User Tag List

Page 12 of 362 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: What's chapping my @ss today?

University of South Carolina. PITA. Pretty sure it would be easier to call NASA and get a parts diagram of Curiosity's power system than it is to talk to someone in admissions at USC who actually knows something.

My wife is in grad school. This is her 4th sememester. We paid for summer semester back in May, summer semester is over, she has her grades, and now there's $2,000 worth of summer fees showing on her bill still! Fees are due FRIDAY for Fall semester. This is a PITA.
    Dustin Gaddis
    www.MiddleGaEpic.com
    Why do people feel the need to list all of their bikes in their signature?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dgaddis. First offense 20 pushups. Thurs. is just around the corner.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Internet forum mods that place arbitrary and capricious limits on discussion threads.

Kidding...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jscott View Post
    Internet forum mods that place arbitrary and capricious limits on discussion threads.

Kidding...
    (Yeah THOSE guys, hate em)

OH Dark thirty bicycle riders with NO farking lights. I'm extra grumpy after eating $h!t on a bad cx bike dismount this tue. and am sucking coffee outside my coffee shop. The birds are chirping, sunrise is inevitable, cars are humming by on the busy road I'm working on a pleasant peaceful feeling.......and here comes a rider with no lights headed for a piece of 3 lane that has almost no street lights and ZERO apron. He is lean, riding a BA bike and it churns my stomach, the guy KNOW better. I want to go knock his a$$ into a ditch (gently of course) and cut his spokes with a wire cutter, toss him $20 and tell him to go buy a light. Stupidity should be painful. What really gripes my @ss are two things, he casts a dim view of cyclists and ,g-d forbid, the idiot gets hit will cause incredible suffering for himself AND the person who hits him. Riders owe drivers some measure of responsibility to be visible and predictable. At the very least, dewd, wear a helmet. Eff me. thursdays sheesh.

Fire it up

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    Dgaddis. First offense 20 pushups. Thurs. is just around the corner.
    I was too pissed to wait. Turns out they only charged us for one of her classes last summer. So we still owe $1600 for summer, plus the $6k for fall. Grrrrrrr....
    Dustin Gaddis
    www.MiddleGaEpic.com
    Why do people feel the need to list all of their bikes in their signature?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in sticking w/the words i hate theme, i hate the word: unfortunately. its stupid. it has no meaning and its over-used. its a go-to response for every kind of bullshit under the sun. just say no for chrissake. it may have meant something in the past, but it most certainly doesn't mean a freaking thing nowadays and every time i hear it i wince just before i get some degree of irked/pissed off.
    you're not the lord of the flies

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mainemike View Post
    in sticking w/the words i hate theme, i hate the word: unfortunately. its stupid. it has no meaning and its over-used. its a go-to response for every kind of bullshit under the sun. just say no for chrissake. it may have meant something in the past, but it most certainly doesn't mean a freaking thing nowadays and every time i hear it i wince just before i get some degree of irked/pissed off.
    ..And the phrase; "It is what it is". Candy-ass Fatalism used as a blanket excuse for lassitude/incompetence/dishonesty/apathy. During my time at GE, the phrase was a mantra for every do-nothing jackass.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"On a going forward basis, my road map is to get on the same page and be proactive with my team members and do the due diligence."

A long way of saying "I'm a moron."

"Basis" makes me cringe. "On a monthly basis", for example. What's wrong with saying "every month"?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    "On a going forward basis, my road map is to get on the same page and be proactive with my team members and do the due diligence."

"Basis" makes me cringe. "On a monthly basis", for example. What's wrong with saying "every month"?

"Impactful". WTF??!!!!?????!!!!!!??? Some people just need a good smack.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chancerider View Post
    "Impactful". WTF??!!!!?????!!!!!!??? Some people just need a good smack.
    Oh, yeah! I forgot! I was sent a note saying I didn't need to attend a meeting because they had "sparsed down the audience".

I responded that I agreed, it had not been exiguoused.

"Happy camper". Just used on a loud phone meeting two cubes down. I get most of my stuff from Captain Volume there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me: "This is going to need revision before I can present it to the board."

Him: "Yeah, I thought it might. So allowance for a fair amount of wind-tunnelling has been baked into the timeline."

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After my morning group ride consisting of me, some turkeys and the waking firmament, I have absolutely nothing today to be chapped about. And that has me highly suspicious... and slightly miffed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post

All uses of "utilize" can be replaced with use. Clarity increases and pomposity decreases.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can I vent? OK good.

So I interview with this company, talk to two CxOs. They offer me a sr blah blah position, and everything else I want. I move across the country. Thats not bad, I wanted to move here.

But total radio silence for 3 months now. I don't do anything, nothing.... I am good at what I do, not to toot my own horn, but toot toot; in my specialized field I am one of the best in the world. Emails go unanswered, phone calls not returned. Not sure what they are paying me for.

Kinda feel like I am wasting my time.

-Joe

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My kid had an amazing year. Though money's tight, we scrimped & saved, used some mileage, and sent her to France for a few weeks to stay with some dear friends. She's having the time of her life, her French has improved, she's made a couple friends. We could not be happier....

Until she sent me a picture of herself standing atop Mont Ventoux saying "ha ha. Got here before you did."

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xjoex View Post
    Can I vent? OK good.

So I interview with this company, talk to two CxOs. They offer me a sr blah blah position, and everything else I want. I move across the country. Thats not bad, I wanted to move here.

But total radio silence for 3 months now. I don't do anything, nothing.... I am good at what I do, not to toot my own horn, but toot toot; in my specialized field I am one of the best in the world. Emails go unanswered, phone calls not returned. Not sure what they are paying me for.

Kinda feel like I am wasting my time.

-Joe
    Just so we're clear, you're complaining about all that extra ride time?

On the flipside, my gripe is the never ending stream of work email, most of which is completely f-ing unnecessary. I'm not talking about a shit ton of email from 8 - 6. I'm talking about a deluge of email from 5am to 10pm during the week and a few dozen that come in over the weekends.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by burgess1108 View Post

On the flipside, my gripe is the never ending stream of work email, most of which is completely f-ing unnecessary. I'm not talking about a shit ton of email from 8 - 6. I'm talking about a deluge of email from 5am to 10pm during the week and a few dozen that come in over the weekends.
    You want to hear about the time last year when someone in DoDEA sent out a mass email to basically 90% of the dodea.edu domain? And about 90% of those sent an Email back asking to be taken off the list...by "reply all"? This went on for about 3 weeks.
    Insubordinate. And Churlish.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just quit reading. Right now there are 6401 unread messages in my inbox. IT will eventually archive them and I'll start over.

The head of my department has one dedicated secretary to screen all of his communication and three other support staff that exist primarily to help him do his job. Even with all of this help, he spends 2+ hours a day responding to emails that require his personal attention.

I'll start reading my email when I have a dedicated secretary. Until then I'll just keep assuming the phone will ring if my attention is actually required.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't think of shit to pretend to do for 8 hours a day!

-Joe