User Tag List

Page 13 of 362 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: What's chapping my @ss today?

Quote Originally Posted by xjoex View Post
    I can't think of shit to pretend to do for 8 hours a day!

-Joe
    The problem is also when you've taken the time and trouble to get good at what you do and then the organization you work for sits still you don't keep up the pace of your own progress. They'll be amazed how much I know if we ever decide to do something because I find myself with lots of time to read manuals but unless I actually implement something it's like I never did anything. Accomplishments along the lines of cleanup, streamlining administration and little nice things here and there are fine but they're not the same.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TT - How many gripes a day do we get?

Another one, since we're on work related gripes, are people that assume they can do your job better than you can. I handle massive campaigns on the interwebz and anyone that's ever looked at a webpage likes to weigh in on how it should be done. I don't do branding. I do direct response; so I use terms like ROI and actually measure how I'm doing. I keep the lights for a large number of people at this place.

So no, just because you use the Google doesn't mean you know how Google works.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Credit card fraud. Was having a great day until I got that call from the card company telling me my card has been used to make a purchase 5 states away the same day I used it here. At least they're looking out for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The elevator is not a telephone booth. Intentionally started a conversation with someone else in the elevator the other day to annoy a guy talking on his cell phone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jayme View Post
    The elevator is not a telephone booth.
    Nor the men's room. True, but completely juvenile, story:

A couple of months ago, I am using the facilities at my office. I seem to be alone. A gent walks in and is standing at the urinal next to me talking on his "smart"phone...literally conducting business while conducting business. I am on the cusp of expressing my irritation at this when, all of a sudden, we both realize we are not the only two men in the room: the fella in the stall a few feet over emitted a noise that must have alarmed the folks at SETI with its volume and duration. I mean it was a seismic event.

After two or three seconds of dead silence, chap next to me says, "I'll call you back."

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is no grump limit. Get that cr@p out, don't let it fester.
    Grump Club Rules
    - No replies
    - If this is your first grump you must dump
    - One grump at a time

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not down with people using their smart phones in the locker room... what is to stop them from taking pictures of my junk...

-Joe

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xjoex View Post
    I am not down with people using their smart phones in the locker room... what is to stop them from taking pictures of my junk...

-Joe
    Somebody owes me 20. Drop and push you weasel.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My hand hurts. I don't remember doing anything to it recently. Grump grump.
    steve cortez

FNG

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Every single person (besides me) on the Lakefront Path between Diversey and Monroe at 7:30am today.
    my name is Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    Somebody owes me 20. Drop and push you weasel.
    Is it because I talked about my junk? Its natural dude, don't make it weird.

-Joe

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The f'n farmer's market that sets up outside my office on Thursday's sets me on tilt. Almost everything is over-priced, and half the stands are selling dried flowers, tea, soap and other crap that I can't (or at least won't) eat. It's supposed to be a freekin' farmer's market ... where are the farmers?!?! Most of the sellers are a bunch of wannabe hipsters selling organic bullshit who would know a real farm if it walked up to them and smacked them in the ass. Most lame.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, one more then I'm done for the week.

I hate to run. I mean, I'd rather have a root canal. But it's something I make myself do to get a little cardio in on days I don't have time to ride (too often). There's a ~4 mile path that winds along the bayou near downtown Houston, and for several months now it's been largely torn up as the city widens and repaves it. It's now getting easier to navigate without risking a broken ankle.

Sunday, I am slogging along at my ~9min/mile pace (I suck); there's not a soul within 100 meters of me, save one...a cyclist. I'll use that term loosely. She's coming up behind me (I know this now - didn't know it at the time).

This chick is draped over her aero bars in full tuck - at 10mph. She passes within two inches of my left elbow, scaring the fcuking shite out of me. Despite my efforts to be a kinder, gentler person, I yell "take it easy, Lance." She looks annoyed. I wanted to throw a rock at her, but she was so aero I'm sure it would have glanced off of her harmlessly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just discovered that someone has been adding sections of our local "multi-use" paths as Strava segments.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Dr always says, "Rest 2 weeks and then come back if it still hurts."
    So I rested 2 weeks and then called Dr.
    He gave me the response...after I told him I'd been off the bike for 2 weeks.
    HELLO?! Did you not hear what I said?

Also, every time I go to you its $20/20 min and I walk out with a referral. WTF do I have to see you? Just charge my goddamn card $20 and fax me a goddamn referral. Same thing goes for the prescription you've given me for 3+ years. Nothings changing. The dose isn't changing. WTF do I have to take a day off, come in, pay $20 and have you re-write a script? I'll just pay you $20 to save the hassle of coming in. For christ sake, its for coldsores its not a freakin painkiller.
    elysian
    Tom Tolhurst

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate the comments function at the bottom of every Washington Post news story and article. Seems to bring out the lowest common denominator, intellectually lazy, socially challenged, morally bankrupt, narrow minded, smarmy, English language abusers. They're mostly fat and ugly too. And God help me I get pulled into reading the shit feeling my soul getting sucked into the evil internets. Looking for an app that's like a virtual tazer, only it feels real.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fedoras - (they only look good if your last name is Sinatra or you have a glass eye), capri pants for men, skinny jeans -basically any hipster - especially when they are spotted outside of their natural environment of Brooklyn - i.e. in Boston or Cambridge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jayme View Post
    People who don't know how to use four-way stop intersections.
    you mean it isn't a personal U-turn zone?
    "Beauty is the visible expression of man's pleasure in labor."—Frederic Goudy

Dave Wofford . | . H O R S E . & . B U G G Y . P R E S S
    graphic design, letterpress printing, fine press books and more . . . for the jet age and beyond.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaq View Post
    My kid had an amazing year. Though money's tight, we scrimped & saved, used some mileage, and sent her to France for a few weeks to stay with some dear friends. She's having the time of her life, her French has improved, she's made a couple friends. We could not be happier....

Until she sent me a picture of herself standing atop Mont Ventoux saying "ha ha. Got here before you did."
    Ha ha ha. Substitute "another weekend in Jerusalem..." and that was my life last year.
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by marley View Post
    Fedoras - (they only look good if your last name is Sinatra or you have a glass eye), capri pants for men, skinny jeans -basically any hipster - especially when they are spotted outside of their natural environment of Brooklyn - i.e. in Boston or Cambridge
    People who use Brooklyn as the go-to destination for trying too hard. Take some time to visit. The shit that bugs you about your town (this even includes Manhattan) now was sooooooo over here 5 years ago.

Fedoras are for douchenozzles.
    The 80s were over here (second time around) years ago.
    There's no more irony.
    If I ever get nostalgic about how this place is now, I'll wait a few years and visit literally anywhere else.

Quit looking up to us. We're not role models.
    Got some cash
    Bought some wheels
    Took it out
    'Cross the fields
    Lost Control
    Hit a wall
    But we're alright