User Tag List

Page 14 of 362 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: What's chapping my @ss today?

Quote Originally Posted by marley View Post
    Fedoras - (they only look good if your last name is Sinatra or you have a glass eye), capri pants for men, skinny jeans -basically any hipster - especially when they are spotted outside of their natural environment of Brooklyn - i.e. in Boston or Cambridge
    I recently witnessed a Brooklyn hipster partaking in bad habits in Greenwich. That's my grump.

Don't worry Chase I won't post the pictures.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ended a four year relationship with my home girl at 8am this morning

feelings mutual, for each's best, we bowed to each other--but damn if i can't do anything but get weak kneed and reminisce

C. Dyer, we've got work to do today.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Pinch flats - at least they weren't on my bike. C'mon, VT, pay for some rounder stones! ;-)
    Start slow, then taper off.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EddieBirdsell View Post
    I recently witnessed a Brooklyn hipster partaking in bad habits in Greenwich. That's my grump.

Don't worry Chase I won't post the pictures.
    Another grump.

Some Irish guy is goin around Greenwich pretending to be me; checkin in on foursquare at just the worst places.
    Got some cash
    Bought some wheels
    Took it out
    'Cross the fields
    Lost Control
    Hit a wall
    But we're alright

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's this blonde lady jogging around the neighborhood with 3 dogs on leash, and yeah, I checked her out. On her second lap she's walking this time, smoking a cig, talking on her cell while holding a doggy deuce bag & contents with the hand that's not holding the leashes. Finishes her conversation and picks up the jog again. Not sure where the cig went (maybe the poo bag was full of butts?), or why I list this as a grump because it was pretty damn awesome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh yeah - foursquare. i've all but quit using it because i'm pretty sure some guy is just checking in places daily without actually being there. there's one bookstore i actually visit twice a week and was mayor for six months. then one day some guy steals the mayorship, and i'm infinity days away from regaining it. the same guy is mayor at like 5 other places i'm at all the time. i guess maybe this ties in with the doping thing.

grump
    steve cortez

FNG

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cheapest thing on the room service menu at the Dolder hotel in Zurich is a $44. pasta bolognese

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xjoex View Post
    I can't think of shit to pretend to do for 8 hours a day!

-Joe
    So, just what is it would you say you do around here?......

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not picking on anyone in particular, your name was in the lineup. Happy Birthday.

Meh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm constantly trying to give Prospect Park a shot. I figure it's good for slow, no fun, just get 'em in kind of miles.

Flatted. Dozens of cyclists passed. I had everything I needed, but not one slowed or asked if I was covered.

Then, within half a lap of the 3 mile loop, two "cyclists" did stupid shit and almost took me down.
    Got some cash
    Bought some wheels
    Took it out
    'Cross the fields
    Lost Control
    Hit a wall
    But we're alright

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank god it is Thursday. I’m still a little snarly about this from a few days ago:

Crossing a backed up El Camino Road (a busy 4-lane surface road) on a pedestrian green light when two cars dash across the intersection trying to avoid getting caught behind the red for another cycle, swerving around me (resplendent in neon) and narrowly missing a wobbling PREGNANT LADY on her bike with a TODDLER strapped into a baby seat. The second driver has her windows open so I shout “Oh, come on! It’s a pregnant lady and a BABY! What’s wrong with you!” Driver, who is now stopped in the backed-up traffic, mouths “What-EVah.”

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dept budget is 2k less than it was 14 years ago.
    25 depts are going to be evaluated.
    10 will be cut.
    Student body is mostly minority. Sports is not on that list of 25? (Mr. Chancellor, do you remember Hoop Dreams?)
    Income: $250k+ 1% tax hike, $300k+ 2% tax hike. $500k+ 3% tax hike. Sales tax 1/4% tax hike. All expires in 7 years. (tuition went up 30% last year)

Remember when you told those brown kids that going to college was the best way to ensure that they'd find their way out the "lower class?" Remember when you told them that California was awesome because it had the most college opportunities? Remember when you encouraged vo-tech teachers to transfer to the juvenile detention system? Remember in 2012 when CalState stopped accepting freshpeople and decided that accepting out-of-state grad students made more sense?

yeah, me too.
    elysian
    Tom Tolhurst

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    (Yeah THOSE guys, hate em)

OH Dark thirty bicycle riders with NO farking lights. I'm extra grumpy after eating $h!t on a bad cx bike dismount this tue. and am sucking coffee outside my coffee shop. The birds are chirping, sunrise is inevitable, cars are humming by on the busy road I'm working on a pleasant peaceful feeling.......and here comes a rider with no lights headed for a piece of 3 lane that has almost no street lights and ZERO apron. He is lean, riding a BA bike and it churns my stomach, the guy KNOW better. I want to go knock his a$$ into a ditch (gently of course) and cut his spokes with a wire cutter, toss him $20 and tell him to go buy a light. Stupidity should be painful. What really gripes my @ss are two things, he casts a dim view of cyclists and ,g-d forbid, the idiot gets hit will cause incredible suffering for himself AND the person who hits him. Riders owe drivers some measure of responsibility to be visible and predictable. At the very least, dewd, wear a helmet. Eff me. thursdays sheesh.

Fire it up
    I've seen a similar thing. Riding to work on a bike path and its pitch black. I come around a corner and almost cr*p myself when a guy comes whizzing around the corner with no lights. Nothing. To make matters worse, he has kid riding along close behind him. He may have been able to see my light, but I sure was not able to see him. What a moron and doing it with your kid in tow...well the a$$ knocking, cutting spokes etc solution sounds about right.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate hate hate Asian mosquitoes. They own me and secretly lay awake at night drinking fermented Too Tall blood cackling about how much torment they've inflicted that day.

D@mn you all the he!!.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by professerr View Post
    Thank god it is Thursday. I’m still a little snarly about this from a few days ago:

Crossing a backed up El Camino Road (a busy 4-lane surface road) on a pedestrian green light when two cars dash across the intersection trying to avoid getting caught behind the red for another cycle, swerving around me (resplendent in neon) and narrowly missing a wobbling PREGNANT LADY on her bike with a TODDLER strapped into a baby seat. The second driver has her windows open so I shout “Oh, come on! It’s a pregnant lady and a BABY! What’s wrong with you!” Driver, who is now stopped in the backed-up traffic, mouths “What-EVah.”
    Is there a place you can buy a nice handmade knout? Hypothetically speaking, of course.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Today's ass-chap; The tired old shibboleth that if; "You have't been there, you don't know..." While of course many things require firsthand experience to be discussed with 100% authority, many do not. No lengthy diatribe forthcoming...just sayin'. This stance..a knee-jerk go-for-the-throat-right-off-the-bat attempt to instantly command some sort of moral and authoritative high ground...crops up lots of places, why...even on Cycling forums. Not here, of course.

I mean...I get it, dude...I haven't "been there"...I've never actually been to the moon, either...but I can say with a fair amount of surety that the moon is not made from green f*ckin' cheese.

As You Were.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nicely played Chancerider and with that the floodgates are open.

Throwing trash out of car windows.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cigarette butts everywhere.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chancerider View Post
    Today's ass-chap; The tired old shibboleth that if; "You have't been there, you don't know..." While of course many things require firsthand experience to be discussed with 100% authority, many do not. No lengthy diatribe forthcoming...just sayin'. This stance..a knee-jerk go-for-the-throat-right-off-the-bat attempt to instantly command some sort of moral and authoritative high ground...crops up lots of places, why...even on Cycling forums. Not here, of course.

I mean...I get it, dude...I haven't "been there"...I've never actually been to the moon, either...but I can say with a fair amount of surety that the moon is not made from green f*ckin' cheese.

As You Were.....
    Seconded.
    And "you don't know what it's like to have..." or "you don't know how it feels..."
    Do I know what it is like to be you? Do you know what it is like to be me? Isn't one of the very first infant developmental tasks supposed to be the realization that I am not you?
    Sheesh.
    I'm done now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jet lag that has me sleeping through my alarm and missing my window for a ride before work.