User Tag List

Page 10 of 362 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: What's chapping my @ss today?

Fucking dog snaps at me and won't let me clip his nails. So I don't. If he's happy, I'm happy. Except he just ripped a foot and a half hole in my fitted sheet.

While I'm at it, fucking fitted sheets? Gah.
    Got some cash
    Bought some wheels
    Took it out
    'Cross the fields
    Lost Control
    Hit a wall
    But we're alright

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fucking poncey butlers slumming it with proletarian linens.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Norwegian soccer refs, maybe all of Norway. Having to settle for bronze.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zetroc View Post
    Wanting to move and real estate prices are sky high due to new companies moving in that aren't even good companies. I really don't want to pay more than 2500 for a 2 bedroom apartment with no garage and doesn't allow pets. Thanks, Zynga and Facebook.
    Same thing here in DC area. Thanks to the fed, the bubble never deflates.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My GTI got engine hiccups yesterday. Only 55000 miles and this is like the 4th time it's been in for something unscheduled. I think this is a bit high frankly. And the info out of the dealer sucks (no info) and there are no loaners available. At least it's raining and I don't need my car..... Right....

I'd like to be pissed off about the rain but we really need it and so I'll only bitch that it should only rain between 10 PM and 4AM. But it rained all day today.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by burgess1108 View Post
    Same thing here in DC area. Thanks to the fed, the bubble never deflates.
    I've heard that if some of the DOD cuts actually take place the bubble there in the DC area could burst and overpaid, underworked airline captains might be able to actually afford to live where they work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Audi Allroad is coming back to the US of A as a 2013 model.

Howevah:
    - no TDI engine
    - no manual transmission

Harrumph.
    my name is Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phone Company customer service. When we moved 5 years ago and acquired our current number, the outgoing caller ID (what other people see when I call them) showed...somebody Not Me and Definitely Not The Name On The Account. I called customer service a couple times, opened a couple tickets, no resolution. I gave up.

Last week, after I "upgraded" my phone/internet package, they disconnected my number and left me without dial tone for about 12 hours (which I happened to find out about because they cut me off in mid-telecon on one of my rare work-from-home days), and then without incoming service for another 24. Callers heard that my number was disconnected, and I got a couple of cell-phone calls from worried friends. Nice. That straightened itself out with only three calls to customer service.

And just 'cause I don't know when to quit, I'm back at getting the caller ID fixed. 72 two hours after they said it would be fixed in "24 or 48 hours," I'm still showing up as some jerk I've never met.

Please, somebody tell me that this is harder than it looks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weasel like creatures are chapping my ass today. Whatever it is fits through the opening in chainlink fence.

5 dead ducks from at least two and possibly three visits in the last 24 hours. I'm not entirely happy to lose a drake or two, but whatever the hell it is took some of my better layers as well.

feck feck feckity feck feck.

Animal control closed at 5:30 twenty minutes before I discovered the latest duck murder, so live traps will have to wait until tomorrow. Luckily I have tons of bait right now. raar

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Only 55000 miles and this is like the 4th time it's been in for something unscheduled."
    Sorry but that's about average for VW. Lemme guess door latches and TPMS caused problems in the past? If it's your high pressure fuel pump raise hell because it's a known issue and even though your car is out of warranty you shouldn't have to pay full boat for a part that's replaced weekly at dealerships. Oh yeah my bitch is one that's been said before but it is too damn hot in Texas right now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not having enough posts to toss stuff up in the classifieds.

The fact that there should be a thread like "Get-Your-Happy-On-Saturday-What's-Tickling-My-Ass-With-A-Feather-Today" and there isn't.

Fat people. I'm no skinny-ass emaciated freakazoid with thighs like phone poles and an upper body like a malnourished 14-year-old (as much as I nightly pray to Our Lady of the Inadvertent Flatulence otherwise), but it seems like fat people have been perambulating in front of me all friggin' day - and sweatin' buckets while they do - and I kinda wanna beat someone.

Not getting out for a ride.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Soooo.....I got a letter from the IRS....yes one of those.....they say "you owe us $27,000 plus $5,000 or so in penalties for underreporting your income", well I'm pretty good about my paperwork as a freelance person you have to be and my accountant is a watertight ace (f#@$ing expensive and worth every penny) so I start looking through the evidence that the IRS presented me and they moved a coma on a $6,200 1099 and made it into a $62,000 1099!!! Ok now I have an answer! I call them up and point out the mistake and the nice person on the other end of the line says "oh,yes that appears to be a data entry problem,human error,it happens,sorry"
    Sooooo.....I think this is over.....HA! three weeks later I get a letter saying that they have disallowed a whole list of deductions and I owe them $7,600 plus interest and penalties etc.
    Turns out when they "corrected" their $55,800 addition to my income they forgot to put me back into the lower tax bracket that I belonged in.....took three more weeks and many hours on hold to sort it out.
    F@##ers
    -Eric Z

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Handlebar manufacturers who don't take side pictures of their handlebars.

Ditto for saddles.

Forgetting that I don't like building wheels anymore.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kid on a bmx bike rode in front of our cab tonight. 10:30pm, no lights, no helmet. Blew through a stop stop sign and into the cab's path. Wasn't a 4-way stop so the cab was probably doing 25 or 30. The kid ignored the stop and was blazing himself; had to be doing close to 20. Nothing anyone could do. He was alive when the ambulance took him away, no idea now. Horrific. His buddies, all probably 14 or 15, we're pumped up and aggressive, even though it was absolutely not the driver's fault. There were 6 or 7 kids on bikes, no helmet. Awful.
    Got some cash
    Bought some wheels
    Took it out
    'Cross the fields
    Lost Control
    Hit a wall
    But we're alright

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Friday, I know, but last year I complain about mealy peaches at a farm stand and the next day the owner dies in the hurricane flood trying to get in to it. Yesterday I complain about stings and today in the paper I read about a farmer that was stung to death just up the road. I am going to shut the hell up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chasea View Post
    Kid on a bmx bike rode in front of our cab tonight.
    That is terrible. I hope he's okay & makes a full recovery. I hope you aren't too shaken up. A bunch of kids on summer vacation, just being kids, distracted for half a second because one of 'em said something really funny. Why does everything these days seem so tenuous, so damn fragile?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tom and Jock-O - Drop and give me 20 if you can. It's Friday you weasels.

See you all next week.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Today is Thursday, right? What, is everything all sunshine and roses or something?

Panic among people that have been working on something for two years, all of a sudden the stuff we gently warned them they needed to think about are OH MY GOD WE NEED TO FIGURE THIS OUT NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW CLEAR YOUR CALENDARS SIT BY YOUR PHONE DO NOT DO ANYTHING ELSE YOUR ATTENDANCE IS MANDATORY. Morons. How about you actually made an attempt for this stuff to penetrate your cranium the last four times we explained it in detail in words of one syllable?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Late to the hate. IT'S Thursday you weasels. Get it out.

People who come to work with a disgusting wet cough and say "I'm really sick, I should not be here".

Stupid should hurt. Pathetic indifference should maim.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People who don't know how to use four-way stop intersections.