooting around for work).

hey i just broke a tooth, brushing them...mmm holey head until monday. Does JB weld come in white?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pissed at the world that I always come on here and there are a batch of posts on the grump thread makes me feel like my problems are small.

Ok, I'm not pissed about that, but it does happen every week.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My wife is taking advantage of me working from home and basically not having a set schedule. The thing is - I do kind of have a set schedule - and I'm losing a couple of hours of productive work daily now being a shuttle dad.

The only worthwhile VC funding offer we've had for a side project startup fell through.
    Auk's words to live by:
    Blow up and pin a picture of M. Bartoli on your wall. When you achieve that position, stop. Until then, stretch, ride, stretch, ride, eat less, and ride more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beer in Boston is too effin' expensive.